Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Racofer - explain this

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It is mah right... mah duhty.

This is murder!

Nou... wot happened to mah famali woz merder.

:thumbsup:

racofer

Thread Incliner
"What happened to my family was murder."

I take it he's very angry about the direction DA2 is headed, now he wants revenge and will kill everyone.

It's cool though to see DA2 has sort of a renaissance theme to it as well, which further indicates how the game world is progressing at a good pace. I honestly expect DA3 to feature assault rifles and cover combat.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
No comment on the DLC policy. Only a quick question: why did they have to steal clothing design from JRPGs (Lineage II, FF especially)?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
racofer said:
I honestly expect DA3 to feature assault rifles and cover combat.

DA3 will end with the Reapers coming to cleanse the world of life. As the battle rages on around our doomed hero, he will be forced to a tragic choice in which allies to save, which cities to defend from the oncoming horde. Finally, at the end of the world when none of this actually mattered, he will stumble across a top-secret project to send one person forwards in time, to escape from the Reaper attack and whose subconscious memories will prepare them to save us when the terrible foe strikes again. But the time-travelling craft is not yet complete; it is not large enough for an adult human. As the orchestra soars to an epic, heart-wrenching climax, Morrigan's granddaughter will give birth as her ancestor did, to the child of our noble hero. As their world dies around them, the two will launch that craft and its infinitely precious payload into the unknown... in the hope that a baby can fly, and grow up to be humanity's only choice for survival. A leader. A shepard.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Honestly, I like the voice and the models look really good.
Plus there is a strong "THIS IS SPARTA" vibe early on.

Apart from that I see nothing of substance to comment on.
Not a one.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Admiral jimbob said:
racofer said:

DA3 will end with the Reapers coming to cleanse the world of life. As the battle rages on around our doomed hero, he will be forced to a tragic choice in which allies to save, which cities to defend from the oncoming horde. Finally, at the end of the world when none of this actually mattered, he will stumble across a top-secret project to send one person forwards in time, to escape from the Reaper attack and whose subconscious memories will prepare them to save us when the terrible foe strikes again. But the time-travelling craft is not yet complete; it is not large enough for an adult human. As the orchestra soars to an epic, heart-wrenching climax, Morrigan's granddaughter will give birth as her ancestor did, to the child of our noble hero. As their world dies around them, the two will launch that craft and its infinitely precious payload into the unknown... in the hope that a baby can fly, and grow up to be humanity's only choice for survival. A leader. A shepard.
Crisis On Infinite Franchises!

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Admiral jimbob said:
racofer said:

I was thinking the (ridiculously contrived) ending of Red Son, mainly.

denizsi

Arcane
A retarded spoiled brat shooting arrows at shit the moment he's annoyed is oh so KKKool!

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Jools said:
No comment on the DLC policy. Only a quick question: why did they have to steal clothing design from JRPGs (Lineage II, FF especially)?

Broadest market appeal, aka Lowest Common Denominator.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pika-Cthulhu said:
Jools said:

Broadest market appeal, aka Lowest Common Denominator.

Ok, but Lineage II bodies looked more realistic (and that was 2003) and wore better underwear/lingerie (well at least compared to DA:O).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Admiral jimbob said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Admiral jimbob said:
racofer said:

I was thinking the (ridiculously contrived) ending of Red Son, mainly.
It's more of an epilogue though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom