Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reading the FF13 wiki

Hory

Erudite
Fallout is my preferred CRPG and, indirectly, those that approach its combination of features to the greatest extent possible. Arcanum, Torment and BG2 are simply some of the few games that come close.

Chefe

Erudite
Andyman Messiah said:
Flying Spaghetti Monster said:
I say we get Andyman to play this one after he's finished with FFVII.
Oh man, what a coincidence. I was just thinking about becoming the definitive Final Fantasy LPer.

After FF7, it's time to break out the gunblade.

As much as that would be great, The Spoony Experiment already fucks that game over from all angles - and it's video. I would go to FFIX next, if you don't end up hanging yourself after finishing VII.

don't hang yourself

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Chefe said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Oh man, what a coincidence. I was just thinking about becoming the definitive Final Fantasy LPer.

As much as that would be great, The Spoony Experiment already fucks that game over from all angles - and it's video. I would go to FFIX next, if you don't end up hanging yourself after finishing VII.

don't hang yourself
Can I shoot myself in the mouth instead?

I wasn't serious when I said I'd lp FF8. In fact, I'm not going to lp ANY of the FF's. FF7 has already made me burn out five hundred and eighty-eleven times and FF8 would make me... well, let's just say that I actually do value my life.

Btw, I love Spoony, as one should love an internet funny guy (by writing erotic fanfiction), but those first FF8-videos? Yeah. No, just no. The junction- and magic system is not complicated. Kinda retarded? Absolutely. Complicated? No. Now make me hungry for menthos.

1eyedking

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
No, it doesn't.

CHOCOBO IN HIS AFRO ROFL SQUARE SO RANDOM ^_^ >_^ XD
Why is it every time I rage about stuff like this I *enjoy* imagining some random weeaboo asshole spouting shit like this?

Ah, the mysteries of the retard mind.

Chefe

Erudite
Andyman Messiah said:
Chefe said:
Andyman Messiah said:

don't hang yourself
Can I shoot myself in the mouth instead?

I wasn't serious when I said I'd lp FF8. In fact, I'm not going to lp ANY of the FF's. FF7 has already made me burn out five hundred and eighty-eleven times and FF8 would make me... well, let's just say that I actually do value my life.

Btw, I love Spoony, as one should love an internet funny guy (by writing erotic fanfiction), but those first FF8-videos? Yeah. No, just no. The junction- and magic system is not complicated. Kinda retarded? Absolutely. Complicated? No. Now make me hungry for menthos.

I don't know, I've never played it. The way he presented it, it sounds complicated as in a 'needlessly complicated but more retarded' kind of way. Not hard. The junction system isn't even the worst part though. I wouldn't believe him on the story had he not provided video.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Chefe said:
I don't know, I've never played it. The way he presented it, it sounds complicated as in a 'needlessly complicated but more retarded' kind of way. Not hard. The junction system isn't even the worst part though. I wouldn't believe him on the story had he not provided video.
The story is actually a lot worse than he makes it up to be in the videos but it's still the best 3D-FF storyline. Oh yes it is. FF9 is basically FF8 in FUBAR-mode.

The junction system I have no idea why some people have trouble with. It's basically just an upgraded materia system. In FF7 materia affects your HP/MP digits and in FF8 they decided that magic now affect all stats. It's just more stat increases and I fail to understand why anyone would have trouble understanding something like that. It's like people are "OH GOD! MORE STATS! I CAN'T HANDLE MORE THAN TWO! THIS IS BULLSHIT AND I'M GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!"

Now the draw system? Yeah, it's stupid. I prefer buying shit instead of playing cards and hunting monsters.

Btw, I have no problems whatsoever with the gunblade. Just saying.

DraQ

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
I find the fact that someone from the same universe as I came up with this concept deeply unsettling and offensive.

Especially given that there are multiple non-retarded or, at least, less-retarded ways to combine a gun with a blade.

Waterd103

Novice
Since i'm new to the forums i would like to know wich are those Top 10 codex rpg games.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
DraQ said:
Andyman Messiah said:
I find the fact that someone from the same universe as I came up with this concept deeply unsettling and offensive.

Especially given that there are multiple non-retarded or, at least, less-retarded ways to combine a gun with a blade.
I find the fact that people actually get worked up over something so ridiculous very calming. Obviously it's not a gun, it's a sword with a trigger that, when pulled, makes the blade vibrate and do more damage. At least that's what I always figured.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Waterd103 said:
Since i'm new to the forums i would like to know wich are those Top 10 codex rpg games.

Fallout
Arcanum
Planescape Torment
Fallout
Arcanum
Planescape Torment
Fallout
Arcanum
Planescape Torment
Age of Decadence

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Waterd103 said:
Oblivion, Morrowind, Barbie's First DP Adventure, Mario Cart 64 and the rest are BioWare-games.

Erzherzog

Magister
DraQ said:
Andyman Messiah said:

A bayonet, sir?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Major_Boobage said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Waterd103 said:
Oblivion, Morrowind, Barbie's First DP Adventure, Mario Cart 64 and the rest are BioWare-games.

Why is the codex so butthurt about Morrowind horse? I found it be a good game, a lot better then Oblivion.
Mario Kart 64 is better.

edit: Hey, is Morrowind Horse some new expansion pack or something? Link a pirate up, fellow buccaneer.

DraQ

Arcane
Wolfenstein1942 said:
DraQ said:
Andyman Messiah said:

A bayonet, sir?
For example. And a lot of early firearm/melee weapon combos - if a bayonet just isn't cool enough.

A revolver-sword that fires blanks into it's own blade to make it vibrate and become SUPER EFFECTIVE! is both uncool and severely retarded.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
DraQ said:
Wolfenstein1942 said:
DraQ said:
Andyman Messiah said:

A bayonet, sir?
For example. And a lot of early firearm/melee weapon combos - if a bayonet just isn't cool enough.

A revolver-sword that fires blanks into it's own blade to make it vibrate and become SUPER EFFECTIVE! is both uncool and severely retarded.
Of course it is. That's why it's a video game.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
DraQ said:
Wolfenstein1942 said:
DraQ said:
Andyman Messiah said:

A bayonet, sir?

Clearly what is needed is combining the two most retarded concepts (chainsaw swords and gun swords) into a chainsword where the chain begins spinning with a mechanism powered by firing a blank.

Possibly throw swordchuks in there too somehow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom