Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recomend a star wars based game

dan32

Novice
Ive been playing Rebellion alot recently after work and ive really enjoyed it and i know so little about the games that have been brought out about the star wars world,i think i purposly avoided them but now as i have more free time id like to try a few.

Ive done alittle searching and there seems to be lots of games out there and as i know so little about them i thought id ask here.

I dont mind if there stratergy or RPG but im not really a fan of arcade games but if the inerface is well made ill consider one.

Thanks for any help

Kraszu

Prophet
KOTOR and KOTOR II -crpg they are ok, bioware style games.

FPS Jedi Knight games are good especially Jedi knight 2/jedi outcast.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D is good arcade game where you are a pilot. I am not big fun of arcade games but I liked that one.

spectre

Arcane
Tie Fighter - the old spacesim. Tough to get it to run, tho. Some versions want a joystick, and won't even run without it.

DriacKin

Arbiter
If you don't mind playing a shooter, try out the Jedi Knight series. IMO, they were a lot more enjoyable than the KotOR games.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The whole Dark Forces series.

Republic Commando.

Various space shooters like X-Wing and Tie Fighter.

both Kotors.

Rogue Squadron.

Empire At War + expansion.

Star Wars: racer.

Data4

Arcane
X-Wing Alliance was a pretty decent 3rd part of the X-Wing series. I just wish the Azzameen part could have been more freeform. Sort of like any other space trading game, like the X series or Independence War, but set in the SW universe.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah yeah, Privateer set in the Star Wars Universe would be awesome. Why didn't anyone make it? They can even make Han Solo as the PC with the Millenium Falcon as the ultimate ship. Quick! before Harrison Ford gets too old and loses his voice or croaks.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Kraszu said:
FPS Jedi Knight games are good especially Jedi knight 2/jedi outcast.

WTF? The first Jedi Knight > every other Star Wars shooter.

Fyz

Scholar
Jedi Knight 1 + maybe the expansion.
End of list.

Panthera

Scholar
Mighty Mouse said:
Yeah yeah, Privateer set in the Star Wars Universe would be awesome. Why didn't anyone make it? They can even make Han Solo as the PC with the Millenium Falcon as the ultimate ship. Quick! before Harrison Ford gets too old and loses his voice or croaks.

Isn't there a freelancer mod? Maybe it was a different game that I'm thinking of.

Deleted Member 10432

Panthera said:
Mighty Mouse said:

Isn't there a freelancer mod? Maybe it was a different game that I'm thinking of.
The Freeworlds mod, yeah. Last build I played with sucked, though - lots of floating through empty space, and grinding through monumentally dull trade missions.

Elzair

Cipher
My suggestion

I would suggest Shadows of the Empire. That game is awesome.

JrK

Prophet
It is cool but not as cool as JK or JO. :D In JA saber battles get a little bit annoying with the random hit or miss at the end when you're facing legions of saber wielders. I never managed to find something that works without me reloading every time or just force chocking them off a cliff.

Deleted Member 10432

cardtrick said:
What, no love for Jedi Academy? I had fun with it . . .
Great multiplayer before it became full of wankers, lousy SP story, mixed bag of missions.

deuxhero

Arcane
JrK said:
It is cool but not as cool as JK or JO. :D In JA saber battles get a little bit annoying with the random hit or miss at the end when you're facing legions of saber wielders. I never managed to find something that works without me reloading every time or just force chocking them off a cliff.

Jump on the heads and hit em when they are down or just pulse force choke on them to disable their sabers.

that or get a mod that enables Outcast's realistic combat mode proper, more fun that way.

dan32

Novice
Destroid said:
Star Wars Rebellion > Empire at War.

I had a look through youtube last night and im going to have to agree,there dosnt seem to be another decent stratergy game out there based on star wars,rebellion is just so adictive and with the random planet resources it adds weeks/months to the game somthing alot of the more recent stratergy games lack.

I also had a look at some of the 3rd person action games and they look pretty good but as im a newb at those kinds of games what would every say was the easiest to control and ofc most fun?
I dont want to get one and play it for a few hours and stop out of frustration.

Im also a fan of sandbox type games,i just love the freedom to do what i want when i want although i realise a story in most of these games will have to be followed i dont want to be going from one mission to the next for the entire game.
For example i loved fallout 1-2 but i got bored of fallout tactics fast,going from one mission to the next just put me off the game,i didnt feel emersed in the world like i did in 1-2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom