Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Requesting a screenshot to prove there is even an inbox

Unwanted

Atheist

Unwanted
Shitposter
for receiving contact us requests. Prosper really would like to know they aren't being tossed aside.:;(

Krash

Arcane
I don't care about atheist, but I made a serious request some time ago. How about at least an ETA?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I know the contact us form works because I used it to submit a news story a few years back.

DraQ

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Crispy said:
Please fucking ban Atheist already.

As long as he keeps his shit out of the other forums I don't see a problem with him/her/it.
How about:
kbucra.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
8868.png

Yeah, I gotta get around to those. We used to get about 5 a month but ever since I made GD registered members only, we've been getting about 5 a day.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Admiral jimbob said:
What is going on with the system thinking everyone trying to register is using a proxy? It's definitely not just Prosper.
Two main issues. First, there's all the false negatives that can be generated because there's actually no easy, sure-fire way to check for a proxy. I use a couple of methods and tweak them up or down based on how many people are struggling to get through and how legit I think they are. Second, there are additional checks I do that create a bunch of flags around a given user. If too many of them go off, it traps you. Oh, and it will keep trapping you. That's the beauty of it. Once you're caught, it's very hard for you to get through. :)

Kz3r0

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Yeah, I gotta get around to those. We used to get about 5 a month but ever since I made GD registered members only, we've been getting about 5 a day.
This means that people really come here for GD.
:hmmm:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The strangest thing was this.

Some newly registered poster on General Discussion (Christopher V. Brady) said he registered just for replying to a topic there.

Now, as a non-registered person, he somehow figured a loophole to view General Discussion without having to log in. Meaning that this lurker is so dedicated to reading General Discussion that he somehow found a way to read it without registering.

So there are lurkers who indeed come here for General Discussion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom