Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review my RPG setting - Added Concept Art (11 Jul 2010)

Would you be interested in such a setting?

• Hell, Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuck NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

soggie

Educated
laclongquan said:
The thigh armor may make it hard to crawl and stay low on the ground. In melee combat that kind of armor got merit but in bullet combat, it look suicidal. When bullets flying you need to stay LOW, or in a hole.

Plate armor protect the chest could be done but I suppose it will look like Kevlar.

It's hardened leather actually. The armor is made from fibrecord, which is a kevlar-like fabric that dissipates bullet impacts across the surface of the fabric.

But no, they don't crawl underground. Think of subways and underground tunnels underneath london instead. I originally designed them to ride on small hover bikes that give them insane maneuverability in the cavernous and often maze-like underground tunnels, which is the reason why the Combine army had so much problems flushing them out. Explosives cannot be used because it would then threaten the very existence of the city built on top of it, and the Saberions' maneuverability and homeground advantage make them deadly opponents in the Gloomy Tunnels.

soggie

Educated
Oh boy oh boy. Sorry guys, I am just excited and have to share this shit. Negotiations with the contracted artist is reaching a conclusion and I can probably get an initial set of artwork by end of this month. This is awesome. Now time to crack my brains over per-pixel lighting and soft shadows in a 2D environment!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Be sure to share that artwork :}

soggie

Educated
Thanks. Concept artwork should be done by tomorrow (they're done, just needed revisions) and within 2-3 weeks I should be getting my prototype art assets.

It's not much - just 3-4 ground tiles, 6 foliage sprites, 1 character model with 2 animations, and 2 walls. With them I should be able to create a simple clearing to test my per-pixel lighting and shadows, and at the same time build a map editor around it which will evolve into a full development suite in time.

I hope my "theories" on how to accomplish 2.5D per-pixel lighting and shadows work.

I'll start posting updates in this thread once I begin development.

EDIT:

One concept artwork attached, showing a road that is swallowed by the jungle whole.

jungleroads.jpg

Educated
Hey, anatomically modern humans have most probably slaughtered the neanderthals, so why won't you make a game about that instead of pretentious crap like

soggie said:
What does it mean to be human?
Shakespeare said:
"What's in a name?
That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
Also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_problem

Hence
Boring pretentious crap is boring.

p.s. Here is an idea: Neanderthals and sapiens live near each other and compete for resources (see On The Origin Of Species for details). Neanderthals are big and strong, sapiens are technologically advanced (I'm talking stone-age technology here). A neanderthal man fucked a sapiens woman and the Chosen One was born. He's big, strong and smart, but sterile like a mule. What's he gonna do? Don't forget to throw some romances in and you will get a good game, with saber-toothed beasts and stuff.

soggie

Educated
BethesdaLove said:
Oh God, I hope you arent paying that dude.

No, that's a quick sketch from my concept artist (unpaid).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom