Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 E3 Gamespot preview

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Admiral jimbob said:
It might still be good, but... seriously, fuck it, give us another market crash already.

The first one killed all the good devs...maybe the next one will do things right?

As for Risen 2, I'd just like PB to make it easier to mod, so we don't have to wait for ze Germanz years to make quest packs and balance changes that then take years more to translate.

dr. one

Augur
commie said:
As for Risen 2, I'd just like PB to make it easier to mod, so we don't have to wait for ze Germanz years to make quest packs and balance changes that then take years more to translate.

Unfortunately doesn´t seem like it´ll be the case, at least judging by the preview @ World of Risen:
"Modding support is no topic for either Deep Silver or Piranha Bytes. The problem, as they explain it, is that their tools are primarily developed for internal use only and do not function reliably in every environment."

Morkar Left

The consolestyle inventory and controls were present since Gothic 1 :M

About the ship as playerbase; lame. I don't get why they didn't say it the first time they mentioned a ship and instead pranced around. I can live with it, no problem. But expectations were raised it could be a little more instead :/

About the companions; I think it sucks. It was a good design decision in previous games to have companions for special events/missions/encounters. Now it is expected you have one around all the time and we all know that every companion ai in 3d ever created sucks. I think it will cripple the freedom of movement in the world and the think-out-of-the box situations pb is known for.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You really don't see how this inventory is different from the one in G1/2?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/09/e3-2011-risen-2-is-a-pirate-rpg-with-a-launchable-parrot/

PCgamer provides some quality coverage here!

Nothing new, but some screenshots are included and this quote is interesting:

Daniel is also fairly brutal when talking about the first game. He showed a bunch of footage of the game, deliberately setup to convince me that it sucked: it was ugly, it was buggy, it had terrible faces and awful lighting and wasn’t designed with widescreen resolutions.

Now, I'm yet to play Risen but from what I have read and seen it was quite good. Strange.

The following paragraphs:

At least in these clips, the sequel certainly looks better. It’s so much brighter, for a start. The sun is shining. As I’m typing, the pirate main character just kicked a crab on to his back and he’s now whacking it with his sword while the crab tries to flip back over.

Man, pirates are dicks.

Fratboy game journalism at it's finest.

curry

Arcane
Rivmusique said:
Now, I'm yet to play Risen but from what I have read and seen it was quite good. Strange.

Risen is very good but PB is now emphasizing how 'bad' it is just to make R2 look even better.

The game starts in the town of Caldera, the last standing human city in a world destroyed by monsters. Unable to farm anything around them, the city is entirely dependent on trade via visiting ships.

Whaat!? First PB game without farms (and quests involving picking grain or turnips) everywhere. :smug:

Morkar Left

Jasede said:
You really don't see how this inventory is different from the one in G1/2?

It's different but not more consolitis in it than in G1. The first time I played G1 I thought the game was already made for consoles in mind.

Exmit

Scholar
Seriously is it so fucking hard to make a good/nice inventory screen like in BGs?

bg2soa2.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Too many slots and buttons, too complicated. Also, how am I supposed to read that font on my 70" inch plasma 3D TV? Also, I don't see how you are supposed to use this with a controller.

Inventories should be simple and Awesome. You press 1 button and your best items are equipped, the bad ones sold and everything sorted automatically. In fact, the best games have no inventory. This is a thing of the past, for idiots who cannot into today's fast-paced, modern world.

Exmit

Scholar
Jasede said:
Too many slots and buttons, too complicated. Also, how am I supposed to read that font on my 70" inch plasma 3D TV? Also, I don't see you are supposed to use this with a controller.

Inventories should be simple and Awesome. You press 1 button and your best items are equipped, the bad ones sold and everything sorted automatically. In fact, the best games have no inventory. This is a thing of the past, for idiots who cannot into today's fast-paced, modern world.

:lol:

Shannow

Waster of Time
Jasede said:
Too many slots and buttons, too complicated. Also, how am I supposed to read that font on my 70" inch plasma 3D TV? Also, I don't see how you are supposed to use this with a controller.

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom