Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Setting up DosBox - FUUUUUU-

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's not that I like mac, but I got one for free. I felt like playing Stunts, Eye of the Beholder, that kindda shit, and I knew DosBox was available for mac, so I thought "what the hell, let's do this shit on my laptop."

I can't even get the basic functions to work. I must be a retard or something.

When I attempt to give the command to mount a c-drive, following the instructions of every goddamn tutorial I can find, DosBox doesn't understand me. Basically, what I'm doing is this:

Mount c c:\OldGames

Alternatively, I've tried making the folder in my user-folder, so it goes something like this:

Mount c c:\Grunker\OldGames

It tells me the directories don't excist. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

Elzair

Cipher
I assume you already know that OSX uses Unix-style pathnames?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Elzair said:
I assume you already know that OSX uses Unix-style pathnames?

Nope, as I said, I'm a retard. I don't know much about anything else than windows. But I got it working, so I'm killing kobolds as we speak.

MapMan

Arcane
You're a fag for not throwing the mac out the first thing after receiving it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hmm. I can't get Lands of Lore to run properly. It runs the intro, goes to the character select screen, and when I select my character, it fades to black. Anyone else had this problem?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
spekkio said:
link
My CD-Version works fine AFAIR. :)

Mine isn't a CD-version. However, seems the problem was only there with version 0.73. 0.72 works fine. So now I'm also Kieraning away.

Damn. DosBox rox.

DraQ

Arcane
Grunker said:
Hmm. I can't get Lands of Lore to run properly. It runs the intro, goes to the character select screen, and when I select my character, it fades to black. Anyone else had this problem?
It runs just fine on the earlier version. Install both.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom