Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So Fable 3...

Animeadam

Novice
What does the Codexers think of the highly overated Fable 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8y5nR0kjnA neat hu

Anyways I saw a couple of guys reviews on TGWTG and thought what do the Codexers think? :rpgcodex:

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Cant speak for everyone else...

As someone that have played it.
Its painful.

There is a reason why the UI's are NOT made in 3d... Why is there loading every 2sec...
like 80% of the features is not in the game and the ones that are in the game are just bad.

Then there is DLC... And lots of it.

I could write a book about Fable 3 and the things that are bad. But i will leave it at

"Its overhyped shit".

But hey even Fable might turn out good if they spend 4 years working on it instead of rushing it out.

Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect DU has secretly developed a Codex Bot program in 2009, but something has gone horribly wrong, the experiment went out of control, mauled his butler and escaped into murky depths of Retardo Land, waiting there, absorbing the knowledge... to emerge in 2010 as a multiheaded abomination disguised as innocent newfags, uncertain of its purpose in the grand scheme of things, yet hungering for something to tastefully raep...
Will it spell our doom as we fall whispering in agony "ohgoditsheavan", or eventually merge with the hivemind in an orgy of hate, lulz and 146 'Just finished AoD' threads? Only 2011 will tell...

:mhd:

baronjohn

Cipher
I didn't even know there was a Fable 3. You can always coutn on thte codex to inform you about all the shitty games that aren;t worth knowing.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Erzherzog said:
Fable 3 is too shitty for the Codex to even pay attention to it.

No, actually. If it was too shitty we WOULD pay attention to it. It's just completly unremarkable.

Like any Monyleux game past Dungeon Keeper 2

:smug:

Erzherzog

Magister
IronicNeurotic said:
Erzherzog said:
Fable 3 is too shitty for the Codex to even pay attention to it.

No, actually. If it was too shitty we WOULD pay attention to it. It's just completly unremarkable.

Like any Monyleux game past Dungeon Keeper 2

:smug:

Pssh, it's not like we paid any attention to Arcania outside of using it as a punchline and that one's considered worse than Oblivion. Plus after the first two Fables we knew exactly what we were getting with the third.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Umh... A gold fish could complete Fable 3.
I used 1 potion durning the entire game and it was because i was going to try to use melee (useless).
Just spam magic / ranged and you will complete fable 3 in around 6-8 hours (- the loading ofc and useless 3d menu).

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
CrimsonAngel said:
When even the popamole crowd think it is bad and to easy then think how bad it is to us.

http://angryjoeshow.com/2011/01/top-rea ... #more-8845

I had my own top 1 reason why F3 sucks: released on console first. That does it for me.

This video is quite hilarious tho, I especially liked the bit about the Sanctuary. More and more decline on Molyneux' part (who thought that was possible, after F1/2?).

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Highly overrated? I've heard or seen nothing but mediocre at best reviews. I really enjoyed both Fable I and II but everything I heard about III made me keep my distance.

Fable 1: Items can be mapped for quick use later on. Really useful in the middle of combat when it came to those potions that multiplied a certain type of XP.

Fable 2: Nope. You have to delve through the menus each time.

Fable games are rife with these backsteps. Every improvement is met with something else that's dumbed down.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Genma:TheDestroyer said:
CrimsonAngel said:
When even the popamole crowd think it is bad and to easy then think how bad it is to us.

http://angryjoeshow.com/2011/01/top-rea ... #more-8845

I think this is the first time I've ever watched something from Angry Joe and not shook my head in disgust. He nails pretty much all the points.

After the F3 video I thought I had found a decent guy, but a quick look at the scores he gave a few selected games (Risen, DA:O, ME2, AP) was enough to ascribe him into the "puppet on Bioware's payroll" list.

Stupid inbred dumbfuck.

LittleJoe

Arbiter
Animeadam said:
What does the Codexers think of the highly overated Fable 3

It's overated.

Probably.

I think.

By a Codexer.

Fable 3?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom