Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, how's Bard's Tale?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Game's been out... for.. a few days? I don't know. It's out, anyway. Anyone played it yet? Better than the demo, at least?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Haven't seen the PC version around actually.
In fact, looking at the websites for any of the local suppliers, can't see squat about it. GTA:SA is out though, so that's likely to be my next buy.

I remember the demo of BT being a damn sight better than I thought it would be, but still pretty repetitive. Good weekend hirage material if I had a console.

Edit:
Hang on, even EBGames US are saying its not released for another week.
Hmm...you might be talking about...hmmm...perhaps...the hoodlum version?
Naughty naughty boy.

Fez

Erudite
Vicky pirating again? SHOCK! Malaysia is the biggest den of pirates around.

Norfleet

Hey, that's life. Some days you pirate the game, and other days the game pirates you.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
If I already had the game why the fuck would I be asking for impressions? It went gold last week so I assume it has to be out somewhere.

Yes, the HOODLUM version's out. I'd download it any time I want to, because it's free, but I don't want to download it or even burn it, see - I want to buy it. It's amazing that you cocksuckers automatically fail to grasp such a simple concept because finding opportunity to lash out with lame insults against me is so much more fun than being helpful.

Get a grip, Fez.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Sol Invictus said:
lash out with lame insults against me
Just a bit of tame ribbing, Sol!

If you do buy it, I'm interested to know what the rest of the game is like.
Someone told me today that the demo is not very representative of the rest of the game, but they did not elaborate.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Damn, appears to be the same level as the first demo (Mountain Tomb).
But the setup .exe is a different size. Perhaps just some bug fixes or something...

Thanks anyway, Baley.

Baley

Liturgist
Yup,it's the same level..

It has a bunch fixes that should give a better idea on how the full game will be....

PS:no problem....

operf1

Novice
Well, it's lot of fun.
Character system and combat are very simple, but the story is... well...
Imagine classical "storytelling mode", a-la Baldurs's Gate
"So, the brave Bard went to the village of Kirktown"
What is not classical, that the Bard will argue to Storyteller, comment some passages and so on. All dialogues are making fun of RPG-clishes, e.g. when character breaks into backroom and opens the chest, the Storyteller says: "So the Bard steals from poor widow"
And the Bard : "Well, I wouldn't call it 'stealing'. I just picked up some stuff that people often lose in chests. Besides, no one ever complains about it!"

"So the Bard bravely slew the wolf, and found in his stomach some gold, leather armor and gems. Stop, am I reading this correctly?
Hey, you wouldn't believe what you can find in simple animals! Once I killed a bat and it drops out a two-handed axe!"

"Hmm, the gate is closed. Let me guess: the key is in some mountaintop wizard's tower many miles away?"

LlamaGod

Cipher
It's not funny and the game sucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom