Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, if a person REALLY wanted to play Morrowind...

Drakron

Arcane
Lumpy said:
If you downloaded Better Heads, delete it ASAP! It sucks. Unless you want all characters to look like supermodels, except orcs, who look like tribals.

Yes because looking at low poly models from 1990's is much better ...

(funny enough Better Heads models are actually lower in poly count that Bethsoft head meshes).

LlamaGod

Cipher
no, they are retarded because the dark elf women all become smoothed skin super models with glowing eyes.

And they add like Legolas faces for the Nords.

Drakron

Arcane
So what?

Its a god damn improvement over the original heads, just because some of you are in the closet faggots that are afraid of your lust for Legolas and dont like hot women does not mean other people are like you ... I like hot elf women.

LlamaGod

Cipher
well, they arnt suppost to look that way you idiot

not surprising coming from the moron that had box art sway his decision making

galsiah

Erudite
If people are against "Better Heads", do they know of alternatives. Personally I think it's a bit silly to suggest that the original heads are better than Better Heads. Yes, there's not much real variety, but they do look much better (higher quality I mean) in any case.

Any suggestions of head mods with more character / uglies / oldies / weathered faces...?

Drakron

Arcane
You need to look head replacers, I used Motoki Better Heads that did had at least one "aged" face for each race and gender.

(I now have to agree that TES forums are right about some Codex TES haters)

There simply too much choice of head replacers when I left Morrowind, I remenber Motoki because it was the one I used.

Data4

Arcane
Yeah, that's a huge problem for me, re: better heads. I think it might be because I know of the secret behind it. I have and use Poser, and I -believe- the bodies and heads for BB and BH use Poser models as a base for the new meshes and textures. Some of the new hairs are also Poser models (which pissed me off that the "creators" of these new hairs never once mentioned that they lifted the meshes from Poser, reduced polys, and called them their own, but I digress).

And of course, the supermodel look. Gah! Kinda does little to drive away the idea that dweeby, 30 year old virgins play the game as a female to pretend they have a girlfriend.

Meh... I dunno... Sounds like I might be expecting too much out of mods. Maybe I'll go read a book or something.

-D4

Drakron

Arcane
Well Better Bodies did start with a poser mesh but they eventually it was done from scratch.

None of it is poser anymore, poser meshes are too high poly count to be used in gaming.

Better Heads is a option to go with Better Bodies because it was based on Better Bodies textures so you dont get the head with a tone and the body with another.

Also despite what some said Better Heads do not have glowing eyes (unless they are vampires but I could be wrong) since I remenber Motoki taken then out of the meshes and the head meshes were pretty much all from Rhedd.

And that is somewhat a issue, if you use Better Bodies then Better Heads is a option and quite franky I would use Better Bodies (supermodel or not, beats the segmented Bethsoft meshes and not to say someone that liked to complain about Better Bodies never did completed his "Smoother Body".

I could go on about the issues that Morrowind have ... people that complain about the supermodel look sould REMENBER that it was "one size fit all" since each race was linked to just one body model (and just one vampire head) so it was not possible to create the saggy tits some people in the Codex like so very much short of creating a custom race indentical to the base race and assign it to the "old people" ... bad news is that would royaly fuck up dialogue (since many entries were linked to race) and that would make most people going nuts ... I did NPC and also lost it.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
May I recommend my own "world of faces" mod? It mixes fan made heads (better heads and many others) with the original heads. About 1/5th are replaced. It casues some artistic uneveness, but you do get much more variety.

Data4

Arcane
Drakron said:
Well Better Bodies did start with a poser mesh but they eventually it was done from scratch.

None of it is poser anymore, poser meshes are too high poly count to be used in gaming.

Better Heads is a option to go with Better Bodies because it was based on Better Bodies textures so you dont get the head with a tone and the body with another.

Also despite what some said Better Heads do not have glowing eyes (unless they are vampires but I could be wrong) since I remenber Motoki taken then out of the meshes and the head meshes were pretty much all from Rhedd.

And that is somewhat a issue, if you use Better Bodies then Better Heads is a option and quite franky I would use Better Bodies (supermodel or not, beats the segmented Bethsoft meshes and not to say someone that liked to complain about Better Bodies never did completed his "Smoother Body".

I could go on about the issues that Morrowind have ... people that complain about the supermodel look sould REMENBER that it was "one size fit all" since each race was linked to just one body model (and just one vampire head) so it was not possible to create the saggy tits some people in the Codex like so very much short of creating a custom race indentical to the base race and assign it to the "old people" ... bad news is that would royaly fuck up dialogue (since many entries were linked to race) and that would make most people going nuts ... I did NPC and also lost it.

Just to clarify, my beef wasn't so much with the bodies themselves, but with the faces. Believe me, I understand the horror it would be to try to mix up the body types, so a lack of sagging tits isn't a neg with me. It's just that all the females are basically good looking in the face. The men aren't so bad, as they're not all smooth looking and soft featured like the women. I can deal with it, but I was just curious if someone had taken up the challenge of doing the uglies.

Hell, I might do it myself. MySpace is just chock full of good source material.

-D4

sheek

Arbiter
The only Mod I really like is the one where you free the slaves... the Lampbearers Guild? What I do know is that the modder is called Nevena.

I've never tried Silsgrad or Black Mill but those two are supposed to be good as well.

Finally I thought the Underground Mod sucked.

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
LlamaGod said:
well, they arnt suppost to look that way you idiot

not surprising coming from the moron that had box art sway his decision making
4dboxscr30va.png

I suppose 4DSport Boxing faces turn you on more than hot and naked women ;)

Data4

Arcane
Okay, going on the basis of the game being moddable, but not to the point of perfection, you have to take things for what they are. So, what do you do? Make Morrowind better, but within it's own framework. What I mean is, the game is what it is, and while some things can be changed, modified, added to, etc., there's really no way to remake it in the image of... say... any other better RPG, short of a total conversion. I know of two teams (well, one team, and one guy flying solo) making Ultima TCs. Those should be interesting.

Anyway, I say all this bullshit because I found a mod in progress that floored me. This one is pure graphical whoreness, but it looks like a good setting for new quests, and I'm very impressed with the skill of the modder. It's Korana's Pelanor, and her WIP link is here:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=232524

Go to the last page and work your way backwards to see screen shots. She's also got a castle mod in Solstheim that looks impressive.

-D4

Antiphon

Scholar
Data4 said:
I like variety, but I'm not really hung...
-D4

In that case I'd recommend Better Bodies with the nude patch and Morrowind Comes Alive with the Recruitable NPCs esp. ;)

(Just a new guy trying to show a little RPG Codex humor :) )

Data4

Arcane
Antiphon said:
Data4 said:
I like variety, but I'm not really hung...
-D4

In that case I'd recommend Better Bodies with the nude patch and Morrowind Comes Alive with the Recruitable NPCs esp. ;)

(Just a new guy trying to show a little RPG Codex humor :) )

I'll give you an A for effort, but a C- minus for execution.

Welcome to the codex. Have a Fishy Stick

-D4

Abernathy

Scholar
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Ashes of Apocalypse.

Post-Apocalyptic TC of Morrowind, probably at about the same stage of development as Mount & Blade, but buggier. The concept looks good, sound and graphics are right up there, but there's no gameplay to speak of yet - plus the aforementioned bugs.

Still, if it's MW mods you're looking for, it could well be worth keeping an eye on...

Sabregirl

Scholar
Data4 said:
Anyway, I say all this bullshit because I found a mod in progress that floored me. This one is pure graphical whoreness, but it looks like a good setting for new quests, and I'm very impressed with the skill of the modder. It's Korana's Pelanor, and her WIP link is here:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=232524

Go to the last page and work your way backwards to see screen shots. She's also got a castle mod in Solstheim that looks impressive.

-D4

Yes Korana's mods are always stunningly beautiful. I haven't really tried any of them due to the too little time too many mods problem.

If you want quest mod function over form I think Lothavor's Legacy would be an excellent choice.

Good to see people recommending the ecology mod - I don't play without it either. I'm very picky on my creature mods as I like to make Morrowind feel less "gamey" and more "alien world". Adding in random, really strange looking creatures that run and you and attack just doesn't seem like the way to go. Instead I keep the real nasties to places you should find them like around daedric ruins so they're actually "special". I would like to warn anyone using the mod that there's still a doubling issue with it I haven't been able to fix. But if you use Wrye Mash (why aren't you already?) you can keep the doubling to a dull roar.

-S

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom