Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, Metro 2033...

Suchy

Arcane
Any good?
Worth buying or not worth removing from an inventory?
Or maybe I shuoldn't bother at all?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Don't bother. It's beyond awful. Unless you enjoy loadscreens every 100 meters with every level being 50% cutscenes and 50% console minigame. A multiplatform shooter in its worst form.

LazyD

Liturgist
Its p. fucking awful. I rather replay daikatana than this shit tbh.

Tails

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
Don't bother. It's beyond awful. Unless you enjoy loadscreens every 100 meters with every level being 50% cutscenes and 50% console minigame. A multiplatform shooter in its worst form.
Worse then Stalker?:>

Joghurt

Augur
Tails said:
MetalCraze said:

Stalker didn't have loadscreens every 100 meters, didn't have cutscenes and didn't have minigames...

Tails

Arbiter
Joghurt said:
Stalker didn't have loadscreens every 100 meters, didn't have cutscenes and didn't have minigames...
How extacly are done those mini-games and what are about? I couldn't find any video showing them.

LazyD

Liturgist
I honestly don't remember.

They weren't exactly memorable.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Tails said:
MetalCraze said:

Yes. Stalker feels like a p. good game after Metro 2033.
Metro2033 is just a scripted cutscene after scripted cutscene after scripted cutscene (sometimes up to 5 minutes long) with you shooting enemies in very small locations in between, usually from a stationary position or a position with limited movement turning it into a very consolish shooting range and reeks of minigames (due to enemies running into specially scripted positions and all you do is just turn your gun to them - shoot - the next enemy runs into a pre-scripted position - you turn to him and shoot - and so on). Levels are very very small. Remember those multiplatforms from the time when XBox1 started to critically lack RAM resources (~2003-2004)? That small.

Disconnected

Scholar
Suchy said:
Any good?
Worth buying or not worth removing from an inventory?
Or maybe I shuoldn't bother at all?

It's very short (10'is hours).
It has no replay value.
It's very unforgiving about sloppy aiming
Its levels are all tiny.
Its levels are mostly really well designed. Unfortunately, the exceptions are unbelievably crap.
Its art direction is very good.
It recycles to the degree there's really only 3 kinds of enemies in the game.
Its collision detection is the worst I've seen in a decade.

Basically, it's a mixed bag. The levels feel more like set-piece fights than levels, and it works very well in combination with the Thief-like stealth mechanics, the "hit a weak spot or enemies just won't fucking die" shooter mechanics and the save point system. If you like that sort of thing and have a reasonably fast gaming machine, you should get it. When it hits the bargain bin, that is.

If the above isn't your cup of tea, you should steer well clear, because in all other respects Metro is inferior to pretty much any AAA shooter.

Suchy

Arcane
crap i checked on the thread too late... already not removed from an inventory.
oh well, i may as well give it half an hour.

Suchy

Arcane
Very good graphics and nice atmosphere. Still a popamole shit indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom