Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sony hunting down IP's now

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/03/geohot-site-unmasking/

A federal magistrate is granting Sony the right to acquire the internet IP addresses of anybody who has visited PlayStation 3 hacker George Hotz’s website from January of 2009 to the present.

The approved subpoena requires the company to turn over “documents reproducing all server logs, IP address logs, account information, account access records and application or registration forms” tied to Hotz’s hosting. The Bluehost subpoena also demands “any other identifying information corresponding to persons or computers who have accessed or downloaded files hosted using your service and associated” with the www.geohot.com website, including but not limited to the “geohot.com/jailbreak.zip file.”

Ahh Sony, why wont you just die already.

Pika-Cthulhu said:
A federal magistrate is granting Sony the right to acquire the internet IP addresses of anybody who has visited PlayStation 3 hacker George Hotz’s website from January of 2009 to the present.
Thanks, I needed a good laugh. :lol:
1) 2 years worth of backlogs of every connection made to the site.
2) Dynamic IPs. Have they heard of them?
3) Even if they ever, somehow (nothing short of a miracle), track down a single person a) in the area with applicable laws and law enforcement willing to cooperate, b) who has visited and downloaded said file - then what? (b) alone is no grounds for a court order to seize private property (PS3) to check if it was jailbreaked. Are they planning to NNNNGHH! him into a guilt trip? :lol:
Admittedly, I have no idea what legal grounds Sony has for denying further on-line service just on the basis of suspicion (that's what it legally is, at best, which is squat), so maybe, there is some clause about that in the user's Anal Slave contract, they'd have to check themselves.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. They're just gathering circumstancial evidence on Hotz himself.

Angthoron

Arcane
Don't fuck with Sony or their Skynet will gain self-awareness by the year 2014.

MetalCraze

Arcane
They won't be hunting down anyone

They'll just compare IPs from the web-site with the ones found in their PSN database tied to specific consoles and ban users.

Simple.

Of course retards who buy consoles more than deserve this for supporting the decline.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Haba said:
This is beyond absurd. I mean, what the fuck. Visiting websites is illegal in US of A now?

Didn't you get the memo? The US is becoming a fascist state.

genci88

Educated
Meh. It's just braindead console gamers they're after. Send them to jail. I don't give a shit. All this will do is make the world a little smarter.

Zeus

Cipher
Sony's videogame department would be so much more successful if their executives simply stopped doing anything. Every time one of them opens their mouth or makes a decision, it's terrible. There's the time they told people to take a second job to afford the PS3, the time an Australian exec admitted that Wii was more fun, or the time Phil Harrison said that PS4 would be a disc-less, streaming console (so hurry up and invest in your Blu-ray collection!)

And then there's this:

penny-arcade-lollipop.jpg

genci88

Educated
MetalCraze said:
Nintendo DS has more good games these days than PC
It does. But only if you only have just a handful of braincells and can't process games that are more complex than DS ones.

Fucking retard.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOLOOL I DONT KNOW WHICH FAGGOTS I HATEE MORE FAGGY GFAGS WHO OWN CONSOLES OR FAGGOTS WHO FSDOWNLOAD EVERY CONSOLE RELEASE ON THTRERE PC AND PLAY IT A HUNDREED TIMES

LOOLOLLOL DUMB ASSES HERE IS ANHINT IF YOU SUCK A COCK YOU ARE GAY LOLOLOLLOLOL YOU FAGS DROOL OVER CONSOLE SHIT YOU ARE FAGS SORRY ABOUTB RHATR

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
MetalCraze said:
They won't be hunting down anyone

They'll just compare IPs from the web-site with the ones found in their PSN database tied to specific consoles and ban users.

Simple.

Of course retards who buy consoles more than deserve this for supporting the decline.

BRO YOU CANT UNSUCK A DICK

YOU ARE AND HAVE BEEN A SERIOUS DECLINE SUPPORTER YOU WERE JUST TOO MUCH OF A NEWFAG TO NO IT

MetalCraze

Arcane
genci88 said:
It does. But only if you only have just a handful of braincells and can't process games that are more complex than DS ones.

Fucking retard.

And which games are more complex than DS ones?

Retarded New Vegas which doesn't even require braincells? Or some Just Cause 2 which doesn't require braincells either? Or DoW2 which doesn't require braincells?

See DS has stuff like JA, even if it's a remake - but to say that it require minimum braincells?
What a newfag

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
genci88 said:
MetalCraze said:
Nintendo DS has more good games these days than PC

Fucking retard.

I think you're the one lacking braincells.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Lol @ genci88.
So Dark Spire, Etrian Odysseys, Wizardries, Strange Journey are all simplistic, right?

genci88

Educated
Do any of those games require or come with a 200-page manual? No? Then they're not complex enough apparently.

But I wasn't saying there aren't any good games on DS. Only that it doesn't have MORE good games than the PC. Learn2read.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if someone comes up with a great idea how to use 3D graphic in Nintendo 3DS in RPGs (well, apart from 3D monsters and tits).

And yes, NDS has many good cRPG (or rather cRPG-like) games, especially Dungeon Crawlers and Roguelikes. These are sad times when a little console of a hand's size with so little power capacity has more interesting games than superior computer machines with so powerful hardware... and these 'tiny' games are made by yellow-skinned aliens that are closer to us, than our bros from the western world, who make DA2, ME, Two Worlds, ArcaniA and other shit. I know many NDS games are shit as well, but unlike computers they have also many interesting ones... while we don't have that many on computers.

shit.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
genci88 said:
But I wasn't saying there aren't any good games on DS. Only that it doesn't have MORE good games than the PC. Learn2read.

And Skyway's "these days" comment clearly meant that, among recent releases over the last couple of years, the DS has had it better. And he's right. Learn2read.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
genci88 said:
Do any of those games require or come with a 200-page manual?

It's actually much harder to figure out how to play Dark Spire properly and beat it than if it all was documented in a 200-page manual. Just saying.

genci88 said:
I wasn't saying there aren't any good games on DS. Only that it doesn't have MORE good games than the PC.

Well, you seem to have misinterpreted Skyway's original quote, then:

Metalcraze said:
Nintendo DS has more good games these days than PC.

These days PC doesn't have anything comparable to Dark Spire or Etrian Odyssey 3.

EDIT: I see Admiral has already beat me to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom