Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spoiler Button

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Would it be be possible to implement a spoiler button?

It would hide all the tagged content until the button is clicked on.

I suppose this would save a lot of trouble highlighting black texts, and makes the LP Updates less cluttered since the posts would just show a Spoiler Button per update without the hassle of image loading, stretching the screen all the way down.

Sample: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=20795.70

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Why are you guys so mean~~~ Mouuuuu

aka1111.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
RK47 said:
Would it be be possible to implement a spoiler button?

It would hide all the tagged content until the button is clicked on.

I suppose this would save a lot of trouble highlighting black texts, and makes the LP Updates less cluttered since the posts would just show a Spoiler Button per update without the hassle of image loading, stretching the screen all the way down.

Sample: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=20795.70

Funny emoticons aside, I think this is a really good idea, especially for LPs.

meh

Educated
And/or display spoilers when hovering over with mouse. Selecting text is so 2010.

A year ago, in a PM far, far away:
DarkUnderlord said:
Multiple Sarcasm said:
Stumbled upon a JScript (jQuery) mod (in attachment of the linked post), thought it might come in handy for the Playground, since it's advertised to only load images after opening the spoiler and scale them to fit the page. Supports spoiler headers, bbcoded text, multilevel spoilers, etc..
If you already know about it, then forget I said anything, if not - there it is, in case you ever decide to use it.
Cheers
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.
Don't have any real plans to put it in at this stage though.
...But there's only one stage to the Codex, isn't there? :M

RatFink

Educated
haha alright nevermind my posts....sry. did not properly read the OP...

DraQ

Arcane
Excidium said:
It would be very welcome, specially on the playground.
What's the point of reading LPs if you don't want spoilers?

Also, current spoilers are superior to some popamole buttons, as you can highlight them partially before deciding if you want to read the whole spoiler.

Damn popamole fags "inventing" shittier, retardier, derpier versions of features working perfectly well as they are and not needing to be broken and bastardized with awesome buttons.
:rpgcodex:

Coyote

Arcane
DraQ said:
What's the point of reading LPs if you don't want spoilers? Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm.

I think the idea is that people could post an entire update under spoiler tags, making it easier to navigate the thread and giving LPers more leeway to post multiple image-heavy updates on a single page without bump-whoring.

Either way is fine. If I had to choose, I have a slight preference for the way RK47 is suggesting (it allows you to hide images under spoilers, which can be useful even outside LPs, and the current method can be roughly replicated by changing your font color to match the background), but it may not be worth the time to implement it.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Maybe DU can take some of that sweet, sweet cash made from the summer fundraiser and use it to upgrade the forum a bit.

Of course there is probably none left after the whores, drugs, and booze were all paid for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom