Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Trek games

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone here play Star Trek total conversion mods for other games, like Sins of a Solar Empire or Stellaris? I only remember playing Sacrifice of the Angels back in the day, but I'm now looking to check out more of these.
Stellaris ones have a lot of content but terrible balancing.

I think that 4X and strategy in general is a poor medium for Star Trek. Star Trek is about exploration and adventure, not sending doom stacks of ships at other doom stacks of ships.

New Civilizations I tried recently. Enjoyable events, passable graphics, but a terrible, game-ruining tech tree. Even with the tech focus system the author made, it's unbearable to suffer through dozens of generic +1 techs just to get the tech you want via RNG. This is partly a flaw with Stellaris, but I think there was a better way than this, and the author should have just stayed away from infinite +1 techs altogether.

Last edited:

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
It is probably better they don't make proper Star Trek games anymore.
Do you want the dumb JJ Abrams Trek 'Verse games fortified with Lens Flare, or OG Kirk/Picard/Sisko/Archer Star Trek games?
Well I definitely would not want Abrams or Kurtzman era based games or any of their nonsense retro actively put in games based on the first four series (not really an Enterprise fan), but after what Star Trek Picard and the TNG actors did to TNG I don't really need TNG games either.
I would loved to have seen an Elite Force 3, perhaps this time using the Deep Space Nine setting with Nana Visitor, Alexander Siddig, and if he had been alive, Aron Eisenberg returning to reprise their characters. Maybe this time the Elite Force team would be both operating and be in charge of the Defiant, Munro being its acting captain as well as away team leader with Nog and Bashir along for the ride as the campaign takes the characters to places and species shown on Deep Space Nine such as the Cardassians, the Breen, maybe the Borg in some capacity, but also some new species such as the new main foe make their appearance. Also would loved to have seen the Grigari from Deep Space Nine the Fallen but they are probably not remembered by anyone else any more. Sadly this one won't be happening and I can not make it happen either.

A sequel to Bridge Commander would have been nice. I know there is a fan project to make a sort of Bridge Commander sequel but I have not heard news about it in ages. I would actuall like to see an Away Team 2 as despite its flaws I did like Away Team 1. A Star Trek Starfleet Command 4, fixing some of the shortcomings of SC3. Perhaps a more open world Star Trek game set during the original series or after Voyager/Nemesis that is somewhat inspired by Starflight, player exploring space, discovering strange new worlds and meeting new civilizations.
Oh and a port of Star Trek Invasion for the PC.

One wish after seeing all the progress that is made on Doom mods is to see something inspired by Star Trek Generations, a first person action-adventure-puzzle game combined with a ship sim.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It is probably better they don't make proper Star Trek games anymore.
Do you want the dumb JJ Abrams Trek 'Verse games fortified with Lens Flare, or OG Kirk/Picard/Sisko/Archer Star Trek games?
Well I definitely would not want Abrams or Kurtzman era based games or any of their nonsense retro actively put in games based on the first four series (not really an Enterprise fan), but after what Star Trek Picard and the TNG actors did to TNG I don't really need TNG games either.
I would loved to have seen an Elite Force 3, perhaps this time using the Deep Space Nine setting with Nana Visitor, Alexander Siddig, and if he had been alive, Aron Eisenberg returning to reprise their characters. Maybe this time the Elite Force team would be both operating and be in charge of the Defiant, Munro being its acting captain as well as away team leader with Nog and Bashir along for the ride as the campaign takes the characters to places and species shown on Deep Space Nine such as the Cardassians, the Breen, maybe the Borg in some capacity, but also some new species such as the new main foe make their appearance. Also would loved to have seen the Grigari from Deep Space Nine the Fallen but they are probably not remembered by anyone else any more. Sadly this one won't be happening and I can not make it happen either.

A sequel to Bridge Commander would have been nice. I know there is a fan project to make a sort of Bridge Commander sequel but I have not heard news about it in ages. I would actuall like to see an Away Team 2 as despite its flaws I did like Away Team 1. A Star Trek Starfleet Command 4, fixing some of the shortcomings of SC3. Perhaps a more open world Star Trek game set during the original series or after Voyager/Nemesis that is somewhat inspired by Starflight, player exploring space, discovering strange new worlds and meeting new civilizations.
Oh and a port of Star Trek Invasion for the PC.

One wish after seeing all the progress that is made on Doom mods is to see something inspired by Star Trek Generations, a first person action-adventure-puzzle game combined with a ship sim.
It wouldn't work. Elite Force 1 is mid to late Voyager. Elite Force 2 begins during the "Endgame" Voyager episode, then Voyager returns successfully to the Alpha Quadrant. After that, two years pass (so this is post Nemesis, one year after it). Worf is on leave, Troi and Riker have been transferred to the Titan ship (Riker being its Captain), Geordi probably became a teacher at Starfleet Academy, Beverly Crusher became the Head of Starfleet Medical.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
It wouldn't work. Elite Force 1 is mid to late Voyager. Elite Force 2 begins during the "Endgame" Voyager episode, then Voyager returns successfully to the Alpha Quadrant. After that, two years pass (so this is post Nemesis, one year after it). Worf is on leave, Troi and Riker have been transferred to the Titan ship (Riker being its Captain), Geordi probably became a teacher at Starfleet Academy, Beverly Crusher became the Head of Starfleet Medical.
My Elite Force 3 idea would take place after "Nemesis" and EF2, showing us a post Dominion War era Deep Space Nine, Cardassia, etc. It would not be set during the series, hence why only Nana Visitor, Alexander Siddig, and if he had still been alive, Aron Eisenberg would return, assuming that they stayed on the station. No need for Dax really as with the Hazard Team and these three returning actors and other actors there doing various side characters there would have been a big enough voice cast, there is not really any useful role for her.
Sadly an idea like this, outside of fans making it but that means no voice from the actors, would never be made anymore these days.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
My Elite Force 3 idea would take place after "Nemesis" and EF2, showing us a post Dominion War era Deep Space Nine, Cardassia, etc. It would not be set during the series, hence why only Nana Visitor, Alexander Siddig, and if he had still been alive, Aron Eisenberg would return, assuming that they stayed on the station. No need for Dax really as with the Hazard Team and these three returning actors and other actors there doing various side characters there would have been a big enough voice cast, there is not really any useful role for her.
Sadly an idea like this, outside of fans making it but that means no voice from the actors, would never be made anymore these days.
Yes.
Sadly, Star Trek has become a joke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom