Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield poll

What do you think?

• Total voters

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I don't loot everything, but any weapon worth over 4K credits I generally grab, then lament if the vendor doesn't have a high enough reserve of credits to compensate me for all that junk.
that's why you exchange your weapons for ammo/med packs and end up swimming in them

Mortmal

Arcane
Commiefornia in space. If the best bugthesda game(morrowind) is 9.5/10 and fl76, their worst is 0.0005/10, starfield is 0.5/10. Close to fl76 but still not as awful.

A good way to cure insomnia. I put a stream playing ir and everything in the game is so boring that I fall sleep. There are nothing good about ir.
I disagree, even though Fallout 76 was better. There were no NPCs, and it was just some average exploration shooter in a Fallout theme. Meanwhile, Starfield forces everything and companions onto you. I couldn't appreciate the goody two-shoes companions to the point where I did none of their quests. From the beginning, it was a letdown. I wish they had kept the traditional prison escape from previous Bethesda games; it's better than being a miner under a woman boss. Then it forces you to have some judgmental Karen as the main companion, and every dialogue choice is either as if she's your best friend ever or you have to apologize. We could have had cool pirate companions instead, but none are developed. All of it is anti-consumer, anti white men clearly, and does not cater to my taste at all. I wished for a Firefly-like PC game, but I got this instead. What are they doing right? It looks dated, their system poorly implemented and unfinished. Many indie games are doing better on several aspects on a shoestring budget.

Mortmal

Arcane
it's better than being a miner under a woman boss.
but later she joins your crew and you'll be HER boss.
For sure, but I'd never ask to hire her, nonetheless, in many areas, there are so many women in positions of power that it starts to look ridiculous, like that shitty corporation I forgot the name of. It's a perfect example of Netflix-like "woke" content, with minorities placed on pedestals and women always portrayed as clever, while white men are given the roles of villains, buffoons, and cowards.
If I had that budget and was directing Starfield instead, you would have a much more mature, believable , and less tame setting with cute and fun waifus as companions to boot, like the way Asian RPGs are doing it. While I look at BG3 and think it would be hard to write a better campaign and game myself, when I look at Starfield, I think an average guy could create something better and more enjoyable.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Here is a overview of SF :

• SETTING : Commiefornia in space. Everywhere in the universe is commiefornia. There is no interesting land or low orbit vehicles, no droids, prostetics, robots, mutations, intelligent aliens or anything like it.
  • COMBAT : Bullet sponge enemies with braindead AI and guns that looks like toys. Melee combat is even worse
  • EXPLORATION : No planet fells dangerous, even if the planet is extremely close to a blue giant star. Planets are empty and the same "commiefornia" stuff everywhere in the space[1]
  • STORY : Simple, go find the generic artifact and then the next generic artifact and unlock "shoults" from skyrim
  • RP : Nothing that you do has any consequences. Virtually every single named npc is essential and immortal. Character building is worse than fl4. Far Cry 3 has more RPG elements on it than this game nad FC3 doesn't call himself a rpg.
  • GRAPHICS : Extremely heavy and bad optimized. Looks like Bugthesda tried everything that they could to make npcs as ugly as possible.
1 : Compare to Morrowind, where in Balmora is very imperialized but in the places where Telvanni rules, things are much different.

Conclusion : I would't pay for this game, in fact, I would need to be paid to play this game. Is pure shit.

In every aspect, Elex 2 is much better than this game.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
For sure, but I'd never ask to hire her, nonetheless, in many areas, there are so many women in positions of power that it starts to look ridiculous, like that shitty corporation I forgot the name of. It's a perfect example of Netflix-like "woke" content, with minorities placed on pedestals and women always portrayed as clever, while white men are given the roles of villains, buffoons, and cowards.
If I had that budget and was directing Starfield instead, you would have a much more mature, believable , and less tame setting with cute and fun waifus as companions to boot, like the way Asian RPGs are doing it. While I look at BG3 and think it would be hard to write a better campaign and game myself, when I look at Starfield, I think an average guy could create something better and more enjoyable.
I liked that quest in Akila where the two guys were growing their IntelliWheat business and the bitch was all seething because they weren't making enough money then asks you to ruin the guys brewing batch, haven't finished that quest but it would be hilarious if by fiddling with the batch the beer becomes even better and stick it to that bitch.

Mortmal

Arcane
I liked that quest in Akila where the two guys were growing their IntelliWheat business and the bitch was all seething because they weren't making enough money then asks you to ruin the guys brewing batch, haven't finished that quest but it would be hilarious if by fiddling with the batch the beer becomes even better and stick it to that bitch.
I wish to, but I never expect the kind of reactivity. It's as if this game is from 10 years ago, abandoned, and they salvaged something out of it. I am sure I must be close to the truth. The only thing that was fully implemented is their ideology.

im currently playing fallout 4 (never played it before and I already clocked 52 hours in the game) and im having more fun and im still not bored compared to starfield
I wouldn’t have thought it possible, but yeah, Fallout 4 is a better game. Having a large handcrafted world to explore is more engaging than the bite-sized procedurally generated chunks we got in Starfield. It all feels soulless.

Starfield is also missing a hook. It doesn’t have the gore or fun perks found in Fallout. It doesn’t have a wonderful soundtrack that immerses you in the world like Skyrim. The only thing that sets it apart is the space sim stuff, but it’s so half-baked it’s not even worth engaging with IMO.

MerchantKing

Learned
I haven't even played this game. Not going to. But seeing the pictures of australian abbos being the predominant race in the game is enough to know it's shit.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I wish to, but I never expect the kind of reactivity. It's as if this game is from 10 years ago, abandoned, and they salvaged something out of it. I am sure I must be close to the truth. The only thing that was fully implemented is their ideology.
In that Akila City beer-sabotage quest, since I disliked the quest giver, I selected the option to increase the alcohol content of that beer batch. Later, I overheard bar patrons praising that company's new high-alcohol product, and the quest promptly failed. :M

Harthwain

Magister
Apparently shitting on Bethesda is now seen as controversial by some members?

Even while the poll says unanimously that their newest gem is also shit.
Don't be retarded. Shitting on Bethesda was (and still is) popular since Oblivion.

You can think that Oblivion, Skyrim and Starfield are shit, while at the same thinking that Daggerfall and Morrowind are great RPGs, so you're way off base with "there has never been a good Bethesda game" claim. Especially in context of the Codex, which had Morrowind in 10 top cRPGs.

Vic

Savant
In that Akila City beer-sabotage quest, since I disliked the quest giver, I selected the option to increase the alcohol content of that beer batch. Later, I overheard bar patrons praising that company's new high-alcohol product, and the quest promptly failed. :M
were you able to go back to them and get some unique dialogue?

jackofshadows

Magister
It could've been tolerable but they ruined that with systems being not fleshed out enouth, too many bugs/tech problems and most of all, wokeness through and through.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Worse than I expected. I thought it would be at least on the level of Fallout 4. But Starfield doesn't even reach this level. Incredibly dragging, with terrible interface and controls, lacking an interesting story, and, in fact, not even a real open-world game.

SlappyGoose

Barely Literate
Almost every aspect of the game is mediocre and half baked. If this game came out 5 years ago, I could see myself enjoying it, kinda like how someone enjoys McDonalds, but feels terrible afterwards. In 2023, I don't have interest in games that have the depth of a puddle.

1) Cyberpunk 2077's combat is simply better and more engaging.
2) Valheim or Subnautica's base building gameplay loop is better than the hacked together system this game has.
3) Exploration in this game is as bad as some F2P mobile games. I am sick of companies using automated tools to generate generic garbage.
4) The space combat is worse than Galaxy on Fire 2, an F2P mobile game released in 2010. (That game is good tho)
5) The visuals and artstyle (not graphics) are as bland as stale bread. Games need to hire artists, everything feels copied and pasted. Some of the assets are just recycled and recolored Fallout 4 assets. The cities are nonsensical. A neon city. A wild west city. A rich person city. The designers are creatively bankrupt, have some thematic consistency! The designers literally just threw shit at a wall with no rhyme or reason.
6) The non-essential NPC's are hideous abominations. It's as if they took every black man, gave them an Asian wife, and cross-bred their children for over 300 years to maximize the number of birth defects. Maybe they were trying to depict a society where race is a concept of the past, but it doesn't work when everyone looks like an incest baby. So many of the generic NPCs have bulging eyes that clip the Asian facial preset, and are black with random hairstyles, with non-matching lips and noses.
7) None of the named NPC's can be killed, and I question if they are truly essential. Can this game even be classified as an RPG at this point?
8) The graphics are a generation behind modern AAA games and look like a blurred mess on low settings. My 3070 can't hit 60 FPS on "high" settings. Optimize your god damn game.
9) The story sucks. But everyone knows that.

You know, I can't believe I am saying this, but I had more fun with The Outer Worlds. The visuals, story and atmosphere had issues, and the gun-play is objectively worse, but they tried to make something compelling, and it shows. Bethesda has been coasting by for a decade, and doing the bare minimum isn't enough anymore.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Almost every aspect of the game is mediocre and half baked. If this game came out 5 years ago, I could see myself enjoying it, kinda like how someone enjoys McDonalds, but feels terrible afterwards. In 2023, I don't have interest in games that have the depth of a puddle.

1) Cyberpunk 2077's combat is simply better and more engaging.
2) Valheim or Subnautica's base building gameplay loop is better than the hacked together system this game has.
3) Exploration in this game is as bad as some F2P mobile games. I am sick of companies using automated tools to generate generic garbage.
4) The space combat is worse than Galaxy on Fire 2, an F2P mobile game released in 2010. (That game is good tho)
5) The visuals and artstyle (not graphics) are as bland as stale bread. Games need to hire artists, everything feels copied and pasted. Some of the assets are just recycled and recolored Fallout 4 assets. The cities are nonsensical. A neon city. A wild west city. A rich person city. The designers are creatively bankrupt, have some thematic consistency! The designers literally just threw shit at a wall with no rhyme or reason.
6) The non-essential NPC's are hideous abominations. It's as if they took every black man, gave them an Asian wife, and cross-bred their children for over 300 years to maximize the number of birth defects. Maybe they were trying to depict a society where race is a concept of the past, but it doesn't work when everyone looks like an incest baby. So many of the generic NPCs have bulging eyes that clip the Asian facial preset, and are black with random hairstyles, with non-matching lips and noses.
7) None of the named NPC's can be killed, and I question if they are truly essential. Can this game even be classified as an RPG at this point?
8) The graphics are a generation behind modern AAA games and look like a blurred mess on low settings. My 3070 can't hit 60 FPS on "high" settings. Optimize your god damn game.
9) The story sucks. But everyone knows that.

You know, I can't believe I am saying this, but I had more fun with The Outer Worlds. The visuals, story and atmosphere had issues, and the gun-play is objectively worse, but they tried to make something compelling, and it shows. Bethesda has been coasting by for a decade, and doing the bare minimum isn't enough anymore.
It'a pure Bethesda dogshit, fortified with niggers and trannies bringing enrichment and diversity to the galaxy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom