Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stop logging me out and stop sending me ads

I paid for a fucking tag, why don't you uphold your end of the bargain and keep me ad-free? And why do you log me out all the time?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
It had been actually logging me in in the last weekend. It's probably something to do with multiple browsers.

Ed123 said:
You only get the tag for 1 year per 15 freedom monies. I'm paid up for the next five years IIRC :smug:

That's what's so outrageous. I paid those fuckers 30 freedom monies!!! Here is the conversation:

herostratus said:
If I donate 10 more jewbucks, for a total of 30 jewbucks, will I have my patron status twice as long?

DarkUnderlord said:
herostratus said:
If I donate 10 more jewbucks, for a total of 30 jewbucks, will I have my patron status twice as long?
Yep.

And donate he did! And then, what happens a year after? Oh that's right, they start sending me shitty ads again. Start the truths FFS!!!

Kz3r0

Arcane
herostratus said:
And donate he did! And then, what happens a year after? Oh that's right, they start sending me shitty ads again.
Why you hate Capitalism?
Stop censoring ads you freedom hater commie.
:x

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
PMs and e-mail is probably a better way to sort this sort of stuff out you know.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
herostratus said:
And donate he did! And then, what happens a year after? Oh that's right, they start sending me shitty ads again. Start the truths FFS!!!
DU also tried to take away mah animuh tag, but i didn't let him. there is definitely a conspiracy afoot. :M

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Haba said:
Even the so called "ad free" browsing is littered with ads (yeah, purchase links are still ads).
Littered? Heh, ok. We asked and most people said that they appreciate the affiliated links reminders.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Taluntain said:
Haba said:
Even the so called "ad free" browsing is littered with ads (yeah, purchase links are still ads).
Littered? Heh, ok. We asked and most people said that they appreciate the affiliated links reminders.

Maybe at some point of history they might've been useful, right now they are just useless clutter, especially when browsing with mobile devices. How much revenue do those links produce in the end?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Very little, as they are... there's a plan to prune and make them stand out more in the future. We could disable them for the patrons at that point or maybe make it optional.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom