Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stranded in a barren wasteland: What rpg do you take?

Qwinn

Scholar
I'd choose Planescape.

Then, after the tenth replay, because I was bored, I'd fix all the bugs in it and restore all the cut content.

Then I'd get miraculously rescued by Greenpeace anti-whaling protesters. But their insipid pseudo-pagan proselytizing would force me to kill all of them with my laptop, breaking the hard drive, and then I'd have to redo everything from scratch once I got home.

Of course, killing the hippies would require me to keep quiet about the whole island thing, and I'd just pretend the whole thing never occurred to me until late April 2008.

Hypothetically, of course.

Qwinn

BehindTimes

Novice
Wizardry IV. Both trying to escape and trying to beat Wizardry IV being pointless endeavors that lead into nothing but endless futility and frustration, at least when my skeleton was found, and the screen of Loktar's Luckys over my characters dead body would lead to an interesting Wikipedia addition to the games lore about it's difficulty.

Krash

Arcane
asper said:
In any case, in this scenario replay value is almost the only thing that counts. So Dwarf Fortress for me. And some hentai game.

Why not combine the two?

hentai dwarves? ::shudder::

EDIT: I'd bring notepad. It's the ultimate free-form RPG adventure

spectre

Arcane
Hmm. Barren Wasteland. This rules out the Fallouts, cause I'd already have a LARP opportunity within arms' reach.

I think I would take some Roguelike, ADOM perhaps. Or maybe I would finally have the inclination to get into Dwarf Fortress?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd probably get a fridge full of food and drink instead of a laptop. I'd rather have stuff to eat for a week than having a laptop with 3 hours battery power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom