Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sword of the New World

Rulion

Liturgist
Anyone here playing this? I normally don't touch MMORPGs, but a couple friends of mine got into it while it was in the beta. I went ahead and downloaded it - and the servers went offline about 10 minutes before my downloaded finished, since the beta was officially ending the day I decided to join. But a day later it was back, and I think you get to play for a certain time/until lvl 20 for free.

The graphics are surprisingly stylish. I just love the way the models look and move. The game deals with your "family" that comes from the Old World into the new. Instead of getting to control 1 character, you can actually have up to 3 in your party. I'm not sure how banding together with another party works - for the moment, I'm running around with my fighter, musketeer, and scout, and fighting things for myself. My only complaint so far is the insane respawn rate. I'm not sure if this is only in the newbie areas, or throughout the whole game. Anyone know?

Also, the dresses are pretty.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Well, from what I know you make a party of people all related by a family name and go out err... doing things.

My source didn't really play it very long. It's from the guys who made Ragnarok Online. I'd go with Pirates of the Burning Sea if you're looking for a many-faceted sailing-teh-seas MMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom