Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales of Two Wastelands: Playing Fallout 3

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So I recently got the itch to give Fallout 3 another chance. I was super hyped for it when the game was announced - unlike most sensible human beings I thought this game was gonna be Fallout 1 on crack. I was essentially a very retarded teenager growing up.

The game was shit. I don't need to tell anyone that. I never played the DLC because the minute I beat Fallout 3 - I uninstalled the game and felt honestly betrayed by Bethesda (I skipped Oblivion, never even heard of it.. I went from Morrowind -> Fallout 3)

---

Recently the TTW mod got updated for the Hypola train of Fallout 4 approaching. I decided to give it a try. If there was ever gonna be a more fair attempt at playing Fallout 3, it would be in the Fallout New Vegas engine with Fallout New Vegas mods using their perk system and being able to switch between New Vegas and Capital DC anytime when it gets too bad.

Honestly though - I really wanted to just see the DLC. The alien and chinese snow base stuff looked like a wash but the Spooky Island one and Brotherhood of Steel looked 'decent'.

• Make a Character
    • Fuck I forgot the doctor is voiced by liam neeson.. Repressed Memories begin to surface
    • Do the vault shit - I remember this part of the game very well for some reason
      • Not my first failed attempt to play this game and get my money's worth out of it
    • Leave Vault - Eyes hurt from the bright light.. doesn't feel as epic as last time
  • Adventure Begins
    • Skip Megaton - Don't give a shit
    • Find some broken down city filled with fire ants
    • Kill Fire Ants for like 20 minutes..
    • Holy Fuck This game is BORING
  • Get The Main Quest Going For Some Kind of NPC Interaction (haha - yea right)
    • Contemplate quitting several times..
    • Enter the Metro station to get to three dog
    • Surprisingly not as bad as I remember -
      • Lots of flavor text on computer screens
      • Ghouls give jump scares
      • Interesting level design although quickly becomes repetitive
    • Run into brother hood of steel - The mod is bugged and all npc's who talk with power armor on sound like someone yelling into a 5 dollar headset (Insane static)
    • Contemplate Quitting Several more Times...
    • See Three Dog - Have to get some sattelite
    • Contemplate Quitting..
    • Go to the underworld (Ghoul City)- The mod is bugged and the ghouls don't have voices just subtitles
    • Contemplate Quitting again.
  • Drop the Main Quest and try to find the DLC
    • Get to some river, die, quit this retarded game

TL;DR

We on the codex like to troll around a bit. We nitpick things to death, start huge arguments over the most tiny details (I am guilty of this to a T).. I have to say, without a doubt, Fallout 3 Is a piece of shit.

It's the worst game ever. It's horrible, if you like this game you are a retard. The game centers 100% around Combat but the First Person controls outside of VAT's are Complete trash. VAT's on the other hand is completely overpowered.

I hate this game, I want to like it - I really wanted this game to be amazing. I keep forgetting how bad it is and I keep trying to play this turd and I can't.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Time i finally play F3 goty, with all the mods it seems its decent now

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
You know what might improve Fallout 3?

Some nude mods.

Mod so that the power armor become transparent.

Juvenile, I know, but it should increase your playtime 100%.

Just no. Nothing improves Fallout 3. Not even tits and cunts. Its "uninstall" function will improve your life, though.

polo

Magister
The dude skips the best part of the gamez MEGATROL city, and says the game is shit, 100% popamole ofc.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom