Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom rocks!!!

Zomg

Arbiter
Wii exclusive + arcades do not exist + weird Jap license, no players, basic Wii controller not suitable for it, instantly dead outside Japan AFAIK. Probably a pretty solid buddy game like any Capcom fighter, I thought the gimmicks sounded interesting (it's been out for like 9 months)

Felix

Arcane
Classic Controller Pro, Arcade Stick, etc.....it's sold surprising well and people still playing so you're wrong lol.

Zomg

Arbiter
The guy said something like it "exceeded expectations", and I gotta think the expectations were pretty low and fighters are just so cheap to localize that they figured why not?

Archibald

Arcane
The guy said something like it "exceeded expectations", and I gotta think the expectations were pretty low and fighters are just so cheap to localize that they figured why not?

I don` think so. Capcom had to buy rights/make deals with companies that own those Tatsunoko characters. This is the main reason why nobody expected it to be localized at all. Also IIRC one character wasn`t ported from jap version because Capcom couldn`t secure rights or some shit.

Murk

Arcane
Without a doubt the most interesting game to watch at EVO, don't have Wii so no play :(

Melcar

Arcane
Oh, fuck yeah. I saw a promo for this game on a mag. a few months ago and it looked interesting. Not a big fan of Capcom's Vs. games, but they tend to be fun (plus all the anime faggotry).

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I have this on my wii but never bothered playing it, should I? Guess I got put off by the weird as fuck characters.

entertainer

Arbiter
You have no new messages

Check-out Codex Merchandise - Buy stuff from Amazon - Link Converter
T-Shirt Hell | Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)

Donate and get rid
of these pesky ads!

Codex T-Shirts RPG Codex :: Latest News
Legerdemain & other assorted Roguelike Updates
DeathSpank finally coming to PC
On Game Design and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Tacticular Cancer :: Latest News
Shogun 2: Morder Dem
Squad Battles: Red Victory at Armchair General
AGEOD on Pride of Nations
Codex Mugs

Tatsunoko vs Capcom rocks!!!

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic
Felix

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 06:52:05 Post subject: Tatsunoko vs Capcom rocks!!!

It also has giant robots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hp6W5wyl3o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMj_lam6_g4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd4yUQwlIrg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8wcOvbXR34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8wcOvbXR34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-LIck99PM0

Zomg

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 07:54:25 Post subject:

Wii exclusive + arcades do not exist + weird Jap license, no players, basic Wii controller not suitable for it, instantly dead outside Japan AFAIK. Probably a pretty solid buddy game like any Capcom fighter, I thought the gimmicks sounded interesting (it's been out for like 9 months)

Felix

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 07:55:58 Post subject:

Classic Controller Pro, Arcade Stick, etc.....it's sold surprising well and people still playing so you're wrong lol.

Zomg

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 07:59:48 Post subject:

Archibald

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:41:30 Post subject:

Quote:

I don` think so. Capcom had to buy rights/make deals with companies that own those Tatsunoko characters. This is the main reason why nobody expected it to be localized at all. Also IIRC one character wasn`t ported from jap version because Capcom couldn`t secure rights or some shit.

Mikayel
-

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 00:40:26 Post subject:

Without a doubt the most interesting game to watch at EVO, don't have Wii so no play

Melcar

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 04:33:26 Post subject:

Oh, fuck yeah. I saw a promo for this game on a mag. a few months ago and it looked interesting. Not a big fan of Capcom's Vs. games, but they tend to be fun (plus all the anime faggotry).

Lavoisier

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 04:59:02 Post subject:

I have this on my wii but never bothered playing it, should I? Guess I got put off by the weird as fuck characters.
_________________AndhairaX wrote:
You are easily amused Marcelo. I personally prefer my comedy to be of a more cereberal nature.

chicago_bankroll wrote:
Live every day like it's your last, because someday it will be. Dream. Discover. Explore. Go down the path less traveled. Take only photographs, leave only footprints. Don't be so damn selfish all the time. Call your mother. Smoke some pot, everything will be okay.

DefJam101
nigger fails at math

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 07:19:21 Post subject:

Seems like the characters can take a bit too much punishment, but otherwise sweet stuff

Durr... I'm the algebra cow.
ScottishMartialArts wrote:
I unfortunately have a rather large penis which poses some challenges when wearing women's clothing.

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming All times are GMT + 3 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies Jump to:

Quick Reply:

Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

The Codex expects that every man shall do his patriotic duty and give internets.