Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Express on GOG

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wonder if they stole my no-cd or did one themselves.

(there was no no-cd of TLE online before).

One of you guys that bought it there tell me the md5sum of the exe.
My edited one md5sum is
0f6b4492164672d41da89065ddad9e59 of file _le.exe

Not that i give a shit, just curious to know if they have a cracker inhouse or not.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Goddamit, it's such a shame games like this are a thing of the past

SCO said:
One of you guys that bought it there tell me the md5sum of the exe.
My edited one md5sum is
0f6b4492164672d41da89065ddad9e59 of file _le.exe

Not that i give a shit, just curious to know if they have a cracker inhouse or not.
Their version has got EXPRESS.exe instead of _le.exe and the md5sum is different, too (e91af142619164286c3c7325ef384e36), so they're probably using a different crack. A nice release in any case.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Cool, so they got one.

Wait: EXPRESS.EXE is the dos version. Actually a good decision. The windows version has some compatibility problems.

Edit: Checked the dos version here md5 : e91af142619164286c3c7325ef384e36
Equal. They are using dosbox.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Now they have to get blade runner.

I give full permission for them to use my no-cd.
There isn't another anyway, and this game doesn't run on dos.

:smug:

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
inb4 some stupid fuck starts to complain about GOG stealing their abandonware again. Also: GOG needs to get Discworld games on sale ASAP.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Gragt said:
SCO said:
The windows version has some compatibility problems.

What sort of problems?

Check the other thread. People are reporting the mouse cursor flashing and some kind of momentary freeze in the load/rewind screen. I haven't seen the freeze, but seen the mouse flashing on wine. It might also happen on windows if that guy that reported is using it. Probably because of color depth/resolution (fucked if i am going to edit xorg.conf to 16 bits to test that in linux, fuck that).

Not to worry, most versions (all except this new one that only has dos?) have both a DOS and windows exe

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
OK If I was reading a thread on another adventure forum correctly, the GOG version is the DOS version, and there is however another site like GOG but they sell the Windows version. What is the difference between the 2?

Eyeball

Arcane
Played a demo of this back in the day. While visually appealing, the shitty voice acting and stop-motion type animation put me off playing it any further.

What's so good about it?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Jaesun said:
OK If I was reading a thread on another adventure forum correctly, the GOG version is the DOS version, and there is however another site like GOG but they sell the Windows version. What is the difference between the 2?

My old version has both executables. It wouldn't surprise me if they deleted the other version executables, but bro, pm me if that happens (if you decide to buy it and change where you want to run it).
The windows version has a mouse cursor blinking problem on wine. Anyone still using windows could comment more on the mouse with the original and my no-cd, but noone did yet. I don't think it matters, ie: it's either a wine problem, or a "recent windows problem" or a "recent windows config problem".

Since GoG is using the DOS executable (and by inference, dosbox) they didn't even do a exe or dll hack probably (since the DOS version works perfectly if configured as on my no-cd topic - the relevant steps, copy the datafiles, and configure a batch file).

I'd get the GoG version.

Gord

Arcane
AWAKE!

:necro:

Bought the game during the insomnia spring sale. Game's pretty cool so far, but it seems I've got some strange issues (or maybe I'm just being stupid)?

I wanted to play it on my laptop, which runs Linux, but installing the GOG version using WINE is a no-brainer, of course.
Since using WINE to run Windows-DosBox seems stupid, I transferred the whole folder to my native DosBox folder, adjusted the .conf file a bit and can start it with no problems.
However, it seems that some stuff doesn't trigger properly? After meeting with Herr Schmitt for the first time, I went to meet Kronos and then the serbian(?) guy who tries to kill me in my room. After that not much seemed to happen anymore. Herr Schmitt just stays sitting in the dinning wagon, endlessly chatting with the waiter (for ~2 hours in-game time now), as do the russian aristocrats and Miss Wolff.
Except for them and the conductors, everyone seems to be in their compartments, the doors locked.
For some reason, Schmitt's animations are doubled - I see two animation frames above each other.
Eventually I checked some walkthrough and found that some other russian should have shown up in the smoking wagon, and Schmitt should start talking with Wolff, but that never happened for me, as far as I can tell.
Interestingly, when entering the smoking room, I very often hear someone excusing himself, as it usually happens when passing someone in the walkways along the compartments, even though nobody is to be seen.

Anyone noticed similar issues? I guess I'll just restart?

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Restarted it, now it seems to work. Train's much more lively, stuff actually happens and people do something.
Just hope that's not going to happen too often.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom