Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Pit Update + Release Date: November 9th

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
1696870490369.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Ever wonder if 2023 was one of the best gaming years in a long fucking time?

Yeah, let me save you that train of thought and just say, FUCK YEAH NEGGAS

THIS GON B GUD

Honestly, it seems like yesterday that Vince announced the EA launching. Time flies, eh?

Shill this shit everywhere, and lets get Vince and his team the success they deserve.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Is a launch trailer planned ?
By the way my most sincere congrat ITS. So much problems you had to face...

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is a launch trailer planned ?
By the way my most sincere congrat ITS. So much problems you had to face...
You can probably count on a launch trailer close to 9th of november, it would be stupid not to push for marketing and media around the time of release.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
so... VD is planning on taking underrail head on yet again?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/648410/view/3743111843428364832

The Pit update (and a lot more!)
The hardest update of the year is done and we can finally focus on the endgame events. We need about 3 weeks to wrap it up, the level design and most writing is already done, so we're confident enough to announce the release date - Nov 9.

The game was in development since Jan 2017, so it's been almost 7 years, which is quite a journey. We would have never made it this far without players willing to support us and help us make a better game. Thank you.

On to the update: while the main focus is the Pit (chapter 4), it adds several player-requested quest solutions (like sneaking past Hargrave in Mission Control), more sneaking opportunities and minor events, special deals for Master Trader (feat), changes to Armor Handling, changes to Cloaking Field (gadget) and the stealth system in general.

We didn't list recent updates on the store page as we kept them on the testing branch until the system changes were completed. So for the players on the default branch, this update also includes

- New Chapter 2 content.
- Party members' Bonding System.
- The Grangers' Alliance
- The Delivery (keeping it vague to avoid spoilers)
- The Habitat's questlines' conclusion

Thank you for playing, see you in a month.

Jinn

Arcane
Don't forget to leave a steam review if you haven't yet. They're almost to 1,000 reviews, which increases visibility on the storefront, if I'm not mistaken.

I mean for heaven's sake, if I type "Colony" into the search bar, it won't even include the game on the autofill list.

xuerebx

Erudite
That's the biggest assumption I've read all day :P
I mean it looked more fun from a side glance. First game was stuck in dungeon or some shit and second game was rail roaded adventure. Assuming the gameplay was roughly the same, I picked the one that sounded more fun.
Tangentially related - back when I joined the codex I hadn't yet played Fallout. I started off with 2 as I thought 2 has to be better than 1 right? I remember getting bored/frustrated in that opening temple (I think it was a temple) :lol: I was advised to start with 1 and now it's still one of6 favourite games - and 2 was a blast since I had gotten used to the mechanics.

Anyway, congrats ITS!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom