Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Viewpoint \ Camera placement

Dagon

Scholar
Hey VD
In screenshots I can see the viewpoint simmilar in style to the one from Neverwinter Nights
Personally I don' really like that kind of isometric view, I much more prefer the isoviewpoint of Fallout , Ultima, Torment.
so i want to ask you a question: will I be able to have camera mode similar to old school isometric RPGs? (placed much higher i think)
I think it would also look much more detailed and prettier.
Just look at Van Buren screenshits, when game was zoomed out they looked pretty,
I couldn't say the same about them when the game was zoomed in.

oh and BTW sorry 4 my english
it's my 3rd langauge, and I'm drunk right now!

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
Is it possible to play without jerking around with the camera a lot, or do you have to zoom and rotate the view in order to see everything?

Fez

Erudite
If you let us move the camera around, please include a button that makes the view snap back to the default so that the directionally challenged among us don't get lost.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Fez said:
If you let us move the camera around, please include a button that makes the view snap back to the default so that the directionally challenged among us don't get lost.
icon_salut.gif

Sentenza

Scholar
Talking about camera view...

will be the Player's Character always in the centre of the view or I'll have to scroll the camera in order to follow his movements?

I'm lazy...

Fez

Erudite
I'd like a choice of locking it on or not as sometimes you want to move the view around and having to move the PC to do it could be annoying.

Dagon

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Yes, the camera isn't fixed, so it's up to you.

Thx for answer

Oh and what are minimum specs to run this thing? :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom