Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ To those whom it may concern regarding moderators editing user posts

Codex Year of the Donut
I have come before you today to plead my case that a member of the moderation team(henceforth referred to as a 'janny', 'hotpocket eater', or 'digital shit cleaner') has been overstepping his grounds. I have carefully read through and studied Rules of the Codex - Enhanced Edition, Director's Cut (2013).

I do not wish to place blame on any singular janny as I do not know who is responsible for editing user posts. We can surmise as to which butthurt hotpocket eater is doing such, but I shall leave it up to those with the power to review post, editing, and moderation history.

Exhibit A: my post providing users a way to workaround the lack of being able to ignore posters that are currently unignoreable. I modified a script provided by Worster and gave it to the community. As of the writing of this post, I had edited it to inform users to refer to my signature for a permanent link to a version that cannot be edited.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...sident-of-the-usa.135823/page-70#post-7172610

Again, I assume that The Powers That Be are capable of reviewing post edit history. However, even lacking such I can provide proof that my post was edited. Refer to the post directly below that quoting the post after a janny had edited it, and notice the name the script is now blocking.
Exhibit B:
evidence-A.png

For convenience purposes, I have underlined the important part of my argument. Compare this to the script that is in my signature to understand the key differences said hotpocket eater's edit had made. I assume this was done because a janny may have been upset that people were able to escape reading his diarrhea, but again I can only guess as to who in fact did this.

Let me be clear in stating that I provided this script for the public good of The Codex and to help avoid harassing The Powers that Be through a community solution.

I have chosen this example as it's the most egregious one yet. HOWEVER, it is not the only one that has happened to me. Typically I edited it back and move on. I wish to tag other users who have shared with me that they have also suffered from such actions: Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez and Jenkem

Additionally, I wish to tag the janny Crispy as he is aware that I discussed this topic with him in the shoutbox(alternatively known as 'the shitbox'.) After a lengthy discussion regarding this topic, he asked me if I have posted in Site Feedback.

I will end my plea by stating that I believe firmly that the digital shit cleaners of the codex are worth every penny that DarkUnderlord pays them.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

I use the following filters in chromium's element-hider extension to hide shit that I don't have time for.

rpgcodex.net##div[data-author="Scruffy"]
rpgcodex.net##li[data-author="Scruffy"]

I would greatly appreciate it if scruffy was demoted for grossly abusing xir moderator privileges, or at least temporarily demoted for a day or two so that anyone who wants could properly place xem on ignore.

I have no beef with other mods. No, not even Cr*spy, so long as he doesn't have a temper tantrum every time I post a valid thread in Science and he thinks I'm trolling because it's far outside of his computer repairman-levels of "erudition" that he can't tell the difference between valid scientific inquiries and trolling.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
effort post showing how to ignore mods? Could have made it in single sentence

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
whoever says 'janny' is a 4chan migrant and his opinion doesn't matter much
how do you know this
jenkem uses the word extensively in-between copy-pasting whole 4chan threads into the shoutbox chat service

same with people using > as a quotation mark
No. You don't seem to get the irony do you?

By knowing this technical 4chan slang, you've outed yourself as the very thing you decry: a 4chan migrant.

Ergo by your own logic: your opinion doesn't matter much.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
how do you know this
jenkem uses the word extensively in-between copy-pasting whole 4chan threads into the shoutbox chat service

By knowing this technical 4chan slang, you've outed yourself as the very thing you decry: a 4chan migrant.

that'd be true were I to be using the word 'janny' instead of 'moderator' which I am not
yet a guy like me had no idea what a 'janny' is before a 4channer like you explained

turns out you're just like HHR, a guy who attacks that which he is deep down

Generic-Giant-Spider

Maxie is right to a good degree, though. I've noticed people using ">" have a high tendency to be found... uh...

looks through textbook

Yes, to "suck cock." Same with people that like to use "y'all." High correlation between that word and...

consults textbook again

Yes, yes, sucking cock. Anyways!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmm i to have noticed post getting edited from time to time too. But never bothered with it since i have no evidence and it is no big deal really,just some petty cunt lol. It will be nice if there is some way that will show who edited ""the post" and when.

Also rusty is kwan cunt for ignoring people.

Gerrard

Arcane
how do you know this

He browses shitty polish equivalents of reddit so his opinion doesn't matter at all in the first place. Projecting hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom