Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Twitcher 1 was better than Twitcher 2

kasmas

Educated
TW1 great game but not better than 2 .

I don't think you are missing something if you don't play 1 earlier , other than how Geralt became that badass because he doesn't start as one in the first game.

Butcer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
mikaelis said:
Butcer said:
I do agree that twitcher 1 is alot better then 2, what realy fucked twitcher 2 was act 3, it felt and looked rush and made a very shitty end game expernice

Well. I wouldn't say it's a lot better. TWitcher 2 is a very good game, however, as pointed out: too short. It certainly improved over the first one in terms of presentation and avoiding design problems like revisiting same areas with constantly respawning enemies. Story is good. Arguably better than the first one. Writting is quite good and English voiceovers didn't make me cringe (lke some of the characters even in Polish version of the first game, e.g., Alvin). The only problem I had was Saskia. Her lines and voiceovers were attrocious. Sad but true.
Also, I don't mind fighting system, though I still prefer the one from the first game v

Complaints include: lack of the mysterious atmosphere which was so apparent in TW1 (for example, I so much preferred monsters from TW1), respawning is still there (though justified - I hate it nonetheless), game is noticably shorter - now, I appreciate what they did with "famous" fork and that you can play entire game differently (well, at least chapter 2). Still, I would take much longer and linear story (TW1) for the " OMG Epic fork" leading to similar conclusion anyway.

I don't complain about the gameplay, because I usually suck in it no mater what, haha. So, I am not a valid statistical sample LOL. Both are fine for me as a storyfag when I put them to easy-normal mode (yes, fuck you - masochists).

All in all, it's a good game, but nowhere near the masterpiece.

Twicher 2 is a good game but Chapter 3 was flat out crap, I re-played witcher 1 after finishing witcher 2 and yes i liked witcher 1 more.

Witcher 1 was much more fleshed out and i did not feel any parts of were it rushed and unfinished like chapter 3 in witcher 2,

Chapter 1 in Twitcher 2 was great if the other chapters had been like that Witcher 2 would have been far superior to witcher 1.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
RK47 said:
Chapter 2 battle re-enactment felt awkward and I hated every second of it.
Really?
I'd agree that it was somewhat out of place in a RPG game. I can uderstand fighting got difficult at times, untill you figured out what to do.
But the entire battle was fucking epic. Epic in a good way. One of the moments when you are slugging through the game, and all of the sudden it gets you stuned. No longer just a game, for a moment is changes into piece of art. Even on the second playthrough, that thing was amazing.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Epic, in what way? The battle scale was simply 1 vs 3, 1 vs 4 etc. And even when you are in control of Seltkirk, the hero of Aedirn, your slashes are slow and you move like a regular soldier.

That was shit IMO. It would've been better if Seltkirk could at least do something special, unique moves etc. His moveset is terrible, and swordman Geralt would have easier time than other builds here simply because he had access to better passives like Counter, Damage Resist and Sword damage increase.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
RK47 said:
Epic, in what way?
Like the epic mood of the battle? I mean, storywise. It felt like the ending of some early "wheel of time" Jordan's books.
The change of fighting style was a welcomed one. You take a break from your pumped up character, no more rolling around like a clown, for a time being you just stand your ground and bash the enemies.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:roll: If that's what you think, then so be it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom