Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unreal Gothic now on Steam

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gothic remake in Unreal engine.

You can activate it with 'TheColonyisNotUnreal' code in Library -> Gothic 1 Classic -> Properties -> Betas

Doesn't work with Polish version, but does with English.

Here are some screenshots I've made:

0689478239BDA2E4B48473C9656DB3A0D70D6E99

081148C0016BB57ABCB5226FA43B2DB35DAB3C92

1596AF62AB2911EF1B3F281F5400CEB1D5A29770

notpl

Arbiter
Looks better than vanilla tbh
I like it as a novelty but "better" is questionable and it does not even begin to hold a candle to the base game enhanced with the dx11 renderer. It's difficult to see any kind of a point to it.

I'll take this opportunity to ask here... I see that Gothic has Workshop integrated on Steam. There's stuff like Union and the Community Patch. Is it safe to install them through there?

notpl

Arbiter
The only real appeal I could see to this is that, presumably, the unreal engine makes modding significantly easier. But for that to matter at all, they needed to release this over a decade ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom