Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wartales: Pirates of Belerion Expansion Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Shiro Games; Wartales; Wartales: Pirates of Belerion

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1527950/view/3866967177986466449

Attention mercenaries!

We’re thrilled to announce that Pirates of Belerion is now available for purchase! We’ve prepared a brief overview of both the DLC and the changes that the free update brings to the base game.

As the year comes to an end we’d like to take the opportunity to thank you for your support. At the time of writing this Wartales is almost at a whopping 20,000 reviews with over 90% of them being positive! You can vote for Wartales in the Steam Awards if you feel like it :)

The team here at Shiro Games will be taking a break over the winter holidays, to rest and recharge our batteries, so as to hit the ground running next year. We’ll make sure to share our plans for 2024 as soon as possible, most likely in the form of a roadmap.

Sailing the seas
You now have a whole new region to discover, and it is larger than any territory your troop has ever set foot on. Luckily, with this opportunity for exploration comes a new and faster means of transportation: sailing.

Harnessing the power of the winds, you’ll travel from island to island and navigate across the reefs to find abandoned treasures. Assign a captain, a gunner, a lookout, a fisherman, a drummer to motivate your crew, and set sail for uncharted lands. As you progress through the region and discover its riches, you’ll also be able to upgrade and customize your ship, preparing it (and your crew) for the dangerous encounters that await you.

Making a name for your troop
Belerion is a dangerous place, where you will cross swords with two new enemy factions: the Pirates, and the Belerian Guard. Both of them are experts when it comes to fighting at sea: they’ll push your companions overboard, use ropes to jump on your deck, and set your ship on fire with ignited projectiles. The good news is: you can too.

In the Belerion archipelago, each battle you win and each feat you accomplish will increase your Reputation. As you get into the limelight, you’ll catch the attention of the region’s most dreaded sailors: the Lords of the Seas. This means that bloodthirsty rascals will be after you. But it also means you’ll be able to defeat them, find their treasures, and make your way to the top, ultimately becoming Belerion’s most glorious crew.

Broadening your horizons
Belerion introduces its own storyline, complete with a new Arena, Elite, Ruin, regional Rouste, new animals, ressources, recipes and equipment.​

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2692400/Wartales_Pirates_of_Belerion/
https://af.gog.com/en/game/wartales_pirates_of_belerion?as=1649904300

Rando Thoughtful

Educated
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wartales is a guilty pleasure of mine 'til I man up enough to take on Battle Brothers. I'll probably pick this up when its less overpriced. Because it's well overpriced, god-damn.

lvl 2 Blue Slime

Educated
Pirates are such an overdone theme, I wouldn't mind if there was a different take on them but if it's always gonna be yarrrr eye patch skull and crossbones black flag walk the plank rum shit over and over again...:killit:

TwoEdge

Scholar
Buyer beware: this DLC broke crafting (recipes aren't unlocking) and the new pugilist class has some bugs, namely, their turns never end. These sound easy to patch, but the team just released an update where they claim they're taking a winter break, which could mean the fix will take a while. I'd say wait a bit before purchasing.

EDIT: They've just released a hotfix for these issues.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1527950/announcements/detail/3904122044546906570

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Is the game becoming more challenging? As it is now, it's incredibly simple. Nevertheless, it's admirable that the developers are consistently releasing updated content.

cpmartins

Cipher
Played it, enjoyed it, never going back for another run again. 5/10.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom