Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline WFRP 2e spiritual successor Kickstarter (5 days left)

Andhaira

Arcane
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimandperilous/zweihander-grim-and-perilous-rpg

A gmae being made by WFRP fans as a spiritual successor to WFRP 2e. Lots of previews up, looks pretty cool although I am not yet sure why I should get it if I have and still play wfrp 2e. Still, I am liking what I see of the previews.

Full version of the game without art is avaialble as an immediate download when kickstarter ends (so no pledging, downloading then unpledging :lol: )

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It was a reaction to 3e I think. I followed the project for a while now, and I mostly like what I see. Sure, 2e is still good, but maybe this will be supported with more stuff - even if it's a long way until it can read the amount of material released officially and unofficially for 2e.

Andhaira

Arcane
They have added some things that appear cool; each career (clled professions here) for instance has it's own special ability which allows it to be good at what the career is actually about. For example, the Agitator can now sway and influence crowds better than a non Agitator who has pumped skills into persuasion.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I absolutely adored Warhammer 2ed, except for combat system. It was full of flaws and stupid shit (parrying/dodging/blocking especially) so I had to remake it from scratch. I wonder how those guys handled it.

Andhaira

Arcane
I absolutely adored Warhammer 2ed, except for combat system. It was full of flaws and stupid shit (parrying/dodging/blocking especially) so I had to remake it from scratch. I wonder how those guys handled it.

Combat previews/actions are available from their site, along with the entire talents chapter.

Also sometime after the kickstarter is over they will be seeding the PDF of the core rulebook sans art onto major torrents for free sharing.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
It looks promising, but...if the physical books are Kickstarter-only limited runs, does that mean the game will be PDF-only once the KS ends? That seems unwise.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
If the mechanics are good, it will need only some kind of hack to port everything from WFRP 2ed to the new system, make the game be in the Warhammer world.

nikolokolus

Arcane
It looks promising, but...if the physical books are Kickstarter-only limited runs, does that mean the game will be PDF-only once the KS ends? That seems unwise.
Especially since you can do POD via Lulu or RPGNow.com

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom