Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What do you expect to see in Fallout 4?

Helton said:
You emerge from Vault 69 which -- to your surprise -- has floated to China. In the distance you see two groups in power armor fighting eachother which, you later learn, are the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave who have made the treck to China for some reason.

Also you will run across familiar people like Dogmeat and Harold. They made it to China, too.

That's been used in Baldur's Gate 2.

GarfunkeL said:
Chance to romance vaguely Peter Hines -looking guy but only if you are female with charisma above 6.

Which reminds me...I was trying to get into Braid at a friend's house but couldn't because the main character reminds me of Todd.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
1) a main overall story arc that has multiple "entrances" but only 1 ending made up of a choice

2) get rid of vats, who needs this homage to fo1/2 shit

3) make it easier to get 10 in all stats and 100 in all skills, it was too damn hard in 3

4) no written dialogue, its all spoken. deaf? who gives a shit, screw you. its all spoke dialogue because its next gen!

5) inablity to do any perspective than FPP, being able to go to another view is so last gen.

6) MOR BLOM!

7) no spoken line more than 10 words. if it cant be said in 10 words or less, our target audience may lose intrest.

8) the intro must be new and exciting, because thats all the reviewers will care about. the next 59 hrs 30 minutes can be boring as fuck and copy-pasted as ever.

9) we will get 4th and 5th graders to write out the story/lines that way it will sound natural and flowing to our target audience. ok, maybe even 3rd graders.

10) every npc you run across will be the same as you came across before in all the previous games ( read: fo3, only real fallout game ), that way it will require less work.

11) have those same 4th and 5th graders write motion-story books with stick figures, and base our animation and charecter art style off of.

its got 11 things on it! its better than a 10 list!

I WINZ TEH INTERNETZ!

/declineofthecodex

Talonfire

Scholar
Whut? Wasn't Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel for the consoles Fallout 3? Or was it Fallout Tactics? I can never seem to get it straight.

hiver

God damn it i wish i had a billion or two to buy bethesda, sack every last one of them, even the cleaners, personally jump up and down on all their hardware and trash the place then sell the pieces to garbage and...and...
God damn it!

Why the hell im i reading this damn thread at all!

Helton

Arcane
Maybe in Fallout 5 you go to the Enclave's secret moon base which they captured from the aliens so there is alien blaster and the BOS of steel are there and talking deathclaws and ghouls and dogmeat and harold and wasteland sirvival and tandi ardesh eldar ian garnering refrrence referenve refenegd ehefdnefe dfdhebef

hiver

That was a comment on how intelligent F3 intelligence options are.

xuerebx

Erudite
[Strength] Shut up you idiots or I'll hammer you!!

EDIT: Forgot the exclamation mark.

Rhalle

Magister
I saw a mudcrab by the water today.

[Intelligence] That's a type of crab, right?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Helton said:
Maybe in Fallout 5 you go to the Enclave's secret moon base which they captured from the aliens so there is alien blaster and the BOS of steel are there and talking deathclaws and ghouls and dogmeat and harold and wasteland sirvival and tandi ardesh eldar ian garnering refrrence referenve refenegd ehefdnefe dfdhebef
The only awesome post in this entire thread.

MetalCraze

Arcane
When then next Fallout game gets released I expect to see the following on the Codex:

Holy crap this is such a fun game. Just keep telling yourself that it isn't a rpg and you will be fine!

OH WAI-

Worm King

Scholar
Skyway, your like a broken record. Turn yourself off, we are all aware of your opinions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom