Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to inXile?

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Anyone keep track of what InXile is up to these days? That Bard's Tale game they released was... 'meh'. Any news on the Wasteland IP?

Oesophagus

Arcane
I think they were making some iPhone games or something not that long ago. Talk about :decline: .... :?

Blackula

Educated
They're suckling the teet of Pete Hines while Todd Howard Caresses them slowly.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's hard to hate anything that has Cary Elwes trading barbs with Tony Jay. Admittedly that was the game's sole redeeming feature.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Spellcaster said:
Good riddance. That Bard's Tale was just slightly better than Brotherhood of steel and yet no one seems to hate the way it really deserves to be hated.

I don't think anyone bought it to care...

Wait...do I hear a call for an LP?!?!?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They're making a third-person Hack n Slash (Hunted: The Demon Forge) instead of making their promised "traditional RPG" Wasteland 2, IIRC.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hunted looks awful. Basically the same as that Bard's Tale remake with prettier graphics.

Chuftie

Augur
I enjoyed playing the Bard's tale pseudo-remake.

Found it to be nice distraction from the usual RPG stuff

ortucis

Prophet
Chuftie said:

Agreed. It also had probably the best done merchants in any RPG (basically, not generic NPC's) so far.

I can't wait for Hunted, looks like Diablo, only better and fun.. from previews at least.

Plus, the Bard's Tale, while fun for its time (and the 3rd one was good for that style) was almost unanimously viewed as being at the bottom end of the 'good' rpgs of that style. The 'fallout' of that style of crpg would be Wizardry. Compared to Wizardry, and even early Ultima, The Bard's Tale is like Baldurs Gate 1 is to Fallout. Just not worth raging over.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Chuftie said:

This. Although I wouldn't like to play it again. The game's just not that good.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Broseidon said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz32eQYEXs4

Demon's Forge is a popamole shooter in a fantasy setting apparently.

Pretty much. From what I've seen there is very little in the way of gear and character progression/specialization. Not saying I didn't enjoy Bard's Tale but that mostly had to do with the writing and voice acting of Cary Elwes and Tony Jay -- something Demonforge won't have.

Chuftie

Augur
Metro said:
Broseidon said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz32eQYEXs4

Demon's Forge is a popamole shooter in a fantasy setting apparently.

Pretty much. From what I've seen there is very little in the way of gear and character progression/specialization. Not saying I didn't enjoy Bard's Tale but that mostly had to do with the writing and voice acting of Cary Elwes and Tony Jay -- something Demonforge won't have.

Then it better deliver on some sweet-ass co-op

That being said the name is awfully unfitting.

When I hear the words Demon and forge, I see a game that involves cool looking bosses and beasts, with a central mechanic revolving around killing and capturing their souls and beating their souls into submission as you forge them into armor and weapons

Ausir

Arcane
They are also working on Wasteland 2, which they hired Jason Anderson for. I managed to confirm that Jason Anderson's unannounced post-apoc RPG project is still in the works, and has a separate team from Hunted.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Chuftie said:
Then it better deliver on some sweet-ass co-op

I'm not 100% sure but I think the co-op is local only -- wouldn't be surprising as it looks to be console oriented.

Chuftie

Augur
local means on the same fucking console and not via internet right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom