Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the hell is www.sorcerers.net....

Khor1255

Arcane
...and why does it pop up every time I load this forum?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
It's the Codex behind the mirror. Our evil twin.

pipka

Savant
What is codex sending to exponential.com through sorcerers.net? (mind-boggling corss-site requests)

Khor1255

Arcane
So, that is why it takes so long for this site to load and turn pages? Is there a way to permanently disable their pinging?

Johnny the Mule

Educated
They are the fucking host of this piece of shit forum.
So something got mixed up with dns, redirects, javascript, php, who the fuck knows.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's just the ads being loaded from there. And it's on the same server as we are so there's no speed impact - the Codex would still load just as slow without it.

Khor1255

Arcane
Thanks for the answers guys. I was afraid it might be a virus attached to this forum. Perhaps the high volume of users iss the thing that makes this forum act so squirley on every computer I have ever browsed it on.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
There's a sticky about why Codex is slow... too long to go into it here again.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Co8 is also on the sorcerors.net server.

All one big happy family

Melcar

Arcane
So The Codex is like the gay emo "too grimdark and no one understands me" unconformist racist of the family?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom