Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where's the spell checker?

desocupado

Magister
Being a non native english speaker, I actually relied on that shit a lot. Why is it not working anymore? Bring it back!

Sub

Arcane
Why would you need spellcheck even if you're a non native English speaker?

To be honest, most non native English speakers I've met online have better grammar and punctuation than native English speakers.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
If you use Firefox there is a ton of dictionary addons.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So pop-ups appeared for someone on Firefox yesterday because Ad-Blocker let one through and now someone's spellchecker failed... Me thinks FF updated something.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
My spellchecker and popup blocker are still working. They probably got infected with something.

desocupado

Magister
racofer said:
The fuck?

Dude that's a browser thing...

That's a browser thing? :oops:

Shit, I'm getting to old for this shit. Soon I will be computer illiterate, and the equivalent of an old man screaming at his TV to make it work.

Glyphwright

You thought RPGCodex checked your comments for spelling as you typed them?

DriacKin

Arbiter
DarkUnderlord said:
So pop-ups appeared for someone on Firefox yesterday because Ad-Blocker let one through and now someone's spellchecker failed... Me thinks FF updated something.

Me thinks Firefox is piece of shit.

desocupado

Magister
J1M said:
Use Chrome. Built-in spell check.

The spell checker is built in too, and I'm not a fan of Firefox, but I grew so used to the mouse gestures add-on that it would be a bitch to adapt to a new browser.

I tried Opera, but the mouse commands were not changeable (at least not anywhere I could find), and the default ones sucked.

Antihero

Liturgist
Sub said:
Why would you need spellcheck even if you're a non native English speaker?

To be honest, most non native English speakers I've met online have better grammar and punctuation than native English speakers.

That's only because they have yet to master the intricate subtleties of English drunkposting, the cockiness and assurance that comes with speaking the best language in the world, and convoluted run-on sentence structure magnified by our SUV gas-guzzling mentality. Or maybe for some unfathomable reason native speakers of any language just get lazy in an informal setting or have too many informal assumptions about their language that haven't been brought to light yet.

Glyphwright said:
Not the most unreasonable assumption for somebody who doesn't care how it all works. I mean, AJAX is something you huff and scrub toilets with, right?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
People scrub toilets with it? Wow, what strange things people do with drugs designed for inhalation.

Luigi

Barely Literate
desocupado said:
I tried Opera, but the mouse commands were not changeable (at least not anywhere I could find), and the default ones sucked.

Tools - Preferences - Advanced - Shortcuts - Edit.

Glyphwright said:

There are forums with a built-in spellchecker. Gamefaqs, for example.

Though the codex would benefit more from a utility that cheked comments for retardation as the user typed them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom