Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why doesn't Fallout have Captain Beefheart yet in the radio?

It's pretty innovative music that was made in the 60's, and there was a 60's influence as seen in New Vegas.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is no place for anything remotely innovating in Bethesda games.

Inspectah

Savant
I can see the kids that play fallout 4 getting scared because of beefheart

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Actually, Bethesda have a weird source for how they license their music. Most of the tracks like Let's go Sunning and I'm tickled pink were never printed on proper public records, also nearly a quarter of the records weren't commercially released only on Radio Transcription broadcast Acetates most of which are lost but were found recently, so somehow Bethesda managed to license those. Another weird case is Peggy Lee's "Why dont you do right", there are two version from different record companies, each having differences in terms of their composition & audio mix coming from the late 40s, but Bethesda managed to track down the song's origin in a 1942 music video and license the audio track.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Can't say exactly how they would've found the music (maybe they had a classics enthusiast as part of the design team?), but they were probably able to license the music rights for pennies once they tracked the right people down, especially since they were comparatively unknown around the time they were developing Fallout 3 than they are today.

pippin

Can't say exactly how they would've found the music (maybe they had a classics enthusiast as part of the design team?)

Almost every song in Fallout 3 was a hit when it came out, it was just a thing of checking the top selling artists from a certain period of time. Even then, most of the artists featured in the game and in New Vegas and FO4 are hardly obscure: Cole Porter, Nat King Cole, The Ink Spots, Ella Fritzgerald, Dean Martin, etc. I guess they don't include Beefheart because he doesn't fit the idea of a republican Pre-War America and also because he wasn't a "hit".

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why doesn't Fallout have Vince Guaraldi Plays A Charlie Brown Christmas yet? That is a thing that occurred in earth history, and "things that happened in earth history" is a major theme of Fallout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom