Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why I don't consider Obsidian to be special.

Radisshu said:
... Yeah, but the method of finding True Names was just paying large amounts of money to "the Knower of Names/Secrets" or whatever its name was.

...why would such a person need money? Maybe magical items, but even that would be stretching it since he could blackmail anyone into giving him stuff...but money?

fucking videogame logic

Radisshu

Prophet
Clockwork Knight said:
Radisshu said:
... Yeah, but the method of finding True Names was just paying large amounts of money to "the Knower of Names/Secrets" or whatever its name was.

...why would such a person need money? Maybe magical items, but even that would be stretching it since he could blackmail anyone into giving him stuff...but money?

fucking videogame logic

Bioware idiocy. There was some bullshit excuse about money representing sacrifice to the player, but I don't think it allowed for other sacrifices.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Radisshu said:

fucking videogame logic
It was a D&D djinn that you rubbed out of a lamp.

When I asked him in dialogue, "Aren't you genie? Don't you have magical powers? Can't you produce what you want without money?", he said, "But I love the sacrifice you make when you give me money. We feed on your sacrifice, because it makes us feel good. That's a sign of the power of a genie."

I became an impoverished penniless person, as I have away all the 2,500,000 gold coins I had to learn the True Names of everyone possible. It was worth it.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Oh yes, you could learn Aribeth's True Name and blackmail her into falling in love with you.

That was some creepy messed up nonsense that only BioWare writers can conceive.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
evolution-of-man-E-.jpg

Observe this picture. If we use this picture as an analogy for the level of shit Bethesda, Bioware, and Obsidian are currently at, with the either extremes being bad (left being retarded in designing games while the right being greedy and making shit games for profit) and the middle being good, Bethesda is on the far left, being stupid and primitive, while Bioware is on the right, being greedy and selling itself out. Obsidian is on the left, being a primitive man but not a dumb fuck like Bethesda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom