Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Why you should be a Knight of the Chalice

Multi-headed Cow

Jaesun said:
You would have to be a complete idiot to worry about the pricing on your game on STEAM, mainly due to the gigantic exposure and volume of sales capacity that STEAM provides.
I know Gaben's said as much over and over again during talks, but on a personal note (Apart from me being a giant Steam loving idiot) I've seen some extreme consoletard casual game playing fools commenting on how awesome Avadon is after picking it up from a sale. GABE NEWELL IS DOING GOD'S WORK. :salute:

(i still have not played it as i am the most extreme consoletard casual game playing fool of all)

hydd

Thanks for featuring my blog on here! Sorry it wasn't better written :lol:

If you're further curious about Frayed Knights not being on Steam, you can see a little insight from the Facebook comments on my blog. Russell Barnson (of Rampant Games) and I had a small discussion there.

Again, thanks for the recognition.

Hydd

hydd

DwarvenFood said:
Cool of you to stop by and register;

Hope you enjoy your stay ;)

Thank you for the words of kindness.

In the short while I've been here, I've already grown quite fond of the discussions and their associated humor :)

Gwendo

Augur
I loved beta testing KotC, when usually a beta test ends up being a chore, KotC was quite entertaining and the author took quite well not only the bug reports, but also sugestions that I hope helped to make KotC the excelent game it is.

I understand we all want a little more of KotC, either KotC 2 or an expansion, but I can also understand the author. He is a one man army, making the whole game alone, except some freelance art. I guess it can become tedious to work in the same game or genre all these years. If making the RTS game will help him fresh up while continuing to help him increase his skills, all the better.

AlphaKennyBody said:
Jaesun said:
If you purchase a game on STEAM, you have to have STEAM installed to play them. But you do not have to have STEAM running to play them, just installed (it has an offline mode).

Also, with some indies/older games, you can go into the Steam directory/steamapps/common and run the games' executable directly without bothering with Steam.
It's completely discretionary for the developer. Not just limited to older/indie games.
For instance you can buy GTA IV on Steam and run it directly from the executable without launching the Steam client.

Also, always at developer's discretion, buying on Steam you can have the option to use your license on other sources.
EA games serial codes can be added on Origin, for instance. Or you can use Mount & Blade serial to download and activate the game from TaleWorlds' official site.

Codexlurker

Savant
Gwendo said:
I loved beta testing KotC, when usually a beta test ends up being a chore, KotC was quite entertaining and the author took quite well not only the bug reports, but also sugestions that I hope helped to make KotC the excelent game it is.

I understand we all want a little more of KotC, either KotC 2 or an expansion, but I can also understand the author. He is a one man army, making the whole game alone, except some freelance art. I guess it can become tedious to work in the same game or genre all these years. If making the RTS game will help him fresh up while continuing to help him increase his skills, all the better.
He's doing a great job. The demo of KoTC is addictive as Hell and I can't wait to buy it.

betamin

Learned
To be honest he seems to have a grasp on what's fun in a game and has the ability of letting that which does not really matter truly slide. He knows that UI should be clear and quick, that animations should be non intrusive, that there should be some challenge among other things. Whatever he does im sure it'll be good.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Imagine KotC coming out at the same time as KotOR MMO.

This game needs steam. Basically the codex is a ghetto, and worse, a ghetto of Mcscrooges.
If you search on google,

"Knights of the Chalice"
you get circle of 8, the codex, rpgwatch and some reviews.

Not enough!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom