Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witness the Kodex Killerz die gloriously in the wasteland! (Darkwind: War on Wheels LP)

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!

PART 3: ARENA COMBAT​

Embarrassed by results of the previous race, Josh declares that the team will sign up for an arena combat. This should make a name for the Killerz.

Josh Stoner.jpg
There's a combat arena event coming up. That should be a good one for our finances and to gain some reputation with the locals. Plus, you guys will get to shoot up some shit.
Dick Woody.jpg
Hell yeah that's what I'm talkin' bout. Lock and load, baby.
Bob Baker.jpg
Muricaaaaa!
Josh Stoner.jpg
Alright, so let's see, we can register up to two cars, and each car can take a driver and a passenger. So, we're looking at 4 participants.
Dick Woody.jpg
Yeh let's do this. I'm with Bob.
Bob Baker.jpg
FUUUYEEAAAAHHHH!!!
Sid Sak.jpg
I am down for this. Sign me up. I'll take the second vehicle.
Paul Scalise.jpg
And I'd like to, uh, redeem myself. I'll drive the second vehicle.
Josh Stoner.jpg
Right, gentlemen, then it's settled. Remember what we used to talk about when wargaming? It's not just about shooting fish in a barrel, it's about striking a fine balance between skill and strategy.So think through your actions first before you strike. Anyway, this should be a hefty sum of money for us if both vehicles can clinch 1st and 2nd place.
Paul Scalise.jpg
Why do we need money though? I thought we have funding from M.C.A...--
Josh Stoner.jpg
NEVER MENTION THAT NAME TO ME AGAIN!

This event is a combat arena. Combat arenas are exactly that: you shoot at opponents until they resign. Every shot nets you points. It is a lot of fun if you don't mind the occasional ganger dying from a critical hit.

We have two cars signed up for this. The first car is driven by Paul Scalise with Sid Sak as gunner. The second car is driven by Bob Baker with Dick Woody as gunner.

The car is a simple subcompact that comes with 2 machine guns. This allows the driver to fire too, albeit at reduced accuracy.

hHx3ErY.jpg

HhKTHYn.jpg

WYPJ3Cj.jpg

Our combatants enter the arena and get ready for combat. This will be their first time in the heat of action. Let's see how they do.

Event Details​

4m9dv2I.png

We are assigned Cars #15 (Paul and Sid) and #16 (Bob and Dick).

hSK9eUU.png

The overview of the map. There are two teams: Red and Blue. We're on Team Blue.

DY5iaqa.png

We're going to follow the other cars, but keep a safe distance behind so they get shot by the other NPCs first.

Yp42jSW.png

Some of the cars from Team Red are coming over the hill now. No matter, they're not going to attack us first, and we've got them in our targeting computers.

hGJcglU.png

We continue to follow the gang.

w1w7bOO.png

Enemy in our sights. We can fire once they get over the hill. We just have to be careful with friendly fire since that will cost us points.

S5c9IdO.png

Guy in front is tanking for us first. Let's continue to stay behind and wait for the enemy to enter our LOS.

Me0vRtb.png

Getting more LOS but let's be patient and wait a bit more.

MDIACjC.png

There we go! Fire away boys!

TRuqsGU.png

Direct hit from our MGs.

Vn5BwF2.png

We continue to blast away at Joseph Young's car.

PEZLSyE.png

Hmm this may start getting hairy as more cars from Team Red are spotted coming up.

qcouelc.png

Luckily for us, we've almost breached Joseph Young's left armour. Just a bit more and he should be done.

NbQq6ab.png

Hell yeah finally breached his car.

8DUH5fh.png

We're not here to kill him, but we want to make sure they don't get back up.

vAewCpQ.png

Trouble! More cars coming in hot.

rYRaMlf.png

Car 16 (Paul and Sid) target an incoming car, but LOS is blocked by this motherfucker Daniel Young from Independent Driver Association.

yWkqtG1.png

We wait for that idiot Daniel Young to pass, then blast a couple of shots at Velma Becnet's car.

XwyXOOf.png

Meanwhile, Car 15 (Bob and Dick) attacks a car that's trying to flank us. Shouldn't be too difficult, we have the right angle to flank him as he passes us by.

CueiAnw.png

One shot misses but another lands true.

ur0XZJU.png

Car 15 has a good angle here. We just need to intercept the enemy and keep hitting his flank.

sBQn0ds.png

:smug::smug::smug:

ZBbkq7L.png

Bob and Dick's happyfuntime is interrupted by two enemy cars joining the fray.

t6YYifa.png

Our patriotic boys from Car #15 decide to swerve and try and intercept these two bozos. It's going to be tough dealing with two cars at once. Hopefully one of our Team Blue allies stops being useless and lends us a helping hand.

9qXEAZX.png

Car #16 does the same too.

t4dfSfS.png

Bullseye, they land a few shots! However, Roy Chavez is still accelerating. We're going to crash. Shit.

3S3ADzM.png

Car #16 also tries to tackle Roy Chavez's car. Just ahead is Jacob Bow's car. Are they gonna hit us? Dunno, but let's hope for the best.

72nYI01.png

Well shit, Jacob Bow crashes into Bob and Dick's car, and now we're in a bad position.

Y0qRyf5.png

Bob yanks the handbrake and desperately tries to reverse, hoping to use the momentum to turn around and avoid getting his car's right armour ripped to shreds.

w7suqCd.png

Jacob Bow's car continues to relentlessly pound our right flank.

9RcGnjh.png

Skillfully, Bob manages to swerve the car out of Jacob Bow's way. But there's still an immediate threat in our way: Carol Cole, from Cursed Earth.

CNViwZk.png

Thank god the NPCs have finally made themselves useful, getting rid of Carol for me.

TCvp9Ad.png

Back to Paul and Sid, like a relentless dog, they start blasting away at Roy Chavez's car.

w2Uwk7C.png

During the dogfight, our targeting computer loses sight of Roy Chavez, but it's ok, let's go for Velma Becnet's car.

R5Cqgkh.png

"I'm coming for you, Velma!"

uuNbc6I.png

Pew pew pew!

ZLVgRXU.png

"We ain't letting her go!"

uU2Juot.png

Little did Paul anticipate he would have four cars on his tail.
...Shit...

KtaYFZV.png

Bob and Dick make a hard turn to regroup with Paul and Sid. Four against one is no joke, especially when that one car does not have rear weapons.

39w97hG.png

Bob and Dick have their sights on one of the tailing cars.

A3acJ6i.png

Paul uses this opportunity to steer the car away from the potential pursuers, hoping to gain positional advantage.

hY7UcHO.png

Meanwhile, Bob and Dick rip away at one of the pursuing cars (Irma Marbury) that got itself trapped.

PYzVD2f.png

"You're not getting away so easily!"

MGt3eD4.png

Paul and Sid have a better angle here, and also blasts away at Irma's car while it tries to retreat.

cuSTPJQ.png

Bob and Dick turn their attention to the other cars on Team Red that have decided to attack the other Team Blue NPCs.

oe03Z2y.png

Bob attempts to do a stylish powerslide to target one of the Team Red cars.

dfuQKmO.png

And Paul and Sid finish off Irma's car.

y5FAHgp.png

But now they find themselves in some pretty deep shit. They underestimated the two Team Red cars that were previously pursuing them, and one of them has nearly breached Car #16's bottom armour through an extremely lucky shot.

hV1AL0P.png

And now two cars have their sights on Car #16. We don't have much rear armour left too, so all we need are 3 shots to get an armour breach. This ain't good.

yTDbf1z.png

Very fortuitously for us, one of the NPCs has made themselves useful once more. They take out one of the pursuing cars, but we're still not out of hot water.

X7d5spA.png

Car #15 tries to swerve and assist.

77NCGCK.png

We score a couple of hits against one of the pursuing vehicles. That should take some heat off Paul and Sid.

yNF2zWR.png

Fuck, Paul and Sid got a breach on their rear.

VXStWzi.png

Thankfully, the next round, both shots missed. Paul drives faster to evade the incoming shots.

MCFgPJ1.png

Now, Paul attempts to do a bootleg turn. If he can turn Car #16 to face the enemy directly, that will save them as they still have near full front armour. The only thing is, he might not have enough momentum...

8pV0u6R.png

Fingers crossed.

Max9S7h.png

IT WORKED!

(image unavailable, re-posting it later)
And then, what do we have here but Velma Becnet's vehicle, coming back to strike us in the behind. Should have finished her off earlier.

L4JalxY.png

Paul takes a couple more shots at Jacob Bow's vehicle, then swerves to meet Velma's car. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a 2v1 as Car #16 is running low on ammo too.

FOGBI2J.png

Bob and Dick try to assist #16, but some stupid fucker from Blue Team suddenly gets in their way and gets friendly fired.

Swpq3Hr.png

But things are looking up for Paul and Sid now. They are no longer under fire and have Velma's flank.

88THYhl.png

Velma Becnet is finished.

ZZpVJkb.png

Bob and Dick aren't doing too badly too. With the stupid friendly out of the way, they now have clear shots at Jacob Bow's vehicle.

D7igStZ.png

Last of the two remaining vehicles.

Fp9i7Pp.png

Like a vulture, Bob drives in for the kill.

VLQLoA9.png

So does Paul.

aKUGdR0.png

They intercept the little shit.

rgCSrt7.png

Hell yeah!

RqO2Dtd.png

"That's how we Killerz do it!"

krmKnGj.png

Taking out the remaining car and clinching first and second prize!

hZdd6pi.png

But not before Paul drops us a surprise. Motherfucker, you couldn't hold on to that stress for just one more second? Luckily, even if we resign, our points still count, so we still win.

ruErR01.jpg

Josh Stoner.jpg
You're a damn disgrace, Paul. The only reason why we're still keeping you is because a) you still won, and b) we still need a driver.
Paul Scalise.jpg
:(

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Sid was a hero. Car 15 would have been even more badly breached had Sid not scored some crucial shots earlier, as hitting an opponent also increases their likelihood of missing their shots. On top of that he's not a trained gunner, so he really did good out there despite a low Gunnery skill.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Killaz fuck yeah :killitwithfire:

Paul may need a couple of hours of the patented Obsidian sensitivity training. He's got too much sensitivity. We'll get Carrie on the case, she's good at building up people's pain tolerance.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Sorry bros gonna be busy these next few weeks so the next update will likely be end October. I'm also thinking of doing a comic-book style layout. Uploading >50 images is a pain in the ass and doesn't convey the frantic chaos of battles.

Egosphere

Arcane
Sorry bros gonna be busy these next few weeks so the next update will likely be end October. I'm also thinking of doing a comic-book style layout. Uploading >50 images is a pain in the ass and doesn't convey the frantic chaos of battles.
I switched to using imgbox, since it allows you to select many images quickly and lets you copy the list of links. Then i have it trimmed of unwanted tags with chatgpt. Saves a bit of time relative to the imgur point and click gameplay.
Looking forward to the comic book layout though, sounds neat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom