Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wizardry 8 Enhancements - A Call to Arms!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Once you add Duct Tape to your repertoire the idea that Gadge is underpowered goes out the window. Likewise when you pick up the Lava Lamp. Even Lightning Rod never misses.

Double damage/positioning advantage from Paralyze is that good.

DraQ

Arcane
Once you add Duct Tape to your repertoire the idea that Gadge is underpowered goes out the window. Likewise when you pick up the Lava Lamp. Even Lightning Rod never misses.

Double damage/positioning advantage from Paralyze is that good.
Duct tape has a disadvantage of being single target and consumable. Lightning rod is just damage and directly competes with gun. Box does not inflict that useful a debuff.
You only start getting the nice stuff once you make lava lamp (glorious!) and later port-o-potty (mirror is also a bit meh) - then the real ride starts.

Desiderius

Patron
You’re underrating the Tape. Single target is what you’re worried about (although I also used it to save Vi).

Uses aren’t that expensive since you’re only using it against the hardest foes. Water is hard to train (no buffs) so that early in the game you’re getting a higher Power Level than even your dedicated casters, and since it doubles damage you do it’s a great effect for offensive and defense.

Rod never misses or fails to penetrate so can reliably finish off low go foes. Omnigun can miss/not pen and sometimes your ammo isn’t that damaging, plus is trains Engineering which is most important stat.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Gadge and Bard (I play both) give you enough early staying power to survive until your hybrids* can start training up the buffs. I do like an early run to Swamp for Rousing Drums and Armorplate Gadget. This mod gives Kabuto +1 SP regen which is perfect for low Piety Felp Sam, so also hit the Huts and Steelhide.

* - Human Psi (need pure caster to train Psi since shortage of buffs), Felp Sam, Mook Ranger, Dwarf Lord, Hobbit Bard, Gnome Gadge

DraQ

Arcane
You’re underrating the Tape. Single target is what you’re worried about (although I also used it to save Vi).
With multitarget satistics kind of works for you - it's unlikely that *every* enemy saves.

Water is hard to train (no buffs)
All the stamina replenishing spells, IIRC.
Also superman, most cures and dragon breath.

Desiderius

Patron
Fear effects are good early to keep you from getting outnumbered, and Noisemaker can be used against Air vulnerable mobs. More expensive than Duct Tape but you get to keep the Bottle.

Key is that major part of resist formula (including to Omnigun status effects) is relative level and Gadge/Bard are fastest levelers. Since they also “cast” their instrument/gadget effects at (much) higher levels than hybrids or off-realm casters they’re far more reliable/powerful debuffers/buffers.

Desiderius

Patron
Stam is tricky since it only ticks up the skill when needed. Likewise Cures. Dragon Breath seems like garbage spell.

By the time you’re casting Superman you should already be fine.

DraQ

Arcane
Fear effects are good early to keep you from getting outnumbered, and Noisemaker can be used against Air vulnerable mobs. More expensive than Duct Tape but you get to keep the Bottle.
Blind is handier as panic button, though, and more available (and more annoying as regular combat spell).

Key is that major part of resist formula (including to Omnigun status effects) is relative level and Gadge/Bard are fastest levelers. Since they also “cast” their instrument/gadget effects at (much) higher levels than hybrids or off-realm casters they’re far more reliable/powerful debuffers/buffers.
Yep.
Stam is tricky since it only ticks up the skill when needed. Likewise Cures.
Stam is almost always needed, though.
Dragon Breath seems like garbage spell.
Well, yeah, it sort of is. If you want DB, just pick a Dracon.
Dracon non-caster + powerful cursed weapon is actually pretty decent combo.
Although if you have a non-dracon with no ranged/AoE attack, casting DB on them makes sense.

Desiderius

Patron
I make sure everyone has a ranged attack. The way the training formula works it’s pretty much free (can Dual throwing weps to train Dual too). And with the way this mod buffs the Demonsword really no reason to use cursed weps.

Stam isn’t needed out of combat. I like playing mostly natural and letting the buffs do the training. Rest All is close but still in combat.

DraQ

Arcane
And with the way this mod buffs the Demonsword really no reason to use cursed weps.
Some are pretty damn nice. And if you make someone like rogue, they don't have magical or item based ranged offense. Divine casters tend to have limited ranged magic as well.
Stam isn’t needed out of combat. I like playing mostly natural and letting the buffs do the training. Rest All is close but still in combat.
May I introduce you to the shift key?

Desiderius

Patron
And with the way this mod buffs the Demonsword really no reason to use cursed weps.
Some are pretty damn nice. And if you make someone like rogue, they don't have magical or item based ranged offense. Divine casters tend to have limited ranged magic as well.
May I introduce you to the shift key?

I’m really not that committed. At least when I’m getting Acid Splash in there it’s doing something.

Myles does in fact have solid casting ability via his high Throwing skill (trained by Dual Throwing) and Powders and Bombs. Sneeze Powder costs 4g in this mod. And don’t sleep on Throwing Stillettos.

He practices Pickpocketing loading up. Dink and dunk with Feather Darts for Throwing/Dual practice, then equip Stilletos and Doom Darts for hard fights.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Think of Gadge/Bard as a caster who gets to train every Realm on every cast. Likewise with Myles and Thrown. You can even train him in Artifacts with Icicle Stix.

Desiderius

Patron
Jesus people you don’t have to mod the game to shake up your NPC lineup. Just swap different ones in for different areas. Currently doing Trynton with Myles and Saxx to train them for Rapax Rift (Myles) and Ascension Peak (Saxx). Likewise those two will go to all the Retro Dungeons as well.
Modding the game is a bit of an exaggeration, since you just literally have to tick some boxes in Comic Forge.

The whole point of this is:
1. Swapping RPCs is a pain in the ass - you dump one before he refuses to enter some area and if you want to pick him up later you have backtrack all the way to his homebase. This is insanely frustrating, that's why most people stick with Vi and android, because they have least number of restrictions.

2. Having NPCs you never had in your main party (like ranger in my case), just to try them out. The portraits/voiceovers/personalities are top notch, and I want to try them all (just think of Saxx). On top of that, I'm always kinda attached to joinable NPCs (assuming they're fun) and detest rpgs where you have to swap you party constantly.

On a side note - how is the ranger's crit chance calculated?
Is it growing with lvl up, or it's rather a constant through the whole game, e.g 5%?

The whole point of the no go areas is to mix things up. You’re modding out the very thing you want. And the conventional wisdom of Vi and Robot leaves you without someone you’ve trained in Rapax areas, which is a pretty big deal aside from Vi being pretty boring both in play pattern and dialogue.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Thanks for the gadgeteer responses, guys. U all gave me a good idea of what it is that class is about, so when i play i will probably want to take a gadgeteer along! :)

ZacheryTheKamelide

Barely Literate
Yo i have this mod and im wondering: is there a way to play it in windowed mode and via steam?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom