Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yahtzee on E3 - FO3 included...

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
1206391777526am6.gif

1206391851284zq1.jpg

Just spamming, move along.

Nightjed

Liturgist
the E3 sucked ass, Gears of Wars 2 trailer was the stupidest thing ive ever watched, a minute of black shapes moving over a red background, then a guy comes out and says "the game will be out in November", so, the game is 2 months from going gold and they have no gameplay to show for it ? one could say thats a VERY bad sign

at least square can say they showed 0.5 seconds of actual ff13 gameplay ...

Amon Gesoto

Educated
He misdefined cynical at the beginning. Pessimistic was the term he should have been looking for, which he finally found near the end.

MasPingon said:
slipgate_angel said:
Do people even know what a cartoon is anymore?

So is this

You call this piece of shit a cartoon? Ah, I get it, it's a rethorical question
Ah my childhood. When the cartoons were generally fucked up like Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy. I doubt Nickelodeon would let the same shit fly. But I haven't seen them in years, they're probably absolutely terrible.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Nightjed said:
the E3 sucked ass, Gears of Wars 2 trailer was the stupidest thing ive ever watched, a minute of black shapes moving over a red background, then a guy comes out and says "the game will be out in November", so, the game is 2 months from going gold and they have no gameplay to show for it ? one could say thats a VERY bad sign

Huh? Take the first 30 minutes of GoW1 and copy paste them for 7 hours - and you have your GoW2.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
I wanted to defend the new PoP, but I have seen the trailer and fuck. What the hell was that?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
skyway said:
Nightjed said:

Huh? Take the first 30 minutes of GoW1 and copy paste them for 7 hours - and you have your GoW2.
Pretty much. The showed a gameplay video of Gears 2 a month or two before E3. It looked pretty much the same except now you can use enemies as shields and have chainsaw duels.

J1M

Arcane
Nightjed said:

at least square can say they showed 0.5 seconds of actual ff13 gameplay ...
Yeah that fully playable level with the puzzles removed from it they had at E3 which was different from the other playable level they showed a couple months before E3 is a REALLY bad sign of them not having gameplay.

slipgate_angel

Scholar
MasPingon said:
slipgate_angel said:
Do people even know what a cartoon is anymore?

So is this

You call this piece of shit a cartoon? Ah, I get it, it's a rethorical question

There was a day when cartoons were cartoons tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqvJTBDF ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohLmEGL-row
Animation wise, the Rocko episode I shown was a pilot, and hence they were experimenting with different styles. I think as the show went along, it got better. Also, I just remembered Duck Tales now, and that was when I was like 4 or something...sad that I forgot about it, but then again I was young.

The Ticktockman

Scholar
Meh, seems like a weak Brock Samson.

I'd like a youtube video to prove that Brock is pure win, but they all have retarded music in them.

Really, you just have to watch the Venture Brothers.

The Ticktockman

Scholar
I don't see why not.

I just think that Brock Samson is the greatest man to live since Jesus, and couldn't help but steer the discussion towards him.

crufty

Arcane
korgoth was more heavy metal. i expected the locknar to come floating out at any second.

they really should have had more korgoth, never understood why it was canceled either.

while we are fantasizing about cartoons, i think a sgt rock in the exact same style as venture bros--but sgt rock of course--would be top notch.

Texas Red

Whiner
Korgoth at least has good art. There's nothing more than can make me click "close" than shitty, lazy animation that's supposed to be "stylish".

WalterKinde

Scholar
Good vid by Yahtzee.
Anyhow when i saw the first pre-rendered teaser trailer for the New Prince of Persia game months ago all i could think was
"damn they done gone and ripped off ninja gaiden"
And it looks that way still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom