Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Alpha Brotocol (and Rage together)

Cassidy

Arcane
spekkio said:
racofer said:
Giving a short brief on the current events should suffice.
This. Only sex-scenes require full screenshots coverage.

It shall be done on the next update.

Terror Teats said:
lol I'm butthurt because I suck Assellone's dick and someone said something made by Assellone sucks, so I'll claim this guy is butthurt instead

You are the ones who are so vocal about the facts so far.

Brother None said:
I am very angry about how someone thinks this game sucks and Obsidian invited me for a dinner so I could change my early Review to be ultimately favorable like all Gamefags and Gamespit Network guys do, so I'll claim you are fail.

Here some news at 11 for you: NMA has declined even more than the Codex.

time to quit bro

Daily%20Mail%205.JPG

Terror Teats

Educated
bro why you hate---i was not trying to shoot you in cold bold, bro, i was laying out the facts form y bros

besides, no one is a bigger promotor of asselone hate that me---

yo'uall no this to be true

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Alpha Protocol LP: 80% bawwwwww, 20% screenshots

spekkio said:

The game doesn't really have sex scenes. Only one romance does, and it also cuts to black very fast.

Terror Teats

Educated
Brother None said:
Alpha Protocol LP: 80% bawwwwww, 20% screenshots

spekkio said:

The game doesn't really have sex scenes. Only one romance does, and it also cuts to black very fast.

LOL BROTHER NONE MOAR LIEK BROTHER ASSELONE LOVER HAHA OBSERVE MY WIST

why you let me suck so much asselone dick bro? seriously, shit is chafing my esophagasshole

Also, you expect fucigink fromaseeolones'asonel?---LOL

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
so, not only did you die in the tutorial, you also failed (score<100) all three training missions? awesome.

Cassidy

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
so, not only did you die in the tutorial, you also failed (score<100) all three training missions? awesome.

I'm very enthusiastic about this game. So I never wasted too much time with the training stuff because I have better things to do than show scores to everyone online like xbawks tard and when something is boring I rarely bother trying to succeed at it based upon arbitrary parameters. Also now we are in 360 Live Arcade Codex, where banal scoring matters.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
scoring above 100 enables the secrit additional tasks. the stealth one actually nets you more additional dossier intel, which is kinda sorta important as otherwise you won't be able to complete said dossiers in the game, and they are actually used.

shooting darcy in the balls is also fun.

but yeah, it's all about achivements'n shit.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Errrr, there are in-game advantages to scoring more than 100, Cassidy, it's not an online score-dick thing, though I'm sure there are Xbox achievements.

This thread is making my fingers itch to do a LP by someone who doesn't suck and then whine about how terrible everything is. Only I think I have some LP to finish first or summmat.

Terror Teats said:
:cry:

Wasn't it good for what it was?

I'll go one further and say it's good for what it wasn't. :smug:

Cassidy

Arcane
Brother None said:
Errrr, there are in-game advantages

Great deal. It's not like they will be terribly needed.

This thread is making my fingers itch to do a LP by someone who is wanting to wave his E-penis about his "achievements"

Nobody is stopping you.

Brother None said:
Errrr, there are in-game advantages to scoring more than 100, Cassidy, it's not an online score-dick thing, though I'm sure there are Xbox achievements.
As a person who owns it on the xbawks, I can say that there is no achievement for it.

dr. one

Augur
Cassidy said:
Brother None said:
Errrr, there are in-game advantages

Great deal. It's not like they will be terribly needed.

they won´t, but one can make a difference in the endgame, the other gives you a solid money boost which can be actually quite useful in the beginning, especially when you´re playing recruit on hard it may have an effect on how you´ll approach some of the early missions.
so yeah, not a great deal, but at least there´s a deal :).

laclongquan

Arcane
Owning a console is a decision of the brain, fapping is a decision of the penis.

Never said your dick is smart or pure or anything. The brain, on the other hand, should know better. But sin is such a fun thing.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
what if you own a console due to no fault of yours, like winning some kind lottery, without actually wanting to participate?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
In that case I think you're supposed to sell it off and donate the proceeds to the Codex.

Cassidy

Arcane
Now for the next update(splitted in two because of having 120 screenshots) where I'll show you why I decided to fail in the Tutorial(not here, but in the next post).

==============================

Muslim Elimination Arcade Part I

What is known so far

• There is a sandnigger named Shaheed who "stole" some new missile technology and blew a civilian airplane on flight with one of them.
  • The Accountant from the company that had the missile tech stolen looks like G-man and is very suspicious. He coul- is definitively involved.
  • A politician called Baxter is suspected from receiving funds originated from Shaheed. It's unknown whether this will have relevance to the game later or is just there as Lore.
  • Thorton was knocked out, captured and drugged as part of a strange first training.
  • Westridge, Thorton's boss, is a very EXTREME type of man who resembles EXTREME Shepard from that other Let's Play. He seems willing to take any means to achieve his ends.
  • Should the Alpha Brotocol leak, everyone inside the facility will be killed to cover-up its existence.
  • Thorton just moved to Saudi Arabia with the mission of assassinating Shaheed. There are three leads. A weapons dealer named Nasri, an old prison being used as a weapons stockpile by the terrorist group and an airfield used by them. It is unknown whether the game gives the choice to investigate them in any order or not.

And thus it begins.

lpbrotocolp4s01.jpg

Checking the weapons locker. A few upgrades will be bought, and that silencer will surely come in handy.

lpbrotocolp4s02.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s05.jpg

Mina, who did set up a covert e-mail account for Thorton, likes professional behavior, and besides, truly EXTREME Shepards don't need to be Internet Tough guys.

lpbrotocolp4s07.jpg

Sean gives some info regarding that prison being used as a weapons depot.

lpbrotocolp4s08.jpg

It's possible to buy stuff through the Black market, which is instantly teleported to the weapons locker. Thus, obviously, better to stock up on some healing items and ammo. But first, deciding which weapons to bring can be useful, and thus, which mission to take first.

lpbrotocolp4s09.jpg

Buying some healing kits.

lpbrotocolp4s10.jpg

Going Lithuanian Hitman style with the pistol. Then, for now that is it. Time to take a look around the safehouse.

lpbrotocolp4s11.jpg

Turning on the TV, news about a law to restrict lobbying are presented, a law being promoted by Senator Darcy, who happens to be the father of Sean Darcy. Apparently they sought to do the same thing in Bloodlines here regarding background "lore". But without lulz late night radio shows of course. It is way better than the Radio in Fallout 3 and it sounds realistic, so it's a plus rather than a downside.

lpbrotocolp4s12.jpg

Also, some services are purchased, with what remains after buying several weapon mods and extra ammunition for the AR and for the pistol.

lpbrotocolp4s13.jpg

First, lets go with that prison where weapons are being stockpiled. Then Thorton asks Sean about the protocols as he appears on the TV. Not much of relevance in the conversation, besides the use of Dossier knowledge about the fact he is the son of Senator Darcy. Who happens to be the same man that is promoting a law to restrict lobbies, and he isn't very fond of his father and of the fact they are a bit overprotective of him because of his father.

And also there is a network of tunnels around the facility, so this may be a challenge after all, provided there is no invisible or arbitrary barriers to ruin it. Obviously, he suggests following lights and cables along the tunnels to not get lost(will be relevant provided the level design makes getting lost possible for a person who isn't a cretin, of course).

lpbrotocolp4s14.jpg

Thus it begins, several watch towers nearby.

lpbrotocolp4s15.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s16.jpg

First enemy down, no big deal.

lpbrotocolp4s17.jpg

After climbing the watchtower, some cash is found. The pistol scope is used immediately to spot enemies around.

lpbrotocolp4s18.jpg

Some shots are fired against an enemy in another watchtower, then he gets down.

lpbrotocolp4s20.jpg

One of them climb the ladder to shoot but is promptly killed. Nothing else on sight, time to get down.

lpbrotocolp4s21.jpg

Eventually reaching the other watch tower through the canyon.

lpbrotocolp4s23.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s24.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s25.jpg

With no further enemies found above, a cautious approach is made through the canyon.

lpbrotocolp4s26.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s27.jpg

Now, Sean suggests to avoid getting spotted because the place has lots of enemies. And there are three MH2B emplacements there as well.

lpbrotocolp4s28.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s29.jpg

The enemy movements are observed, but if necessary, they shall be shot.

lpbrotocolp4s30.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s31.jpg

Thornton Shepard gets down, still undetected, but eventually this changes one of the enemies on the topside spots him while he sought a hiding place beneath one of the buildings. Heavy fire ends wounding him.

lpbrotocolp4s32.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s33.jpg

Some of the enemies are dealt with, but more are coming.

lpbrotocolp4s34.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s35.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s36.jpg

The enemy equipped with the MH2B is not the sharpest tool in the shed, or his eyesight isn't the best around. I remember that scene from Saving Private Ryan where one of the soldiers used a mirror to "blind fire" a sniper. This sort of detail, no matter how meh it may look like, can actually make some difference because it would be cool to use mirrors for such purpose.

lpbrotocolp4s37.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s38.jpg

They are cleared out. Thorton carefully advances to take down further enemies.

lpbrotocolp4s39.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s40.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s41.jpg

Here goes the last medkit.

lpbrotocolp4s42.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s43.jpg

The power cable is supposedly nearby.

lpbrotocolp4s44.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s45.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s46.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s47.jpg

Extra magazine capacity is always welcome. Also, time to check some new dossiers.

lpbrotocolp4s48.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s49.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s50.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s51.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s52.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s53.jpg

Now time to hack into such prison's main computer, which is located in the basement, of course.

lpbrotocolp4s54.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s55.jpg

Bringing the scoped AR to this mission was a good idea. Lots of engagements at a reasonably medium distance happened so far.

lpbrotocolp4s56.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s57.jpg

All clear, apparently

lpbrotocolp4s58.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s59.jpg

Time to get inside.

lpbrotocolp4s60.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s61.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s62.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s63.jpg

As I suspected, all tunnels besides the ones leading to mission objective were barred. Linear level design at its finest. At least they are not blocked by invisible barriers.

lpbrotocolp4s64.jpg

More mole whacking along the way further through the tunnels. As before, the only "cover" being used is staying crouched. Then a grenade is tossed and it is a good time to get out of there.

lpbrotocolp4s65.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s66.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s67.jpg

Crafty fellow, crouching just in time. So far, specially after trying the shooting range, I'm thinking on going for the AR+Pistol as primary skills to develop. Screw 1eyedking's tutorial about poping moles from cover.

lpbrotocolp4s68.jpg

lpbrotocolp4s69.jpg

Alll the enemies at the area are taken down

lpbrotocolp4s70.jpg

Some good stuff, but should be saved for tight spots.

And with this, this partial update of the first mission is over.

Partial Veredict: This game is more enjoyable than Oblivion with Guns. The fact the plot, albeit being cliché, is believable rather than retarded helps a lot. In the "which is worse and why", linear corridor shooters are better than gigantic empty sandbox designed for LARPing IMO.

Still, it is no great game and from the level design so far I can't really compare it with Deus Ex. I don't know about the other "popamoles", and my disinterest for space opera is big so I'll never have the opportunity of comparing it with the two Mass Effects.

Also, would it be too hard for Obsidian to implement an optional first-person view? Considering it was built after an Unreal Engine, I don't think so.

So far, it is good for what it is.

Rest of the update coming later.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
yeah, the level design just plain sucks. no arguing about it.
not quite as bad as me2's though.

Cassidy

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
yeah, the level design just plain sucks. no arguing about it.
not quite as bad as me2's though.

I remember that Epic and Legend Entertainment hired some of the best mappers from the UnrealEd modding and mapping community for some of their older Unreal Engine projects(I don't remember which ones exactly). I can see how Obsidian would have benefitted from doing the same for this game. I don't expect they to really have any experienced people with mapping and 3d level design in their team, considering what they brought.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
epic did stuff like that on a regular basis, i think, not just for some older projects... at least i remember some dood who did a model for one of the ut games, got hired because of that, and then released a faces, eyes and hair mod for morrowind that had a lower poly count than the crap beth spewed out and looked quite orgasm inducing.

fastpunk

Arbiter
This is the worst mission in Saudi Arabia. The Airfield and Nasri's base are much better. But I do remember stealthing through this one, with the exception of the very last part when the chopper came in. You should try a stealth approach Cassidy, AP is pretty boring and easy if you play as a straight-up shooter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom