Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This FF8 LP is totally dead.

Cassidy

Arcane
spekkio said:
Cassidy said:
I've read most of the comics.
They are better than the rest of the thread IMO.
Hey, at least Andy didn't die during the tutorial... :roll:

180px-Comic_History_of_Rome_p_308_The_End_of_Julius_Caesar.jpg

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
You died during the fucking tutorial?! Jesus christ I gotta read that. You got balls leaving shit like that in though.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Update 09: Let's ride the fucking train!

Welcome back to Final Fantasy 8, kids. It's finally time to test out our mad skillz in a real mission.

update9-01.jpg

Selphie is the one waking us up here. Yeah, she's the responsible one. Don't forget to pick up the magazine on your desk. It's Weapons Monthly, covering all your weapons upgrading needs and it's also worth quite a lot of money.

Anyway, head out to the front gate and...

update9-02.jpg

Uh oh! Looks like that rascally rascal Zell is late! How will he manage to get here in just one minute?!

update9-03.jpg

Why, by surfing on some... fucking rocketboard or something!

update9-04.jpg

Of course, why on earth he'd even bother doing this in the first place is highly questionable. Something even more questionable however is his navigation!

update9-05.jpg

Where the fuck are you going, you stupid can of vomited up semen!?

update9-06.jpg

You don't have to circle around everyone, Zell!

update9-07.jpg

You're not cool, goddammit!

update9-08.jpg

I kinda like how nobody moves or says anything during all this, though, because that's basically what my reaction would be. Complete, utter silence. Good call, Squaresoft!

update9-09.jpg

Anyway.

update9-10.jpg

faculty.jpg
T-Boards are prohibited within Garden. Have you forgotten?

There's THAT word again. Although in this case It's just because Zell is a fucking idiot. Also, the T probably stands for Turbo. Or travesty. Maybe transexual. I suppose T can stand for a lot of things.

zell.jpg
Oops, sorry! But this is really cool. It may come in handy on a SeeD mission some day.
faculty.jpg
We'll be the judges of that. I'm gonna have to confiscate it. Look, all of you are members of SeeD, but... nevertheless, you're still students at this Garden.

Uh... wait, how do graduation work again?

faculty.jpg
Furthermore, because you are SeeDs, you must set an example to all others and abide by the Garden's rules. Understood!?

update9-11.jpg

Fuck yeah, let's hear it!

cid.jpg
You are to go to Timber. There you will be supporting a resistance faction. That is your mission. A member of the faction will contact you at Timber Station.
faculty.jpg
This person will talk to you and say, “the forests of Timber sure have changed.” At this time you must reply, “but the owls are still around.” That is the password.

Wow, it's like the game went all John le Carré on us!

cid.jpg
Just follow the faction's orders.
zell.jpg
Uh, just us three?
faculty.jpg
Correct. We have agreed to do this mission for very little money. Normally, we would never accept such requests, but...

Hell yeah, Headmaster Cid does what Headmaster Cid wants, bitches!

cid.jpg
Enough talk about that...

FOR FUCK'S SAKE, CID! Be a goddamn man for once!

cid.jpg
Squall, you're the squad leader. Use your best judgement based on the situation. Zell and Selphie, you are to support Squall and give your all to carry out the faction's plans.

Awesome. Alright, here are my orders: stay the fuck at home and make me a sandwich for when I come back.

cid.jpg
Oh, and here's a magic lamp. There's a devil living in it.
squall.jpg
Cool. I'll tame the shit out of it.

And tamed the shit out of it he did.

A word if I may. Diablos is basically a piece of shit if you fight him on low levels. However, since I made the decision to gimp myself by going all level 100... well, it's not worth showing my strategy of attack, heal, attack, revive, heal, attack. It's essential that you have a whole bunch of healing items/magic coming into this fight. Not only is it a very difficult battle, it also takes forever. That's essentially the main problem with leveling up: enemies just take longer to kill. Anyway, I'm sure nobody here's so stupid they're going to do a level 100 run (or play the game at all, hurr hurr). Whatever, Diablos is one of the most useful GFs in the game. Learn the no encounter abilities as soon as possible.

ALRIGHT! Two more things before we can leave this place: the first is to get Seifer's card. Cid has it, but we have to go up to his office to challenge him. No screenshot.

The second thing is actually a pretty lengthy sidequest that people have apparently dubbed “Zell's Love Quest” or something like that. It takes place at the library! Let's go!

heart.jpg
ZELL'S LOVE QUEST!!
heart.jpg

update9-12.jpg

Meet Library Girl with a Pigtail. Apparently she thinks Zell is hot stuff.

update9-13.jpg

update9-14.jpg

update9-15.jpg

And that's the first part of Zell's Love Quest!

FUN FACT: If you log on to the school database you can check up on 'Good-bye Pururun' and find out that it is in the possession of Raijin. Cool stuff. Yup. Sure is.

Alright. Less bullshit, more resistance faction assisting.

update9-16.jpg

Guess what we're going to do while we're passing through Balamb? Start the Card Queen sidequest!

update9-17.jpg

It's going to be awesome. Our first order of business is to lose the Minimog card to her and make sure she travels to Dollet and not Galbadia!

update9-18.jpg

With this done we can do a bunch of neat shit when we revisit Dollet.

Alright, let's board the motherfucking train!

update9-19.jpg

Hey, buddy, we're mercenaries on our way to thwart evil and stuff. I don't think we need to pay.

update9-19.jpg

Are you serious? What the fucking fuck! What kind of fucking low budget bullshit is this?!

Man, this train better be awesome!

update9-20.jpg

Oh blow me.

update9-21.jpg

IT'S THE INSIDE OF A TRAIN!!

update9-22.jpg

I left this in just because I love you all so much.

Let's talk to Selphie.

update9-23.jpg

She's singing a song about trains. I'm almost 100% certain that it was written by Barret Wallace. Here are the lyrics:

Train, train take us away
Take us away far away
To the future we will go

Short but sweet. Selphie says she'll join us later so let's check up on Zell and see what all the damn hullaballoo's about.

update9-24.jpg

Zell Dincht everybody. A couch makes him excited.

squall.jpg
...I'm glad you're so excited.
zell.jpg
They even have magazines here.

They have magazines.

Best. Train. Ever!

[Received Pet Pals Vol. 1]

Wait a goddamn minute. Pet Pals? Yeah, we're not going to take THAT along. Leave it, Zell.

update9-25.jpg

Oh, don't worry, it balances out quite nicely since we paid 3000 gil for this.

zell.jpg
Squall, y'know anything about Timber?
squall.jpg
Not too much.
zell.jpg
Thought so. Well, let me fill you in. Timber used to be a country surrounded by deep forests.
squall.jpg
Which explains why it's called Timber. Thank you.
zell.jpg
I wasn't done. 18 years ago, Galbadia invaded.
squall.jpg
And they cut down all the trees. Thank you.
zell.jpg
There's more. Timber fell quite easily to Galbadia.
squall.jpg
Alright, thank you. Great joke, too.
zell.jpg
Not finished yet. Timber is under Galbadian occupation. It's said there's a whole bunch of resistance factions, big and small.
squall.jpg
Alright.
zell.jpg
Yup.
squall.jpg
.......and?
zell.jpg
That's it.
squall.jpg
You're done?
zell.jpg
All done!
squall.jpg
.........................right.
zell.jpg
No prob!

I HATE YOU ZELL I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I FUCKING HATE YOU

update9-26.jpg

Oh hey Selphie.

update9-27.jpg

squall.jpg
You should get some rest if you're tired.
selphie.jpg
I'm really sleepy...
squall.jpg
You ok?
zell.jpg
Hey...? Huh? What the...!? Something's wrong with me too. I... feel... sleepy...

update9-28.jpg

It seems like Zell and Selphie feel victim to some sort of death gas! I don't think it's anything to worry about. Right, Squall?

update9-29.jpg

Squall?

update9-30.jpg

Oh...

update9-31.jpg

update9-32.jpg

..fuck!

update9-33.jpg

The hell's going on?! What--

update9-34.jpg

Whoa...

To be continued.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I guess you'll awaken after someone rings a bell, and have to fight the first Waltz then... oh wait.

Coyote

Arcane
It's a Final Fantasy game; swords > guns. Therefore, the gun is just additional support for him being retarded.

(Ward's method of attacking truly is retarded, though.)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Boys, girls, all you people in-between, my computer just fucking died and decided to take everything stored on it and blow its fucking nose with it. Luckily, going outside and buying a new computer was painless enough but oh my god I have to start FF8 from the beginning again! Godfuckingdammit!

Consider this thread upgraded, from "slightly abandoned" to "definitely put on hold"

:x

I'm too majestic for this shit...

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Andyman Messiah said:
Boys, girls, all you people in-between, my computer just fucking died and decided to take everything stored on it and blow its fucking nose with it. Luckily, going outside and buying a new computer was painless enough but oh my god I have to start FF8 from the beginning again! Godfuckingdammit!

Consider this thread upgraded, from "slightly abandoned" to "definitely put on hold"

:x

I'm too majestic for this shit...

Try a recovery tools if you can remove the drive and mount it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
SCO said:
Try a recovery tools if you can remove the drive and mount it.
Let's just say that if there actually was a drive to remove, this is what I would've done.

Eh, no worries, lads. I'll have your favorite LP ever up and running again in no time. :M

Andyman Messiah said:
Radisshu said:
I hate how all the characters are 15-18. Makes me feel old. Fuckers. I wanna fuck them so bad. Uh, fuck them up I mean.
Squall, Zell, Selphie, Irvine and Rinoa are all seventeen. Seifer and Quistis are eighteen.

That's another reason why I don't like Quistis, although I realize it's not her fault. What kind of a mad man would put a seventeen year old in a teaching position? I don't care how good your potential is, you're seventeen! Who the fuck thinks that's a good idea?!

Maybe not for a military training school (which shouldn't even accept students at their age), but for a school in the real world I would much rather have a exceptionally talented student with enthusiasm (of which I was one in some subjects) then brain dead teachers who don't give a shit because they realize they are stuck in a shitty job and are pretty much immune to being fired so long as they don't fuck their kids.

Cassidy

Arcane
I know how it sucks, having the luck of ending with 5 Civilization III Autosaves and a Save File simultaneously corrupted. Or maybe not because Civ III is a fun game. But anyway, good luck with this, and if you are sick of it, don't worry, just abandon it. It's not like anyone will take it seriously and personally and feel butthurt because the favorite LP they've been browsing suddenly was cancelled.

Or is it likely?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Overweight Manatee said:
Maybe not for a military training school (which shouldn't even accept students at their age), but for a school in the real world I would much rather have a exceptionally talented student with enthusiasm (of which I was one in some subjects) then brain dead teachers who don't give a shit because they realize they are stuck in a shitty job and are pretty much immune to being fired so long as they don't fuck their kids.
I don't want a seventeen year old to tell me shit. I don't care how much enthusiasm and knowledge they might have, they're seventeen years old and their basic skills generally include being know nothing assholes who haven't seen or done anything besides opening up a book. Experience is what I'm talking about, and that goes for military training just as well as for geography and english, and social studies.

Plus, I've reached some sort of spiritual age where anyone younger than me automatically pisses me off. I made a thread about it in General Discussion.

Cassidy said:
I know how it sucks, having the luck of ending with 5 Civilization III Autosaves and a Save File simultaneously corrupted. Or maybe not because Civ III is a fun game. But anyway, good luck with this, and if you are sick of it, don't worry, just abandon it. It's not like anyone will take it seriously and personally and feel butthurt because the favorite LP they've been browsing suddenly was cancelled.

Or is it likely?
Well, just to be safe I've had my army of trusty lithuanians surround my house. But I'm not going to abandon the thread. I will trainwreck FF8 all the way to the end...

:thumbsup:

...but it'll probably take twice as long as FF7.

:rage:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I almost forgot about this.

Here's to hoping we get MOAR soon.

Swamp_Thing_027_01-24-FC.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_02-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_03-04-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_03-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_04-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_05-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_06-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_07-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_08-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_09-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_10-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_11-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_12-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_13-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_14-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_15-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_16-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_17-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_18-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_19-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_20-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_21-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_22-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_23-24.jpg

Swamp_Thing_027_24-24.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom