Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's all play RPGcodex: CIVIL WAR! (New update!)

You must choose, Codex!

• Traditionalist Front

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grand Monocle Alliance

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Kool Kodex Koalition

• Ubermensch Crusaders

• Total voters

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I agree, let's fortify our position in the playground, while trying to forge an alliance with the KKK, undermining the ÜC position. :thumbsup:

And we took out a good chunk of the ÜC forces, something not to sniff at. Our manpower is much greater than theirs, our training is not up to par, nor are we as experienced. All in all, a 2.5 ratio isn't bad. The ÜC will end up without men if they keep this up.

laclongquan

Arcane
The problem is that the scouting force play the role of early warning system. YOu can eliminate them pretty easy but that tip your hand to us.

Because I favor military action doesnt mean I favor stupidity. The decision to send the refusal ahead must come from HQ, not that scout commander, patriot though he was. Which HQ will know that UC force will attack soon. Which mean GMA should not get buttrape so hard and so sudden. At the very least the forces between scouts and HQ will be alerted and be attacked first.

Second, the force is number more than 500. SInce they has been annihilated pretty much decisively, it mean attackers must number pretty damn high. At the very least equal to 500, and let their quality decide the battlefield. Not surprise factor mind you, because HQ know that UC is coming. And moving 500 men pretty much at the drop of your hat, no warning, not logistic preparation across rough grounds and chaotic environment of General Discussion... You are telling me to take that bullshit lying down?

:what:

That is an insult to a fellow :obviously:

ElectricOtter

laclongquan said:
The problem is that the scouting force play the role of early warning system. YOu can eliminate them pretty easy but that tip your hand to us.

Because I favor military action doesnt mean I favor stupidity. The decision to send the refusal ahead must come from HQ, not that scout commander, patriot though he was. Which HQ will know that UC force will attack soon. Which mean GMA should not get buttrape so hard and so sudden. At the very least the forces between scouts and HQ will be alerted and be attacked first.

Second, the force is number more than 500. SInce they has been annihilated pretty much decisively, it mean attackers must number pretty damn high. At the very least equal to 500, and let their quality decide the battlefield. Not surprise factor mind you, because HQ know that UC is coming. And moving 500 men pretty much at the drop of your hat, no warning, not logistic preparation across rough grounds and chaotic environment of General Discussion... You are telling me to take that bullshit lying down?

:what:

That is an insult to a fellow :obviously:
Hmm. Perhaps I should create a scale for map. The reason the UC was able to attack so fast was that 1. they were prepared and 2. they didn't have very far to go.

Also, the UC's soldiers had much better training then ours. We had what basically amounted to a quickly formed militia, they were full on Crusaders.

ElectricOtter

You stand atop a ruined building, overseeing the war-torn landscape. The ÜC was merciless with it's destruction. The GMA lands to the south were destroyed, and much territory was lost. You are the northern commander of this territory, and now that the primary commander of the Territorial Expansion and Conquest, 3rd Division is dead, you are the solitary leader.

On the bright side, your current territories are compact and well developed. When the GMA began rallying it's forces, the northern boarders were at little risk for a attack. Since the danger was to the south, this allowed time to construct a reasonably impressive base. If the ÜC try to finish you off, it won't be as easy as the first time they attacked. Interrupting your thoughts, a former GMA scout runs up to you. "Sir! The counting is finished! We have 168 able-bodied men, and 21 injured." You shake your head. "How many dead?" "Well, sir... it's hard to tell. Not all of the Crusaders have left yet, so we cannot do a thorough search. But we've definitely lost over 200 men. There was also 100 or so ÜC bodies." "Hmm. Not all of the ÜC forces have left, you say?" "Correct, sir. They were groups of them camping among the ruins. There wasn't many. Less than 2 dozen men, I'd estimate." "How many camps were there?" "Oh, I only saw a small cluster of them to the southwest, sir." "I see. Take your men and go help with the cleanup." "Yessir!" This news disturbed you. You already knew a lot of men were lost on both sides, but Crusaders staying in the former GMA territories? They could be preparing to finish you off, or move north and force the GMA out of GD. This land may be good, but the danger of staying here is great. You sit down and pull a map out of your bag...

A. Stay in your current territory, Übermensch Crusaders be damned

B. Move north into the Playground, meeting up with the current GMA territories there

C. Move into the as of yet unclaimed land of Adventure Gaming, taking advantage of the numerous natural puzzles and defenses of the landscape

D. Move northeast into General Gaming, with plenty of room to expand and stretch the reach of the GMA

E. Move into east GD, near the southern border of the Hosted RPG Forum Pool

laclongquan

Arcane
Aaaaah, a most famous victory~

In the word of Terry Pratchett, surely it's the product of School of warfare "at the end of battle deduct the number of your casualties from the enemy's casualties. If it's positive, that is a famous victory!"

ElectricOtter

>>run process "votecheck"...

>insufficient amount of votes to determine outcome

>process "update" put on hold until additional votes are found and processed

oscar

Arcane
The playground is a natural fit for our faction. To silly and light-hearted for the Crusaders, but requiring too much effort for the Channers.

ElectricOtter

Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated in a while. There were some family issues I had to help take care of (you have no idea how fucked up my mother's side of the family is), but everything is sorted out for the moment. Work has also been a bitch. The gist of it is some guys fucked up and I have to help make everything not broken. Oh well. The point is, I haven't abandoned this LP yet. I'll leave the voting open for another day and then update tomorrow

ElectricOtter

A decision has been reached. Northward, to join forces with TERRITORIAL EXPANSION AND CONQUEST, 2ND DIVISION!

After a few days rest and a long talk with your personal advisers, you decide that it is best to move north through the Codex Playground and merge with Territorial Expansion and Conquest, 2nd Division. All 189 of your men are ready to go. All salvageable materials were stripped from the buildings and loaded up in your remaining wagons. As soon as you give the signal, the march will begin. You look back at the ruins of the GMA outpost for a moment. Some day, you will repay the ÃœC in kind...

--------------

The Playground was affected more by the war than you expected. As soon as the first factions were formed, it became complete chaos. Everyone was ready for full-blown war. As such, almost all of the LP's were abandoned immediately. Wading through some low-res hentai pics, you sigh and wonder how many more days it will be until you reach GMA territory. Suddenly, you stop in your tracks. In the distance, you see a small set of undistinguished buildings. Odd. "Hey, hand me some binoculars!" "Uh, yessir!". Looking carefully, you see a inconspicuous cyan flag near a bonfire. You almost drop the binoculars in shock. How did the RPGWatch Counter-Strike Forces get here, in the south? It was a very small camp. You clear your thoughts. Right now, the most important thing was getting your men to safety. But how could you get past the Watch forces? You order your men to start pitching tents for the night. The abandoned LP's should provide reasonable protection against the eyes of Watch scouts. You call your adviser over and you begin to discuss what you should do...

A. Retreat south a little and stay there until you can contact backup. It's too dangerous to continue on

B. Attempt to sneak past the RPGWatch camp unseen

C. Set up your forces and wipe out the camp. There may be valuable supplies and you can always use the spot for a base

D. Detour east through Adventure Gaming

I'll post a updated map later. Night, guys.

C.

The foul RPG-Watch invaders taint this land with their very presence, and as such must be purged with extreme haste and prejudice.

ElectricOtter

*shameless bump*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom