Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Codexian Blood Bowl League

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker said:
Tsh. Castanova is the first one with a nice, original roster (name-wise). I fully support the high elves, for once.

Aiming for Maiming has your name. They think you're Cruising for a Bruising, and once you go down, we're going to be Howling for a Fouling!

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I see others have taken to the unoriginal naming players after Codexers route. In my defense, I'm playing Gobbos so I need a deep name pool to pick from!

My previous Codex teams were:
• Team America (Human) - Players named after American Presidents, War Heroes, etc. featuring the Ogre Robert J. Oppenheimer
• Emo Tearz (Dark Elf) - Players named after stereotypical emo message board usernames like BleedingWrists, My.Parents.Hate.Me, XxCryingInSilencexX and ~EMOtional_Boi~
• Robber Barons (High Elf) - Players were named after unscrupulous American industrialists like my star thrower John D. Rockefeller and catcher J. P. Morgan

Current team:
bloodbowllegendary20110.jpg

Not quite happy with my starting roster. I thought I had a 930k TV team, but I forgot the pogoer jumped up to 70k in LRB6. In the end, I figured a pogoer was more valuable than a bribe. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some bribes after the first match.

Now let's just hope I don't start against that Khermi team...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
In my defense, I already made around 90 teams on fumbbl... All the good naming schemes I could come up with I've already used. :p

Also, I figure using the names from my previous blood bowl let's play will please returning viewers.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Being a player on my teams is not a question of survival. It's a question of how many injuries and deaths you manage to cause before you're dragged kicking and cursing into the depths of hell to spit in the Great Devourers eye. :extreme:

Mantiis

Cipher
And the bloody Thrallers enter the ring:

vamps1.jpg

vamps2.jpg

I do not expect to get out of the group stage :D

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Mantiis said:

Holy shit! A sensible lineup for vampires :salute:
Too many coaches frontload with vampires and end up destroying themselves with lack of rerolls and thralls when OFAB strikes. The only thing I would've done differerntly is dumping 4 FF and a reroll in favour of an apothecary and a spare thrall.

If you can get a few spare thralls in and a +ag or +st on one of the vamps, those could get quite scary.

I hereby voulenteer for thrall reserve duty, on the condition that I get dirty player and kick on normal rolls :smug:

Mantiis

Cipher
I am banking on the +7 fan factor to give me +1 fame (at least) during games. If it wasn't a TV1000 cup then I probably would have got a vampire instead and used him as a linesman.

Thralls do not get names, they have no right.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Also Skyway as a fanatic :D

I would've made Anhaira a troll instead of KingComrade though, and put Cleveland Mark Blakemore down as the Looney

Inziladun

Magister
Oooh, this looks fun.
I've always sucked at blood bowl, but it's great fun. I've always had this nasty habit of getting too attached to my good players tho.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Not to worry castanova. I'm by no means a champion blood bowl mastermind. I've played it a bunch and I understand how the rules work, but I'm only around CR 155-160 depending on how well I've been doing in the last couple of matches on fumbbl.

That said root -- I understand the dissapointment with the lack of MB on tomb guardians. I inderstand why khemri got the crotch shot they did in lrb6, but I long for mummies too. If you draw ComradeCommisar early, just make sure to take out his wights asap. Ignore everything else -- the wights are the only players he has that are capable of handling the ball. Sacrifice a couple of skeletons to keep his mummies tied up and you should have a fairly solid chance of victory.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Just one team (Dirk Diggler's Dickgirl Dark Delvers) to go and we can be underway. Sweet!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
According to Mantiis in the other thread, they're either playing the last match in less than 12h or the match will be declared a draw for much :decline:

Calem Ravenna

Scholar
Excellent. Will follow this with interest.

Pity no one chose to play Halflings or Ogres though.

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
The Fops decide to kick off. Sadky it's a really short kick. Fans riot for a turn and the referee doesn't stop the clock. Turn 2.
A beastman picks up the ball and is screened by other beastmen. Two elves get knocked prone. In my turn I knock two lone beastmen down and lose my first elf in a 2+ dodge. Badly hurt.

Undead Phoenix moves his ball carrier to the flank where my lineelf hurt himself, builds a cage and pushes a catcher close to the sideline. He leaves most of the elves marked. For some reason I decide to blitz my catcher free with a lineelf who needs a GFI instead of letting him do it himself. I roll a 1 and it's a turnover. Probably should have rerolled. As I could have 2dice-blocked a chaos warrior and beastmen to free some guys for defense. My right flank is wide open right now.

He advances his cage and sends the catcher off bounds. KO .Said beastman and warrior knock their neighbors down. I try to get some elves to my exposed flank but fail another 2+ dodge. Another KO. Down to seven players. The ball carrier advances and I slowly get more players to my flank. The ball carrier is now in running distance from the endzone and still is decently protected. A chaos warrior causes a turnover by failing to block my blitzer. I try to block all direct ways to the endzone and decide to attack the cage corner. Both down. Reroll. Both down. He's one blitz away from scoring. Which he does.

0-1

That gives me two turns to equalize. My second catcher recovers. This is still possible! But I'm stupid again and only manage two get two players in scoring distance, a blitzer, who is marked a and one of my catchers. But I leave the warriors on the LOS unmarked to protect my ball carrying lineelf. He blitzes my catcher and knocks him down. He's marked by 3 players but can still get to the endzone with two GFIs and lots of dodges. For a reason unknown to me I block a beastmen with no tackle zone on my catcher and burn my reroll. My catcher now needs 3, 3, 2 and then two GFIs to reach the endzone. Without a reroll he fails the second dodge. Halftime. And a badly hurt catcher.

My thrower returns, it's 8vs10. I decide to try the same general tactic but don't rush my catcher that deep. After all I have more than two turns to score. This time I protect my thrower and my offensive guys by keeping the warriors marked. The first warrior gets causes a turnover, by rerolling skull-bothdown. I'm so gonna score now. A beastmen gets to play with the fans. Another KOed beastman on the LOS. But my thrower is exposed since a beastman can reach him with one single dodge. He only gets pushed even with rerolls. I blitz him free, pass, dodge and score. Three 2+ rolls and no 1.

1-1

Sadly all three KOed beastmen return. 9vs11. Another riot and another turn skipped. I feel confident to prevent him from scoring. But sadly it's another short kick. Girly elves can't even kick a ball! Three elves go down and the ball carrier is already on the LOS.

He stuns two elves in the center and moves his cage from the flank to the center. I focus my defense on the center and manage to stun two beastmen in return.

But he just pushes the lone guy who remained on the flank away and advances his cage a whole four squares. I facepalm. Only eight squares to go in two turns.

I again make a stupid mistake: I should have put Brummel next to Wilde.

game1image001.jpg

He blitzes Wilde and runs in for another touchdown (3+ dodge, two GFIs)

1-2

Only one turn left. It's over. I pass the ball to Wilde for one more SPP on my thrower. One more KOed warrior and a foul by a beastman follow, no casualties though.

I feel like I need to learn a lot on defense. And get a fucking kicker! Disappointing 10k in earnings for me.

You can confirm the game.

The Dandy Fops 1 - 2 The Furious Furries

Winning the toss, toastboy chooses to kick. Unfortunately for him, it's a poor one and I'm already comfotable a couple of squares behind my Line of Scrimmage waiting to see where the first weakness in his defense is. Despite it being the first game of the season, the Furry fans start a riot and the ref conviently forgets to stop the clock. In The Fops first turn Noel Coward trips while prancing away from a Beastman and like any proper Elf immediatly claims he's too hurt to carry on playing:

2janjmw.jpg

The Furries advance up the left flank, blitzing an Elf onto the side of the pitch, ready for a crowsurf next turn. The Elf toastboy entrusts with saving his catcher from meeting his fans fails his GfI - trips, and lands on his face. KO. I punish his failure by happily knocking the Elf into the crowd, another KO, and advancing higher up the pitch. WIth no Block or Guard and a 3-man advantage, I try to remain as conservative as I can. In his 4th turn, toastboy fails another 2+ dodge and he's down to 7 Elves. More cautious advancing by the Furries and in the Fops 6th turn, they finally get a chance to break open the cage around the ball carrier. A 1-dice block results in Both-Down/Both-Down:

25fk9x5.jpg

Taking no chances, I blitz a path to the Endzone and score. 1-0 to the Furious Furries!

zkpico.jpg

With two turns still to go this turn the Elves can still equalise. I make the mistake of placing my Beastmen too wide and toastboy takes advantage of this by weighting his left flank. 8 vs 11, but the Elves put on a good show. From the kick off a Beastman is blitzed unconscious and toastboy moves a catcher and blitzer into my half, guarding his ball carrier with his other players. More worried about his catcher, I knock him down with a blitz and then guard the area with all the players I can get over in time. A failed GfI puts my position under more strain than I'd like, but it's strong and should hold: which it does. James Abbott NcNeill Whistler badly hurting himself from trying to prance his way from the ground to scoring what would be a spectacular touchdown.

67m5oh.jpg

Half time: one more elf regains consciousness. 9 vs 10. Formations are largely the same as last drive. Kick-off event is Cheering Fans, extra re-roll to the Furries :)salute:). Turn 9, toastboy advances up my right flank - blitzing a Beastmen onto the edge of the pitch. In my turn I make two mistakes: one, I move the wrong Beastman to give me a 2-dice block with Seeker and second I do the block in question before moving Beastmen from my left flank to help defend. Predictably, even with a re-roll the best I can roll is both-down (Seeker even being stunned and only caressing the Elf in return).

2ih8h1k.jpg

Wide open now, toastboy pushes my Beast off the pitch - the crowd then knock him out, and then KOs another over on the LoS. For some reason he doesn't guard or move his thrower, so in my turn I make a last gasp effort to stop him - blitzing him with a Beastmen (3+ dodge succeeded) but roll double skulls. On a re-roll all I can manage is push. Of course, toastboy equalises on his turn. 1-1.

eg4jyt.jpg

All 3 of my Beastmen, eager for blood, rise from the KO box. toastboy's last unconscious Elf also staggers to his feet. 11 vs 9 for what should be the last drive. The Furry fans start another riot, distracting the ref with all their yiffing, which unfortunately doesn't help us in our search for the winner. The Dandy Fops once again fail to kick the ball deep and the Furries pick up the ball and cage in the centre. Keeping up their good form, the Elves stun two Beastmen on my right flank.

2qn8x7p.jpg

I bltiz down the left hand side of the pitch, making sure to keep my ball carriering safe at all times, a fact that perhaps stalled my progress. Unfortunately the Elves agility allows them to reform in front of my cage. In my turn 15, unable to guarantee the integrity of my cage, I take some risks and dodge/sprint my way to the Endzone. 2-1 to the Furries and the game is effectively over.

2uzedf6.jpg

With one turn left there is no way for toastboy to equalise. Lord Byron the blitzer, who'd had a great game, blitzed and KO'ed Plaguebearer. On my turn, we congratulate Lord Byron for his game in true Blood Bowl style - with a nice stamp to the face :smug:

rc9egz.jpg

Unfortunately, like a true German Elf, his high pitched screams of pain and thrashing about on the floor caught the attentions of the ref, who promptly sent off Gish-gors, despite the Beastman's cries of "I barely touched him, ref!"

2hqrpjb.jpg

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Since the match between the Ladies Club and Aiming For Maiming has been officially declared canon, there is no shame to get replay out and boy was it a mess.

The game doesn't start too well for me, despite being on the offence. It becomes quickly apparent that my I-don't-have-clue-what-am-I-doing formation won't stand much of a chance against the imposing wall of Orcs. I try to move the ball into the centre to widen my window of opportunity but place too much faith into my thrower, who promptly fails to pick up the ball. My very first turn ends in a turnover. Two Orcs Blitzers are able to waltz their way to the ball and put pressure on my defence. I gamble and lose while trying to get people from the front line, opening a huge gap that Ulminati is quick to exploit and the greenskins invade my half. Luckily for me, Ulminati tries a blitz (probably my ladies at the ball) with his troll, who fails his stupidity check. Soon afterwards my Blitzers are even able to badly hurt a lineman and a Black Orc, giving me more breathing space and the number advantage. I play way too aggressive and lose ball possession somewhere close to the centre. To make a long story short, the game escalates into a massive brawl on the pitch, leaving three of my girls KOed and Ulminati almost in ball possession when we reach half time.

One of the girls gets back on her feet, upping it to a 9 vs 9 (sadly not the Blitzer I would desperately need to prevent the inevitable onslaught). This is where things really start to get brutal for me, as one of my throwers gets KOed and another player badly hurt by the troll's mighty blow. Even worse , the enemy thrower manages to pass the ball to a Blitzer on the centre, making my situation even more dire. I manage to KO the Blitzer with the team's catcher but I'm unable to really get to the ball, so I try to stall certain defeat as long as possible. Things start to look better the last 3 rounds when another Orc Blitzer is pounded into the ground and I get the pressure on the ball handler. Either by accident or intentional Ulminati tries to move him out of the tackle zone and fails and the ball is suddenly free for the taking. With the intention of getting the ball as far away as possible and with one last reroll left to burn, I decide to grab the thing and make a run for it. It works, much to my own surprise, suddenly shifting a stalling game into a winning game. Ulminati makes a last ditched attempt to intercept but is tackled. Turnover to me. I keep on running. Four more spaces to go and no Orc close enough to blitz my lonely Blitzer. Ulminati experiences some sort of technical difficulties and can't move any more, leaving him helpless, so there are no last minute foul attempts. Last turn. I run, I score.

Thus the game ends with an unexpected 1-0 victory for the half naked ladies, no long term injuries/deaths (which was surprising, considering that my girls received a fair share of punches to the gut, specifically from the troll) and 50k as a reward but the game would have likely taken a drastically different end, if it wouldn't have been for the two badly hurt Orcs at the start and Ulminati's little screw up at the end.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Today, Nuffle was preciding over a field with green grass, a sunny sky and two teams ready to colour the day red with blood and make it rain on the opposition! The game went down without a hitch on the connection or anything of the like.

For those who want to watch the reply of a somewhat interesting match, link is HERE.

It was DeathBunny/Crimson's Nurgly Gangsters vs. Grunker's Necromantic Hordes!

I begin as reciever, and make the foolish mistake from the get-go of underestimating my opponent. I try a simple deceiving tactic; set up a cage on the right side of the pitch, draw Bunny's players there, and use my superior speed to take the ball down the left lane after tying Bunny's player's up. Bunny doesn't fall for it at all. I also fail to take opportunity of Bunny's two players placed two squares from the side-lines. My wolves go for a crowd-surf, but knock the opposition down too fast to make them crowd-surf.

I run the ball to the left side, and go for a running touchdown. Bunny marks me, and then tries, foolishly in my mind, to make a dodge with his Nurgle Warrior (AG2). He suceeds, and my ball-carrier is squashed, leaving me to ackknowledge a field-situation that leaves Bunny in firm control of the game! His gamble payed of very well. I do my best to defend, but my players are tied up really well by Bunny. I have no less than four players tied down by Bunny's beast of Nurgle. On two attempted 1D blocks, I'm hindered by Foul Appearance. On one dodge attempt, Tentacles grab me. Finally a single ghoul manages to inch away from the beast.

By gambling with the use of frenzy (a lot of risky 1D blocks that could end up in bad places), I inch my way to the ball-carrier, and get a block on him, ending Bunny's scoring opportunities.

First half ends
0-0

Second half begins with Bunny in control of the ball. This half, my extra re-roll really works for me, as Bunny loses his two pretty quick to both-downs he didn't want to pick. I attempt to get the ball-carrier down on several occations, but fail. At least a both down on a 2D block from a Nurgle Warrior on my Wight result in both down, and my Wight badly injures the Warrior.

Then suddenly, Bunny gives me a gift; he makes a mistake he discovers too late: Putting the ballcarrier in a fragile cage like so:

ROTTER
|
CHAOS WARRIOR -- Ball-Carrier -- BEAST OF NURGLE
------------------------------|
--------------------CHAOS WARRIOR

I negate the tacklezones with zombies, and put an extra one two squares above the rotter. I then use my werewolf for a 1D block on the ball-carrier, getting a pushed result. I push the carrier, which gives me a 2D block from an assist from the extra zombie. I knock down the carrier, pick up the ball, and run for it.

At this point, Bunny can still stop me, but his luck fucks him over. His first 2D block of? DOUBLE SKULL. No re-rolls.

I finish my business:
1-0 to Grunker's Dead Money

The next kick-off, with only two turns left, Bunny is a little overeager to hurt me, forgets the speed of wights and werewolves, and place almost all his guys on the line of scrimmage. I kick, and he picks up the ball with a rotter, protected by another rotter. He throws his blocks, and I run with two wights and two werewolves to his ball carrier.

He is then incredibly unlucky. Another Both Down on the LoS leaves me with four guys on his two by his touchdown line. I block with my wights, and now have two wolves which can in total make four 2D blocks, due to having frenzy.

First block: Pushed-pushed.

Second block: Pushed-pushed.

Third: Pushed-Both Down. :rage:

Fourth: Pushed... DEFENDER DOWN! :thumbsup:

I pick up the ball with the blitzing wolf. I now only have to make a single going for it roll, and it'll be 2-0, and a level-up for my wolf.

Nuffle is fickle though, and I fail the GFI, knocking out my wolf.

GAME ENDS:
1-0 in favor of Grunker's Dead Money

All in all, a match where we both played alright. I made some mistakes, but Bunny paid dearly for his mistake on the cage in the second half. It must be said though, that my touchdown was lucky since he double skulled on the first block used to setting up his defence when I had the ball.

BAD NEWS FOR MY OPPONENTS: My scoring werewolf got MVP, making it level-up. The level-up roll? 11. +MOTHERFUCKING AG ON MY MOTHERFUCKING WEREWOLF :yeah:

I've played Necromantic for half a campaign vs. AI, not a single +STAT... First roll of this cup, +AG. Awesomesauce.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom