Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's succeed a Dwarf Fortress! [Krash-ing for Fun!]

Phelot

Arcane
WHAT IS HAPPENING?! WHERE ARE MY UPDATES U CANT DO THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I just finished the dissertation - only need to proof-read it tomorrow (Tuesday) and then hand it in. So if you can wait until Tuesda evening (GMT), then I'll continue with my save - it's time for winter...

Phelot

Arcane
I propose you all wait for Sir Garfunkel to complete his term. After winter, you switch anyway right?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Yeah, hold on a bit, after all anyone else taking the save right now would take as much time as Garfunkel to finish his dissertation so no point in it really.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
GarfunkeL has a long and honoured reputation as a BRO. I say we cut him some slack :salute:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Ulminati said:
GarfunkeL has a long and honoured reputation as a BRO. I say we cut him some slack :salute:

:salute:

So the internet connection went AWOL at my house but because I'm a BRO, I grabbed my laptop and cycled back to uni to make the update since I promised to deliver tonight. That's how much I :love: Codex!

So let's get this ball rolling - I recommend Manowar as background music, especially "Overture to Odin", found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmWtxXiZsdE

Our Kennel is ready. It's situated inside the huge pen I built for the living stock:
zXe52.jpg

I also noticed that almost the whole pen has been trampled down to dust - there's only few tufts of grass left, dammit. Ravenous beasts! Need to build a new one, I guess.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
22nd Limestone

Nish Abirezum fell into a fey mood and claimed the clothier's shop! I wonder what will happen now...

8Tmvy.jpg

The bugger is married to Nish Romancehame, so hopefully this won't end in tears.

Who am I kidding? Of course it will!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
3rd Sandstone

Well, the bugger did something, allrighty. Not sure how useful, but it is... something...

GSaKr.jpg

We finally got some extra barrels done too so the stills can run full-steam. Except we're out of wood again. Oh well, at least some of us now have nice bedrooms:

0l8qY.jpg

Nice, smooth stone walls, just the way I like it.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
13th Sandstone

Dear Diary, guess what?

IMMIGRANTS!

Amost Zonokol,
Asmel Stukosem,
Ezum Matuletur,
Geshud Godenzolak,
Kivish Bistokdeduk,
Kol Olonikthag,
Likot Igamvabok,
Solon Medtobasrer and
Ushrir Zozkol

Ushrir will be recruited to the miltia, otherwise they are all useless.

Also, the well is finally done:

pMFME.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
27th Sandstone

So I haven't mentioned it much but I've kept up a little exploration project on the side, widening our existing tunnels in the hope we would hit gold or something. Couple of days ago we dug deeper, past the underground lake - and naturally struck ANOTHER cavern system, though this time without water. Naturally our stairs pierced its roof in the middle of the whole thing so we'll have to dig around to find a proper way down. So far we didn't see anything. The main room is four levels high, mind you, and it seems to run from east to west AND we can't see either end at the moment.

I sent JagreenLern to dig another tunnel so we can reach the higher slopes, see what's in there.

Also, Volourn is screaming for a crutch since apparently he's not content on lying in a hospital bed anymore. Except we don't have any. Stupid bastard, driving Estilerith crazy.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
5th Timber

Our new animal farm is ready:
vbqe8.jpg

It's little bit to the side from the entrance, with a tunnel inside leading to the hospital so we can grab some meat when necessary.

At the moment, ANUSBLAZE is doing pretty well - we have plenty of food of all sorts and plenty of drink. Loads of gypsum, granite, limestone and gneiss are being turned into toys, instruments, crafts and statues and plenty of schorls, wood opals and black opals are being cut into proper gems.

What we lack is fuel of some sort, in large quantities, so we could get forges up and running, though we haven't found any decent amounts of minerals either.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
18th Timber

A dwarf-caravan from Emensodel has arrived, just in time as we finished our previous batches of toys and trinkets for them. They also brought a liason with them. Apparently we are already an legend back at the Mountainhome! Stinking flatterers.

Our stuff is apparently worth 11,580 Dwarfbucks.

I decided to buy the following:
-fire clay x2 (to make water-proof jugs)
-wood x44 (to make more beds and start building up a fuel source)
-willow barrel (storage)
-alcohol barrel x10 (FOR ME, IT'S ALL FOR ME!)
-bucket x1 (storage)
-copper spear
-bronze crossbow
-bronze pick
-bismuth bronze shortsword
-copper battleaxe
-bronze short sword
-bronze pick
-steel short sword
-steel high boots
-steel buckler
-copper buckler
-bronze helm
-copper bolts x25
-crutch for Volly The One-Legged Retired Militia Commander

The bastards made a nifty profit off us but oh well. At least they'll come back next year for sure.

Oh, almost forgot - we made a trade treaty with them. I attached a list of the stuff they want:
O3X8u.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
2nd Moonstone

Winter is here AND FUCKING HELL THESE TINY BEASTS are invading us! They came from nowhere, bullshit, they must have arrived from the lower cavern. Geshud calls them "Crundles", ugly critters:

OUqvc.jpg

I've ordered The Red Armors to kill 'EM ALL!

AND THE BATTLE IS GLORIOUS:

0mNtO.jpg

jd2Vi.jpg

BNHsM.jpg

hQtnm.jpg

Hah, thanks to good weapons and bits of armour the militia is wearing, we easily killed the three pests roaming inside ANUSBLAZE.

And holy hell, one of our dead has risen from the grave! Sarvesh Shorastokol walks the upper cavern! I bet he seeks vengeance on me, the filthy bastard!

Cwre7.jpg

No time to pray, the militia better put him to rest for good!
the damn idiots are just standing there, around the haunting thing! Dammit!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Bloody hell, now we have Trogdolytes coming through the walls! The boys are on top of things, though:

hQtnm.jpg

And a giant earthworm as well! Where's my magma-pool when I need one?

Ah, appointing that lass to lead the militia was a great decision - the buggers absolutely slaughtered that nightmarish thing!

6clYi.jpg

7ZepE.jpg

GzcCf.jpg

IySvn.jpg

O0276.jpg

pceWu.jpg

eGQ4q.jpg

r9urj.jpg

:salute:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
24th Moonstone

Amost Zonokolo was possessed by a fey spirit or something, the bugger claimed the leather workshop.

Aaaand the end result is sure fine.

uiitC.jpg

Maybe we can sell them or something.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
4th Opal

WE.ARE.DOOMED.

WZvzP.jpg

I'm sure our legendary rope and trousers will save ANUSBLAZE now.

Okay, okay, let's not panic. The militia will sacrifice themselves and buy us time to put up walls in the lower tunnels to keep the beast out.

Kadol Thobgosmer, Fisher Worker, was its first victim, down in the lower caverns. :salute:

Ushrir Zozkol, the Wrestler, was its second victim, down in the lower caverns. :salute:

Now four members of the militia descend upon the Forgotten Beast, keeping it occupied until the other two surviving members get there.

HOLY SHIT THEY KILLED IT - THEY KILLED IT FOR GOOD

Firework.jpg

And we only lost two dwarves, plus couple of the militia are slightly injured!

3XhSw.jpg

Huzzah! Beer and rum for everyone!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
3rd Obsidian

We're building traps and blockading walls in both of the big caverns, to hopefully stall off future invasions like that. Before something worse crawls up. Now we have bugbats flying around. The militia will deal with them, I'm sure.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
15th Obsidian

Bloody hell! A giant mole just tore off Endok Logembekar's left hand and poor axedwarf bled to death. Revenge!

SPp9w.jpg

Phew. No idea how it avoided our traps. And now the militia is down to 5 members... need new recruits.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
1st Granite, 253

Ah, spring is here. Maybe now I'll get some peace and quiet and they'll let me return to my forge. Which doesn't exist yet. Oh well, such is life. Someone else can deal with the corpses and carcasses. lying around in the lower caverns. Not my headache now.

xJtzA.jpg

And you ungrateful bastards better build a statue to me, that's all I say. And I'm gonna go and tell that to them as well!

Thus ends the mysterious diary found in the ancient, decrepit old catacomb known as ANUSBLAZE

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Just curious, but why didn't you draft some of the less useful immigrants into the militia? I know that most of them probably lacked proper fighting skills, but at least they could take most normal enemies down with sheer numbers.

Anyway, good job! :salute:

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
:bravo:

I usually avoid emoticons, but GarfunkeL deserves it. That was fucking awesome.

Also, I think the dwarves of Anusblaze might have just invented S&M gear.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The Wrestler sounds like a true paragon of dwarfkind. That's some XTREME fighting done right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom