Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's succeed a Dwarf Fortress! [Krash-ing for Fun!]

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
Spring in Anusblaze, Codexian Year 256

From the journal of revered ancestor Theocrat President Chairman Captain Jagreen Lern, (henceforth Cpt. Lern or The Theocrat.) 5th granite: Good to back in Anusblaze. The dwarves don't know what to think of me. They figure I'm either here to bring in the golden age of Anusblaze, or to save the fortress from some great upcoming catastrophe. Next bit of free time I'll have to get the word out that I'm just here because I was kinda bored with the afterlife. Getting shitfaced all the time in the halls of the ancestors was fun, but with big monster souls coming from this place, I figured I was missing out on some good slaughter. Anyway, for my first order I had the Red Armors (great name) explore the lowest bit of the cavern complex. They found nothing of any real interest. Now the miners have begun to dig a new mineshaft, hopefully they'll soon find a new cave complex with some magma and more adamantine.

RfbHe.png

Theocrat's journal 7th Granite: Esterlith's butthurt at my little coup seems to have subsided a bit. He seems to have realized that there will be few serious changes. Now he's back to his old bullshit, bitching about the quality of his ducal quarters and issuing inane orders. I'll have the engravers get to work on his new rooms, but I'm not using pig iron from our meager steel industry to make him little trinkets. I don't know if the smiths would even comply with such a stupid order. Of course as Guard Captain I'll be the one who they bitch at when Esterlith orders one of them arrested for not complying with his inanity.

8bYdz.png

At least he isn't saying "screw you guys, I'm goin' home" like that dickhead from Raptorcraft. Although an inventory of our artifacts makes me think The Master of Butthurt might have been on to something with that "sexual deviants" remark.

ccgPk.png

Theocrat's journal 14th Granite: The engraving work on the ducal quarters is coming along nicely. Got to hand it Esterlith, he can sure pretty up a wall.

N2z5s.png

Theocrat's Journal 27th Granite: The miners have hit molten rock. Magma must be close. The miners are now at work locating a point from which we can access the magma.

Tr7eE.png

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
Mid Spring, Codexian Year 256

Theocrat's journal, 9th Slate: Esterliths keeps on bitching. The mason's are at work on the new things he wants for his room, but as to the quality of the rooms themselves, I don't know what to do. And the pig iron thing, well that's just fucking stupid. Not gonna happen.

EtBoB.png

Theocrat's journal, 13th Slate: A new group of immigrants arrived today. I suppose more bodies could do us some good if the miners dig up something nasty while looking for access to magma.

WGNVL.png

Theocrat's journal, 16th Slate: I've put the woodcutters to work in the lower caverns. Our wood supplies are a little low, and without any coal to make coke the smiths will need charcoal to start forging adamantine gear for the militia.

Xzgia.png

(more later today)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's not a proper dwarven fortress until there's a lever that'll end it all in fiery magma DEATH

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
I plan on doing an update later tonight. I have almost no experience working with magma, so I don't think I'll be able to bring magma access to the fortress, so my plan is to create a small secure magma-smelter area in the cavern once I can access actual magma, so that Anusblaze can start up a respectable metal industry. Anyone have any advice on how to get to actual magma from a point where I have located semi-molten rock? I don't want to do it wrong and incinerate our miners.

Krash

Arcane
The simplest way is just to breach the magma at a single point from above, and then build the magma forge/smelter so it covers the created hole (that way no nasties can get in). Also, save the adamantine until you have a legendary armorsmith/weaponsmith to make stuff out of it.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
Spring 256 in Anusblaze continued

Theocrat's journal 24th Slate: The miners have begun digging out a small magma reservoir. Once they're done, we can begin work on the floodgates and levers.

Theocrat's journal 2nd Felsite I have just put in an order for two metal floodgates with the manager. As platinum is both magma-safe and in good supply, our floodgates will be quite ostentatious.

Theocrat's journal 14 Felsite While I was assigning some of our woodworkers to make charcoal for floodgate construction, and elven caravan arrived. This should be interesting.

GjRUW.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvL4O3uomg

Theocrat's journal 18th Felsite Two bands of inane goblin raiders showed up while we where planning to rob the elves. Our militia sent them running without a single dwarven casualty. Stupid fucking goblins.

From the journal of Vucar Dakonoddom, broker, 22nd Felsite: The Red Armors and I just robbed the elven merchants. Took all their wood and a few cool looking animals, then told them to get the fuck out of Anusblaze. Elves are such pussies, and the Theocrat, whose idea it was to rob them, says that they're working for something called a "bourgeoisie". I have no idea what that even means, perhaps it's some sort of monster? It certainly would be easy for a monster to scare those pansy elves into working for it. Whatever it is, Jagreen sure seems to hate it.

Theocrat's journal 26th Felsite: Summer is almost here, and serious work on the smelter complex has just begun. I am in the process of ordering more magma-safe construction materials for this purpose. Hopefully the mechanics can get the first floodgate working before the poor trapped carpenter dies of thirst. Things aren't looking good for him at this point.

tAK2a.png

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
Summer 2Summer in Anusblaze, Codexian year 256

Theocrat's journal 3rd Hematite: The mechanics have been ordered to begin attaching the first magma floodgate to a lever. Lets hope they finish before that carpenter dies.

Theocrat's journal 10 Hematite: One of our dead miners has risen as a ghost, and now he's running around the place yelling incoherently. This fortress only has room for one undead miner. I'll ask the workers to expand the graveyard right away.

Theocrat's journal 19th Hematite: Some beekeeper went crazy and made a fancy blowgun. I was sort of excited when he took over the bowyers shop, thinking he was going to make us a nice crossbow, but no, he had to make a fucking blowgun. He used some of our adamantine too. At least he didn't make more bondage paraphernalia. And the blowgun has a quite an epic scene depicted on it.

mefqj.png

Theocrat's journal 20th Hematite: The first magma floodgate is working, and in time to save the carpenter too.

Theocrat's journal 23 Hematite: A great beast has emerged from the caverns deep below the fortress. Our militia has slain many such creatures in years past, and I can only hope they are as successful this time around.

deDkz.png

Theocrat's journal 3st Malachite: The beast has been handled without any militia losses. The second magma gate has just been attached to a lever, as well. A good day for Anusblaze, I'd say. In a few days, the miners will breach the rock around the magma sea, the magma cistern will be filled, and construction of the smelters can begin.

Theocrat's journal 9th Malachite: Magma is flowing into the cistern. In a month or so, Anusblaze will have the beginnings of a thriving metal industry.

Theocrat's journal 13th Malachite: A new wave of migrants has arrived. I've ordered the miners to start digging out more living quarters.

Theocrat's journal 18th Malachite: The magma cistern is full, the gates work just fine, and when the miners have a spare moment they'll dig a few holes in the floor for us to build the smelters over.

4dCxx.png

zbrl0.png

(sorry if the numbers are don't stand out, I couldn't figure out how to change text color)

Theocrat's journal 8th Galena: The metalworking complex is complete. Anusblaze can now begin large scale metal production without having to worry about fuel.

OyD9U.png

LONG LIVE THE DWARVEN WORKING CLASS!!!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Excellent!

Now, make a pump stack to bring magma to the surface and a secondary resevoir up there with a floodgate that opens in front of the fortress entrance! Burn the next elves who dare approach Anusblaze!

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
JagreenLern said:
Fucking crash. In the middle of a siege too. Before I start again, can anyone tell me the best way to defend Anusblaze?

Pull the lever next to the Trade depot to close the main gate, then pull the lever behind the ballistae to open the safety cover, hen go through each ballista and set it to prepare to fire. When the filithy gnomes pile up infront of the gate set the ballistae to fire at will and watch the fun. Station the squads behind the main gate and use them to finish off the fleeing enemies.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
Muty said:
JagreenLern said:
Fucking crash. In the middle of a siege too. Before I start again, can anyone tell me the best way to defend Anusblaze?

Pull the lever next to the Trade depot to close the main gate, then pull the lever behind the ballistae to open the safety cover, hen go through each ballista and set it to prepare to fire. When the filithy gnomes pile up infront of the gate set the ballistae to fire at will and watch the fun. Station the squads behind the main gate and use them to finish off the fleeing enemies.

Thanks. That will definitely help.

So, I'm thinking of having our stone stockpile gradually moved to the muddy cavern under the fortress, so the dwarves will almost never have to go outside. What do you guys think?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
JagreenLern said:
So, I'm thinking of having our stone stockpile gradually moved to the muddy cavern under the fortress, so the dwarves will almost never have to go outside. What do you guys think?

Go for it! We need everything indoors for whenever our lazy leaders get around building the pump stack I'm mandating to flood the surface with magma.

Destroid

Arcane
Probably easier to simply remove the stockpile and leave the stone where it is, the fort is full of stone anyway.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
Summer 256 continued

Theocrat's journal 11th Galena: The magma smelters are up and running just fine. After reviewing the finish complex, I've asked the workers to move the forge over a bit to keep any magma creatures from getting in to the fortress. I've also ordered the haulers to bring some of our stone stockpile into the muddy cavern below Anusblaze. Not anywhere near most of it, but enough that our masons can have access to stone during a siege without exposing themselves to the dangers outside the fortress.

Theocrat's journal 13th Galena: A force of goblins has arrive outside the fortress. I hope I can get most of our haulers back in the fortress before I have to close the gate.

Theocrat's journal 15 Galena: I'm closing the front gate and ordering the militia to take up positions inside the trade depot. Any dwarves still outside are on their own. Hopefully the human traders and their guards will soon and relieve us.

Theocrat's journal 18th Galena: The goblin scum are at the entrance to Anusblaze. Our traps seem to be holding them off just fine. I hope the cowards don't run off before we get a chance to use the ballistae.

Theocrat's journal 19 Galena: VILE TREACHERY! A human force has arrive, and apparently sided with the fucking goblins! All of these filth will be made to pay for the dwarven worker's they've murdered.

Theocrat's journal 25 Galena: As if the siege weren't enough, troglodytes have started harassing our workers in the muddy cavern. The Red Armors will deal with them.

( I will try to do another few months later tonight)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom