Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play King Arthur: Amulet of Sir Marrick

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
01.jpg

Camelot is in peril. Barely victorious from the western campaign, King Arthur and his legendary knights of Camelot is beset with armies of specters. Nearly invincible to steel, these foes appear only at night, terrorizing the countryside. Vanquishing them proved to be a temporary measure, they will return the following night with even stronger force. A permanent solution must be found....

02.jpg

Complicating matters, the alliance with the Saxons is in tatters. Rebellion in eastern Britain forces the King to summon his greatest Knight-Commander, Sir Kay and his band of elite Knights to quell the rebellion. Will the force of Christianity prevail against the otherworldly darkness? Only time will tell.

03.jpg

Gloucester - Winter

aly.jpg
Welcome back, Commander. Fancy a seat by the warm fire?
kay.jpg
Thank you, brother.
mark.jpg
How goes the meeting with the King?
kay.jpg
His Highness wishes us to destroy the rebel forces first, retake Saxon before dealing with the ghostly army.
gar.jpg
Seems like a wise idea, destroy what we know first.
kay.jpg
Alymere, how are the soldiers?
aly.jpg
Ready as they ever be. The horses are well fed, armor is polished. The King's advisers and merchants have provided us with everything we need. In fact, the Saxon Knights are getting restless...
mark.jpg
They want to retake their homeland...
kay.jpg
Unfortunately, that will have to wait.
gar.jpg
You are going against the King's wishes?
kay.jpg
Not exactly...we'll more than soldiers to win this.
mark.jpg
You're not thinking of...
kay.jpg
Yes.
aly.jpg
I don't quite follow...what are you speaking of.
kay.jpg
The Divine Legendary Christian artifacts.

Sir Alymere's eyes grew wide, failing to hide his excitement. He rose from his seat and gazed at the Knight Commander with a smile of anticipation.

aly.jpg
*Clenches his fist.* When do we start?
kay.jpg
Next spring... *Pokes the fire with a branch.*

-Next Spring -

04.jpg

kay.jpg
Barbarians of the North, you have one chance at this - surrender Sir Marrick's armor or suffer the wrath of Arthur's finest!
fen.jpg
We took this fine armor with steel and you wish us to surrender it through words alone? Draw your blades, men of Camelot!
aly.jpg
I'll plough that whore myself once this is over.
mark.jpg
And taint yourself? I wouldn't risk it.
aly.jpg
Tch, I was referring to my blade.

05.jpg

kay.jpg
A river runs through our objective. Speed will decide this battle. The northerners rely on a token force of giants and their four champions, slay these and victory is assured.

06.jpg

kay.jpg
Three victory points at our side, and four at theirs...two river crossings....we'll go by the southern crossing.

07.jpg

mark.jpg
You heard the Commander, form ranks! Two ranks of cavalry, each to capture one strategic point. The bulk will head to the southern crossing.
aly.jpg
Preparations complete. The men are in horde formation and ready to move, Commander.

08.jpg

kay.jpg
To battle!

09.jpg

The southern crossing is the target...

10.jpg

Initial strategic points capture completed.

11.jpg

kay.jpg
Halt! Gareth! Hit them with your magic!
gar.jpg
With pleasure!

12.jpg

13.jpg

gar.jpg
They've erected an anti-magic barrier! I need to switch to instantaneous spells once the barrier is down.

14.jpg

kay.jpg
Save it for later. We're moving out! Westwards!
aly.jpg
Eh? Why?

15.jpg

mark.jpg
I am unsure myself, the northern crossing is no better...if you ask me, there's no better time to rush southern crossing than now...

16.jpg

kay.jpg
I was merely drawing them closer to the shore...turn around and charge!

17.jpg

aly.jpg
Alright, bastards! Onward!
kay.jpg
Archers, Alymere! Hold spell! Gareth, burn them!

18.jpg

The two knights perform their respective spell, cutting down the enemy's effective archers by nearly half. The savage northern champions have no answers to these instant casts.

19.jpg

kay.jpg
Switch wedge formation as we draw close. Archers, initial volley then march onwards!

20.jpg

kay.jpg
Damned fog! No matter! Pierce them with our lances!

22.jpg

The two northern champions fought valiantly, but they were outnumbered by the rushing knights.

aly.jpg
On guard, savages!

23.jpg

kay.jpg
Giants, after those fleeing archers, cavalry, flank and capture!

24.jpg

kay.jpg
Marvelous! Archers, what the bloody hell are you waiting for?!

25.jpg

kay.jpg
Cross now! Sir Mark, show them your flaming dragon!

26.jpg

mark.jpg
Be purged!

27.jpg

kay.jpg
Incoming giants. The enemy's crumbling, Gareth, disabling spell!
gar.jpg
I cannot guarantee it will work against resistant giants...
kay.jpg
Just do it!

28.jpg

kay.jpg
It worked! Archers, cross and ready to volley!

29.jpg

30.jpg

kay.jpg
We've got this...finishing blow!

31.jpg

32.jpg

:yeah:
33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

RK47

Patron
With the military matters settled for now, the knights retire and answer some social calls...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

aly.jpg
(It would be rude to demand a dowry from a dying man...) I accept, milord.
04.jpg

05.jpg

Unfortunately, Lady Sebille turns out to be a malevolent and deceitful woman. Two qualities that are necessary for a relentless merchant perhaps?

06.jpg

Sir Alymere returns to the war camp.

kay.jpg
Welcome back. I trust everything went smoothly?
aly.jpg
I don't think His Majesty gained much from it, I suppose Lady Sebille might have her uses in the court.
kay.jpg
Don't get off your horse, yet. We're riding towards the rebel province.
aly.jpg
It's time?

07.jpg

kay.jpg
Not exactly, we're after the second artifact...but the rebels are not really out of the way, so we'll hit one...and move on.
aly.jpg
Fine by me. Let's ride.

08.jpg

10.jpg

mark.jpg
These rebels are nothing more than armed peasants...the nerve!
gar.jpg
I spotted a few armored cavalry and heavy infantry....otherwise they have no one in command. Permission to unleash horrible burning death?
kay.jpg
Let's sweep them, punish the traitors...

It was an especially hot summer that morning...

11.jpg

The rebel army, without a leader to guide them, scatter in all directions. The armored knights proved nothing but a minor inconvenience, Sir Alymere's holding magic turned them into target practice for the archers.

12.jpg

The wrath of Arthur's finest unleashed....

13.jpg

Cries for mercy went ignored...

14.jpg

15.jpg

Few survived the judgment.

16.jpg

RK47

Patron
Pierce the Shrouds

01.jpg

The Blade of Sir Merrick, one of Divine Legendary Christian Artifacts was lost to an Unseelie Army many years ago. Time is running out, Sir Kay's charges must defeat the Unseelie before they retreat into Bedegraine Forest, beyond their reach.

02.jpg

The Unseelie possess violent strength and dispenses with morality in order to achieve their goals. Tales of kidnapping and outright slaughter of innocents surround their myths. Their fearsome Winterborns and Autumnborns form the bulk of their forces, a heavy infantry capable of fighting effectively in forested terrain. Those are nothing compared to the legendary Unseelie Archers whose visions are capable of piercing beyond the thickest mist. And to top off the Unseelie army, the Unseelie Warriors will provide the power role. Few in numbers, these large warriors are capable of concealing themselves in the mist and perform deadly ambushes.

03.jpg

aly.jpg
This mist is highly unnatural...
kay.jpg
Indeed, we've waited days for it to clear, but it never does...
gar.jpg
We can't afford to delay, they might disappear for good into the mists.
mark.jpg
I can't even see them from here...
kay.jpg
Don't even bother. We need to move quickly. I suspect they may lay multiple ambushes..but we have mobility on our side. Let's ride!

04.jpg

The terrain is generally unfavorable to the attacker. A small bridge lay ahead to the second strategic point...or a small river crossing to the west will provide an alternative. But most of the time, the attackers won't even have a chance to secure the second point.

05.jpg

kay.jpg
Ride like the wind!

06.jpg

aly.jpg
I see them!

07.jpg

kay.jpg
Strike to kill!

08.jpg

gar.jpg
Look out! The enemy's commander!

09.jpg

mark.jpg
Burn!

10.jpg

kay.jpg
Incoming arrows! Breakthrough, quickly! Gareth, we can't return fire in this fog!

11.jpg

gar.jpg
I invoke the Dragon's Eye!

12.jpg

kay.jpg
Obstacle cleared! Onward! Don't give them a chance to regroup!

13.jpg

Yet another ambush as the fearless knights charge forth at the archers. The battlefield is firmly under the enemy's control.

16.jpg

kay.jpg
We can't outrun those arrows, run them down! Forget the strategic points! Kill them all!

18.jpg

Arrows poured forth from the skies, as few knights begin to fall. The Unseelie Warriors are holding up the charge as they emerge from the mists.

aly.jpg
I can't keep this Invisible Shield for long...we need to deal with those archers...

19.jpg

Our archers attempt to inch closer as the Dragon's Eye spell wears off..

20.jpg

Only to be ambushed by a group of Unseelie Warrior! Dozens of our archers fell before the knights could respond. Interestingly, the Unseelie Archers focused their fire at our archers as well...

kay.jpg
All or nothing! Now!

21.jpg

22.jpg

The charge broke the last Unseelie regiment, and Sir Kay's army emerges victorious!

23.jpg

Another Divine Legendary Christian Artifact within our grasp.

24.jpg

25.jpg

Battle Review:
Strange. It seems the patch did wonders to the mounted knights survivability. And I question the AI starting a multi-stage ambushes in open plains...despite their initial fog advantage. It wasn't a bad idea, just poorly executed. There was never any meaningful delay. Would've been better if they piled a lot of infantry at once to tie us up THEN rain the arrows at once. Ah, well.

RK47

Patron
ghostdog said:
undead Arthur comes back.

Yeah, what can I say, I got burned out by the game. I'm gonna take it easy now...there's a lack of 'new next gen game' lately.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

Traitorous Knights of the Old Faith has captured The Banner of Gorlois - one of the piece of the Divine Legendary Artifact. Sir Bedwyr has allied himself with the Unseelie army and form a small force to take it back to the Bedegraine Forest. Only Arthur's Champions stand in their way.

sir.jpg
You dare to stand against the forces of Old Faith?
aly.jpg
The bastard looks like me!
kay.jpg
Perhaps it's the armor alone, the knight beneath is a lesser man. Gareth, report.

03.jpg

gar.jpg
I've completed reconnaissance, six dozen Unseelie archers, the knight heretics are leading a band of Winterborns each with light autumnborn as support. Lastly, two mobile light horsemen completes their force.
kay.jpg
This should be easy. *Unrolls the map*

04.jpg

kay.jpg
We start at a slight advantage. Many open fields in our sight with a medium clump of forest to the west. We'll set our archers there. Our riders will take all the field.
mark.jpg
We're striving for battlefield control then?
kay.jpg
Aye, rushing into those archers on their terms would be suicide. Remember, each one of them can fire three at once. Sir Mark, lead the charge. Their light cavalry cannot stop your Sangreal Knights.
mark.jpg
Aye, Commander, they shall burn in my Divine Flame.
aly.jpg
Enemies on the move! As predicted, their light cavalry are breaking to capture!

07.jpg

mark.jpg
Ride with me, Knights! Onwards!

08.jpg

kay.jpg
The shrine slightly to the north of us will nullify any magic within its radius. Take care not to stray too close to it, Sir Gareth.

09.jpg

Arthur's finest achieves slight advantage...with more to follow as Sir Mark clashes with the light cavalry.

10.jpg

mark.jpg
Fear the Dragon's Strike!

11.jpg

kay.jpg
*Looks on from a distance* He is starting to outshine you, Alymere...
aly.jpg
The old man's flame burns brightest...but I have my own tricks...

12.jpg

With Sir Mark's quick interception, the enemy cavalry failed to intercept the third point capture. A second wave of cavalry smashes into Sir Mark's Knights, desperate to break through.

13.jpg

Only to fail, again.

15.jpg

14.jpg

aly.jpg
Looks like they've moved the rest of their forces to our western point. Shall we move in?
kay.jpg
No, I do not relish a hundred arrows raining on our knights...take the rest of the mobile forces to the north. Get ready to strike on my signal. Archers, get ready....

16.jpg

Sir Kay's longbowmen pulled their bowstrings back...

17.jpg

Sir Alymere's knights are in position to strike, as Sir Mark joins him on the field.

18.jpg

Suddenly, the sky grew dark.

kay.jpg
Hold on to your bowstrings...Gareth, you know what to do!

The Knight-Mage invokes the power of the Horn of Dawn. A gift from the Lady of the Lake. The darkness split apart as the sun shone through to the cheers of many.

kay.jpg
Let loose with the arrows!

20.jpg

aly.jpg
That's our cue! CHARGE!

19.jpg

21.jpg

Dozens perished under the onslaught. Sir Alymere unleashes his paralyzing magicks to prevent the enemy champions from reacting.

22.jpg

mark.jpg
Fall, heretics!

23.jpg

The disorganized force couldn't muster meaningful resistance as Sir Alymere strikes down their champions one by one.

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

The Banner is ours.

Yes. Your eyes aren't fooling you...

+2 Leadership is shit.
+3 Reign is debatable and non combat
Additional +3 Leadership is also shit.
Yet...the final 3 piece set bonus....HERO ATTACKS 3 OPPONENTS AT ONCE

Pop-a-mole. :retarded:

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
One of the things that kinda annoyed me about this game was how they kept making you pick between 2 knights that were actually in the stories as the knights of the round table.

Sir Gawain or Sir Tristan

Sir Percivale or Sir Bedavire

Grrrrrr

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

The last piece of Sir Marrick's Divine Legendary Christian Artifact remains...

02.jpg

The sword grants amazing combat bonus to its wielder.

+3 Fight
+1 Cleave - Unlockable
Hero attacks +1 opponent - With 2 Set pieces
+1 Dragon's Strike - With 3 Set pieces

03.jpg

While the armor protects its wearer.

+3 Fight
+ 3000 HP - Unlockable
+4000 HP - With 2 Set pieces
+30 Mana - With 3 Set pieces

04.jpg

The holder of Sir Marrick's Amulet is holed up within King Cynric territory. Camelot has no alliance with them and their borders are closed. To venture within would mean a declaration of war.

05.jpg

So be it.

06.jpg

Fearsome. The three King's Guards are elite armored knights, backed with Deepwood Archers. Best not to fight them on fair grounds.

08.jpg

On paper, it looks like both have equal VP distribution, but in truth, the starting ground for us is full of swamps and marshes...slowing down our progress.

09.jpg

Nevertheless, we press on.

10.jpg

Bogged down by terrain, we are unable to seize the VPs first.

11.jpg

The enemy cavalry challenges ours in the open field.

12.jpg

We accept, but not before we start a flanking capture with our cavalry.

13.jpg

As our archers prepare to unload at the onrushing cavalry, a thick fog descend upon the battleground!

14.jpg

It's a mere inconvenience as Sir Gareth's Dragon's Eye light the way.

15.jpg

The enemy charges were half nullified by Sir Alymere's and Sir Gareth's holding spells. Archers turned the furthest one into target practice as our knights clashed with theirs.

16.jpg

Nothing we can't handle.

17.jpg

Soon, the fog dissipated and their deepwoods archers moved into position. We start harassing them with Curse of Shadows.

18.jpg

In the confusion of the melee, a small detachment of the enemy's King's Guards broke through towards our archers!

19.jpg

The giants were sent to deal with the problem.

20.jpg

As our knights silence their archers.

21.jpg

Unfortunately, I've miscalculated. The giants were slaughtered by the enemy hero. I decided to let it go...their sacrifice will never be forgotten.

But this victory means Sir Marrick's Artifact is complete!

22.jpg

Sir Mark will bear the full set.

23.jpg

Total Unlocked Bonus so far:

Sword of Sir Marrick
+9 Fight
+1 Cleave
Hero attacks +1 opponent
+1 Dragon's Strike
+7000 HP - With 2 Set pieces
+30 Mana - With 3 Set pieces

The amulet unlockable property is very useful. It gives a +2 Spell Weaving. What does it do? It grants the wearer +1 Mana per enemies killed in melee. Something that always happens when Sir Mark is around...and that means infinite Dragon's Strike :smug: Just have to kill 300 soldiers to get it.

24.jpg

The trespass into King Cynric's territory was answered with a declaration of war. We'll have to deal with those in time....but for now...we're still on the hunt for the final piece of Gorlois' set...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom