Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Change of plans. ditch shadowdancer, go assassin, slit the cleric and paladins throats.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ulminati said:
Change of plans. ditch shadowdancer, go assassin, slit the cleric and paladins throats.

You will be VERY pleased with how this quest ends. :smug:

Norfleet

RK47 said:
Looking forward to my Weapon Finesse.
Should be helpful, although even then, your attack rating will be nothing to write home about...unless you get all those crazy dex boosting items. Like those shoes you mentioned earlier but didn't get. Ah, well, surely there will be better versions later.

RK47 said:
And I wouldn't worry about dying in this tomb, since I have a level 7 Paladin and a Cleric with me.
Can they be killed, even, or are they plot required and will therefore never actually die?

RK47 said:
It's really a matter of knowing when to pull out. The funny thing is, the AI will have more chance to die actually. They run through traps and had to be babysit. They also love to cast heals in front of the enemy.
The AI's stupidity when it comes to dealing with those is what makes them extremely powerful, yes. You should very much discourage them from ramming into them and setting them off: It prevents you from recovering them for your own use! If they will listen, try to get them to hold their position so you can cloak and scout ahead, de-mining the place (and collecting them for your own use!).

RK47 said:
LP Comment: ...This paladin's Lawful good? Really?
Well, technically, there is nothing in the paladin code that forbids being rude and downright tasteless and crass.

RK47

Patron
I'm going for full Dex. I did get the boots. :)
This couple can die. If one of them dies, the other will go berserk, turning hostile...and screaming, "You Killed Him/Her!" Kinda disappointed with that, TBH. This is a common problem I face with most companions in OC, but down here, it's perma-death and breaks the quest flow. :(

Oh, the funny thing is, I recall a Paladin would fall if he drinks himself silly in TOEE.
So...he can't get drunk, but he can partake in carnal desires?

ranceH.png

kazgar

Arcane
hey, in this multi-god universe, a deity needs all the followers they can get, so what better way to get them then to make your holy warrior procreate.

onwards, to find the holy golden dildo!

lightbane

Arcane
In the grim world of Dance with Rogues, even Paladins are perverts. That, or the paladin is played by a 15 years old kid.

Breaking Axe

Educated
Paladin broke his oath when he lied to the captain. He should fall for that if nothing else.

Lindblum

Augur
I won't settle for anything less than Aisha leaving the temple alone.... with all their possesions.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 33: The Dark Hole

We awake much refreshed, and return to our explorations.

55.jpg

chris.jpg
Hmm. I don't see a lock, or a key hole.
ai.jpg
Neither do I.
chris.jpg
My order must have sealed the door after they cleansed the temple, so the plunderers won't put their hands on the dangers resting down below.
ai.jpg
Let's search for a another way, then.

Whatever it is, it must be magical. The whole door is practically bathed in a radiant white light.

56.jpg

The third door leads to another torture chamber.

57.jpg

Looks like the corpses refuse to stay dead!

58.jpg

Myra calls upon her God to turn the undead. We dispatch the fleeing undead easily.

59.jpg

I eye a lone lever near the corner of the room.

60.jpg

It opens the door to yet another trapped corridor. No problems for my fingers.

61.jpg

Looks like trouble. I better get the party back lest they trigger the trap!

62.jpg

With the undead in tow, we engage it in a more favorable position.

63.jpg

Another undead appears from the dark corner of the corridor.

64.jpg

I call Christiano to return to our spot and avoid triggering the trap. The undead slave fell under our onslaught.

65.jpg

What an outfit.

myra.jpg
Absolutely scandalous!

Christiano looks at her questioningly.

myra.jpg
Those...clothes! I don't want to know what these creatures were used for in life!
ai.jpg
You're probably right..
chris.jpg
We'll put an end to this!

Doesn't matter. I grab the whip and the armor. They're both magical. It's gotta be worth something! The two cells reveal nothing of interest...except for a hole on the third cell.

66.jpg

A dark hole is carved into the floor. I cannot see the bottom of it. The walls are smooth, making it impossible to climb up or down.

chris.jpg
Hm, now what?
myra.jpg
We may have to go down, dear. What do you think, Aisha?
ai.jpg
I think we need to go down, as well.
chris.jpg
Easier said than done. They forgot to install a ladder, methinks. Does anyone have a rope we could use?

LP Comment: Yes, the game will hint that you forgot to bring a rope. At this point, it doesn't seem to impact it much, except I heard that bringing a rope gives XP bonus for preparedness.

I shrug. Why didn't I think of that? Hmm.

chris.jpg
Damn. Well...

He steps closer to the hole and tosses down some rubble. It takes two or three seconds before we hear it hit the ground.

chris.jpg
This is not too deep. I think we could just drop down. The problem is, how do we get back up?
myra.jpg
I won't drop down into this dark stinky hole, forget it! Do you have an idea how heavy my armor is? And don't even think about leaving me alone up here with those...things!
chris.jpg
Well...

They both look at me.

ai.jpg
Why are you looking at me?
chris.jpg
Aisha,.. would you mind checking it out? I swear we will not abandon you. Myra and I will look for a way to get you up in the mean time.
ai.jpg
Alright.

I guess there's no choice.

chris.jpg
Don't worry, Aisha. We'll get you back up.

Taking another deep breath, I drop down into the darkness.

67.jpg

Dexterity check success. Like a cat, I land on my feet, my legs absorbing the shock of the impact.

68.jpg

Two doors lay in the dark. I pick the one on the right first.

69.jpg

Looks like a safe place to rest...

70.jpg

I proceed to the left door and found a lone corpse. Searching inside, I found a book and a greatsword. I reach out for the book, eager to read its content. Only to be engulfed in darkness when I touch its leather binding. I try to scream out in shock to no avail. My voice...it's gone!

71.jpg

I stagger, feeling dizzy, the ground spinning rapidly under my feet. Somebody clutches my arm, keeping me from falling.

72.jpg

warrior.jpg
Here she is, Master.

The man who was clutching my arm lets go of me, bowing his head respectfully to the man sitting on the large chair.

priest.jpg
Good. Good. Very good.

The man on the chair snickers, pointing at the ground next to him.

73.jpg

The warrior slams his weapon into the back of my knees, knocking me onto the floor. I hear myself crying out in pain. The man makes a fist in my hair, forcing me up into a kneeling position. The robed man on the chair gives me a sidelong glance.

priest.jpg
It has come to my attention that little Aisha still hasn't touched her delicious food. You are being a bad girl again, hm...?

I attempt to respond, only to found that I am unable to.

priest.jpg
You need not respond, Aisha. I realize it's difficult for you ever since we've removed your sweet little tongue.

He snickers again. His hand snakes between my legs, finding the folds of my pubic lips.

priest.jpg
Wet like a water fall.

Withdrawing his fingers, he smiles at me.

priest.jpg
I assume it must be the sight of your beloved that has excited you so, little Aisha?

He points at the man kneeling at the bottom of the pit in front of us.

74.jpg

Who...is that? How...how did I get here? Gods...I begin to cry.

priest.jpg
It's too bad that he cannot behonl your beauty anymore. But he is a stubborn man, and stubborn men have no need of their eyes, right?

I shudder, glancing down at the shackled man in the pit. Hollow, empty eyes sockets stare back at me, dark with congealed blood.

priest.jpg
As your beloved cannot see you anymore, and as you cannot whisper sweet words into his ears at night, I suppose he won't have need of his manhood, either.

The man on the pit cries out and starts pulling on his shackles like a madman. The man in the chair motions to the dark figure in the pit, who slowly walks around the shackled man, the n starts clubbing him, hard, until the shackled man loses his consciousness. Producing a knife, the dark figure starts cutting off slices of the shackled man's genitals. The shackles man opens his eyes again, struggling and yelling until his voice is hoarse. There's a lot of blood, and it takes a while before there's nothing left between the man's legs but a big, red gash. The dark figure clubs the shackled man again until he doesn't move anymore, then unfastens him. Another man walks down into the pit and carries the unmoving body off. The man in the chair smiles at me.

priest.jpg
Mayhap little Aisha will find her beloved's testicles more to her taste than his eyeballs.

He motions to the warrior standing behind me.

priest.jpg
Let her perform her service.

75.jpg

They tie my arms to the post at the bottom of the pit. Nobody speaks a word. The man sitting in the chair watches me impassively. After a few moments, he stands up and slowly walks down to me.

76.jpg

He steps behind me. I see him pulling up his robe, but in place of a phallus is a huge, metallic rod with glittering thorns all over it. I cry out in shock, almost fainting, as he places the rod against my sex. Burning white pain shoots through my groin. I pass out from the agony.

lightbane

Arcane
(Wisdom): I guess that the book was cursed and she's just being mindfucked (literally!).

Norfleet

RK47 said:
I can't help but notice you seem to be wastefully destroying the traps instead of retrieving them intact, even though your skills should be more than sufficient to enable you to recover them intact. Any particularly good reason for wasting perfectly good loot and hardware?

Erebus

Arcane
RK47 said:
priest.jpg
Mayhap little Aisha will find her beloved's testicles more to her taste than his eyeballs.

For a moment there, I thought that what was going to follow would be even more tasteless than it actually turned out to be.

RK47

Patron
Norfleet said:
I can't help but notice you seem to be wastefully destroying the traps instead of retrieving them intact, even though your skills should be more than sufficient to enable you to recover them intact. Any particularly good reason for wasting perfectly good loot and hardware?

It gives EXP. It's probably the most reliable EXP rewards than combat in this game, and what allows Aisha to level up so rapidly. I'm willing to bet 75% of the XP I've gained so far comes from Picking Locks and Disabling Traps. I don't know why the game doesn't reward any XP for recovering traps, but that's what I discovered. No worries. I'm really pushing for that Shadowdancer level before slowing down a bit. Heh heh.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You know you're reading the lowest grade of fantasy schlock when it's reminding you of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth.

The Thin Man

Novice
Brother None said:
You know you're reading the lowest grade of fantasy schlock when it's reminding you of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth.
Haha, I know some guy who swears this is like the best series ever.

I was able to like it okay until I read his pillars book and I just got so disgusted with the pure idiocy of everyone in it and all the arguments that made no sense that I just barely finished. Which I hear was the thing to do because apparently he just got stupider and stupider in the later books.

Black Cat

Magister
@ RK47

What I will tell you can be interpreted as an spoiler so I'll use the proper tag thingies, but...

... do not look rejoin your companions until AFTER you found the altar in the level with the four undead priests and have interacted with it...

... as otherwise you will lose some of the best content in the temple crawl, and the option to get some really good equipment and useful rewards at the end of the crawl.

shia luck

Novice
Hello all :)

WOW LP... this is some serious work posting all this, no? You should do a livestream of it... a lot less work! ;) Makes an astounding thread tho. :) (am here from your GOG thread)

I think I played every update except the first and this latest one so is intresting seeing some of the changes. But yeh, for someone who wasn't going to whore her.... fail :P ...It is perfectly possible to play her as a good girl if you want.

anyway, hope it goes well for you and you see and enjoy the depth of choice. You made choices that meant you missed quit a few plot options so far so don't hide from a 2nd playthrough.

Have fun :)

Erebus said:
Fuck this, I have to try this module myself. Hopefully, it works correctly with the french version of NWN1 (some modules don't, sadly).

It does.... (assuming you are at 1.69 with th community french dialog.tlk update) :) Can have script firing issues in any languag tho!

RK47 said:
Norfleet said:

It gives EXP. It's probably the most reliable EXP rewards than combat in this game, and what allows Aisha to level up so rapidly. I'm willing to bet 75% of the XP I've gained so far comes from Picking Locks and Disabling Traps. I don't know why the game doesn't reward any XP for recovering traps, but that's what I discovered. No worries. I'm really pushing for that Shadowdancer level before slowing down a bit. Heh heh.

Unfortunately an NWN issue rather than a fixabel dance with rogues issue. Seemingly impossible to script XP if you recover the trap. I guess it is a gamplay balancing thing of "xp or gold" your choice. *grinning*

EDIT: we can't upload a profile pic??? :((

RK47

Patron
shia luck said:
EDIT: we can't upload a profile pic??? :((

Hi welcome to the Codex. :salute:
You should be thankful the profile pics are non upload-able, the community here can be quite....liberal.

Do check the other threads in this section, plenty of classic old game lovers here.

PS: The General Discussion is a place to discuss mature, relevant, and often deep issues that is currently plaguing this world. I recommend you avoid it.

And please, if you hate something, don't hold back in expressing it. This place thrives on both love and hate.

:rpgcodex: :love:

Cassidy

Arcane
This is starting to look like the worst of /tg/ grade gornfic.

Except it doesn't involve rape by Necrons, Orkz or Warhammer Chaos legions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom