Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Run a Gang of Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
This game is certainly unusual, but looks like fun.

Lindblum

Augur
Great story telling!

Does Louise/ other girls always start with a fixed 3 girls wanting to join her?

Lumpy

Arcane
Fantastic. I didn't really like the gameplay, but this will be a fun LP.

As easy enough to printscreen, so there's no reason not to finish it.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alrighty, time to wrap the first (= tutorial) day up, so a short update is in order. Up and coming in a few moments.

Lindblum said:
Does Louise/ other girls always start with a fixed 3 girls wanting to join her?

There were also Ruby, Deborah and Gladys, making it six recruitable girls in toto. I just decided to roll with whichever girls first came my way for this LP.

Not sure if that depends on the choice of the gang queen, though.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Diary of a High School Rebel: Day 1, Part 3

6 p.m.

It was 6 p.m. already. High time one of the girls finally hooked up with a suitable boyfriend. Myself? I didn't need no dead weight, hmph.

The school patio seemed like a good place to go looking for one.

01girls0246.jpg

Having spotted Dapper Boy, I started thinking. His Glamour attribute must've been quite high, I figured -- one thing both Hazel and Jean were particularly weak at and could use a boost in. Jean ignored the boy, though (made me wonder...). Good thing Hazel was willing to go a-flirting.

01girls0248.jpg

• With that, we enter a tutorial game of Flirt. In this game, all of the girl's attributes are important: they represent the number of tokens you have at the beginning. The actual importance of each attribute varies depending on the boy you're flirting with. Each of the males has his own specific pattern of desires: he'll want certain tokens from you for the ones he gives. You win the game when the flirt meter fills up, and you lose it when you run out of the specific type of tokens the boy wants at the moment. Naturally, there's also randomness involved.

This is a tutorial flirt game, so Dapper Boy's pattern is revealed to us as an example.
01girls0249.jpg

Whenever Dapper Boy flattered Hazel, she started batting her eyelashes like crazy. That was... painful to look at.

01girls0251.jpg

It worked the desired charm, but I was really glad it wasn't me doing ridiculous stuff like that.

01girls0254.jpg

Next moment, Hazel gave a coy smile at Dapper Boy's pathetic attempt at reasoning. Embarrassing.

01girls0256.jpg

And hooked he was. Breaking news: boys still as predictable as ever.

01girls0257.jpg

Hazel seemed to genuinely like the guy, though, so it was all good.

01girls0258.jpg

One meatshield acquired.

7 p.m.

01girls0263.jpg

Walking by the school basement, we spotted Myrtle... and Radio Boy. Heh.

01girls0265.jpg

I wondered just what she had in mind coming to this place. I could only think of one way to find out.

01girls0271.jpg

• (So, did someone ask about one of the girls being lesbian? :roll:)
01girls0273.jpg

What I found out was... amusing, to say the least.

01girls0275.jpg

Teasin' and tauntin' Liar Girl was the only logical next step. Hazel, dear, wouldn't you?

"You have the perfect personality -- for charming snakes."
"I heard something about you, but I shouldn't spread malicious rumors."
> "You should disown your mother for making those clothes."

(There was but one perfectly deadly option.)

01girls0277.jpg

Sheesh, that was easy. Liar Girl proved to be a complete pushover.

01girls0281.jpg

First the incident with Mildred, then this. It was a hilariously splendid day.

01girls0287.jpg

And again, the summer repairs apparently were to blame.

01girls0290.jpg

If that wasn't a pattern emerging... Tralala.

01girls0289.jpg

I was appreciating life to the fullest.

8 p.m.

Ruminating on the newest accidents, our gang, my gang, walked past the trolley...

01girls0292.jpg

...up to the Shady Tree, stumbling on three inviting ways to have some fun there:

01girls0295.jpg

Danger is the stuff my dreams are made of, so the choice was clear.

01girls0297.jpg

Bully Girl was definitely up to something mischievous... but hey, that was supposed to be my role! Taunting the rival felt like the only answer.

"If I were a cat, I'd claw your eyes out."
"You're so clumsy, you could cut yourself on a rubber band."
> "The army could use you, to dig latrines."

01girls0300.jpg

That one dog knew her trade, however.

01girls0304.jpg

Too bad she had extremely short memory.

01girls0308.jpg

And I came up with a better plan.

9 p.m.

01girls0309.jpg

Excited, we quickly ran to the south grounds!

01girls0313.jpg

What a shame! Caught up in the intrigue, I had totally forgot about the upcoming curfew. And now I had to wait till next morning. Such a disheartening end to such a fine day.

Next time: all's well that ends... accidentally.

Morkar Left

I'm not convinced by the minigames but it seems the overall gameplay could lead to interesting things if there are serious c&c. Keep it up!
:thumbsup:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Diary of a High School Rebel: Day 2

8 a.m.

Up and awake, I had havoc to wreak!

02girls003.jpg

Looking forward to follow up to what had happened the night before, we hurried to the south grounds. Only to find Bully Girl had already beaten us to it, dang.

02girls004.jpg

That had been my idea! I was so angry, but... whatever. We ran up to Lucille to savour the amusing little accident, at least.

9 a.m.

02girls005.jpg

02girls019.jpg

However, it turned out the joke hadn't quite gone as planned. Under the water pressure, a loose sprinkler part had detached and hit Lucille in the back. Again, there was nothing else to blame but the summer repairs...

• (Sometimes you get the option to play a mini-game solely for additional experience: e.g., the Fib option that Hazel has in the above screenshot will land her an experience point if she wins the game, but won't alter the outcome of the situation or the dialogue you get.)
02girls024.jpg

Interesting, thought I: not only was the nurse covering up the accidents, but Bully Girl seemed to know something about that. Could merit additional investigation.

02girls025.jpg

10 a.m.

02girls026.jpg

Having witnessed three new accidents already, the girls got slightly concerned. They needed a little disctraction, so we went to the gym.

02girls034.jpg

Varsity Boy was quite popular at the school, so I thought he was just what Helen needed to boost her self-confidence.

02girls044.jpg

Unfortunately (if expectedly), he proved to be a bit out of her league.

02girls045.jpg

So we went to the basement instead, hoping to spy on Maximilian maybe.

02girls051.jpg

Instead, we found Eleanor and Mr. Cane there. I smelt danger and fun.

02girls053.jpg

Thaddeus wanted us to persuade Eleanor. Jean went for it.

02girls055.jpg

• (What's wrong, Eleanor?)
02girls057.jpg

Eleanor wouldn't budge. It was time for me to assist Jean by exposing the wheelchair girl's motives.

02girls061.jpg

Aha, you naughty girl! So there was an all-too-worldly explanation behind your stubbornness.

Given that, there was but one way Eleanor could be persuaded --

02girls063.jpg

-- by opening up an even more alluring prospect to her!

02girls066.jpg

(Naturally, I made my best to ensure everyone 'round the school got to know about the confident manner in which I handled Eleanor, so my popularity received quite a boost for some time.)

02girls069.jpg

And suddenly, another accident took place! It looked like someone had replaced a thick steel plate with a burnt cookie sheet, hmm.

Poor Eleanor; I somewhat pitied her. Ending up even more injured, all for the sake of some stupid boys.

02girls070.jpg

Everything was starting to look clear as day. We obviously didn't need those notes any more.

11 a.m.

We thought we'd wander around the school a bit for the time being, to gain more experience in the ways of mischief.

02girls072.jpg

Obviously, we'd been ignoring the classes lately. Classes are boring. Still, it could be fun to see if we were missed, so we entered the Social Studies classroom.

02girls074.jpg

Helen was the only one we could count on in a situation like this. She had to be the one to do the bluffing.

02girls091.jpg

Thankfully, Helen quickly came up with a suitable title for the assigned paper.

02girls089.jpg

Distracted by other concerns, Mrs. Fragette didn't bother to check if we actually turned that paper in.

12 p.m

At the gym, Varsity Boy attempted hitting on the girls again, but we let Hazel shove him off this time.

02girls095.jpg

He was just too uncool for anyone but Helen, who wasn't his type anyway.

Checking on the Math & Science classroom, we stumbled upon Alma in there -- trying to pry a desk open!

02girls113.jpg

Good timing. Naturally, I wanted to find out what it was she was so desperately trying to hide.

02girls119.jpg

Stock prices were at stake, eh? The matter looked serious... and appealing. I wondered if I could somehow lay my hands on that tape.

• Ticker tape was the earliest digital electronic communications medium, transmitting stock price information over telegraph lines.
02girls121.jpg

So I decided to "help" Alma out.

1 p.m.

02girls122.jpg

Now we only needed to fetch the pry-bar from the gym.

02girls125.jpg

Unfortunately, Coach Gustav kept getting in the way. Teaching him a lesson in trickery was the only option. Our glamorous Hazel felt like fibbing.

02girls128.jpg

And down he went, out-tricked. Silly men, thinking they can keep everything under control.

02girls131.jpg

• (Hah, I totally must write down that phrase.)
02girls133.jpg

We snatched the crowbar, thereby increasing our options in dealing with any kind of locked situation!

02girls135.jpg

2 p.m.

I returned to Alma with a pry-bar in my hand. I was itching for some action!

02girls137.jpg

Arrogant as ever, Alma thought she could do away with ordering me around like that. That was her mistake. For now, however, I decided to play along.

• Now that we have a usable item, we get a new command, Use item. Fancy!
02girls140.jpg

The gods up high were on my side, however, and everything went even better than I could've expected. That should teach you, Alma.

02girls141.jpg

More importantly, the current stock prices were ours! Boy, were we feeling smart.

3 p.m.

That had been yet another in the long series of accidents, and we knew we had to confront Maximilian with it all eventually.

02girls144.jpg

First, however, it was time for another powwow.

02girls147.jpg

I was feeling really convinced at the time. Looking back at it... hah!

02girls148.jpg

Jean had similarly strong suspicions.

02girls149.jpg

I wondered why the nurse would involve herself in all that trouble, though.

02girls150.jpg

Helen had a not so bright idea. There was no way Nurse Nacht... no, that couldn't be... or... could it?

02girls151.jpg

Hazel was doubtful, but... all kinds of things happen, most peculiar ones sometimes.

02girls152.jpg

For the moment, we decided to focus on the maintenance man, keeping the nurse in mind.

There was some more time we could waste, and we could always use new taunts and retorts.

02girls159.jpg

Who knew when those could come in handy? As the gang queen, I had to plan ahead.

4 p.m.

The school was closed for the day.

02girls168.jpg

But now that we had a crowbar, we could at least vandalise it.

02girls169.jpg

We spent a whole hour doing just that, but alas, didn't manage to get inside.

5 p.m.

I still felt like finding a boyfriend for Helen.

02girls172.jpg

Varsity Boy didn't suit her character, so maybe Radio Boy would? He was just a tad too black and just a bit too awkward, but he could really help her improve her savvy... And hey, I wasn't choosing a boyfriend for myself, so I didn't really care what he looked like.

02girls180.jpg

Like most basement dwellers, Radio Boy turned out to be perfectly unsophisticated and predictable. He got easily hooked.

02girls181.jpg

Two of my girls had companions, and additional protection, now. Things were going rather well♪

02girls183.jpg

Radio Boy proved... hilarious to keep around.

6 p.m.

Tired of messing about, we went straight to Maximilian.

02girls186.jpg

He was babbling about a mysterious "she" again. Was that Nurse Nacht? Or someone else? The uncertainty was driving me mad.

02girls187.jpg

Everything seemed indeed to point to the hag of a nurse -- she had been the one covering up the accidents, after all!

02girls190.jpg

One more question remained: had Maximilian been doing all that harm on purpose?..

02girls193.jpg

As my detective skills increased, I was steadily becoming more popular. I definitely wasted no time!

7 p.m.

02girls194.jpg

The next step was to pay Nurse Nacht a little courtesy visit.

02girls196.jpg

But unfortunately, we had to wait till next morning for that...

Next time: dim the lights, this party has died.

spekkio

Arcane
The plot thickens!

:thumbsup:

But the interface is on below X-com level...

:rpgcodex:

Lumpy

Arcane
Make sure you take this one to the end, it's a p. good LP.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Eh, this is a blind LP, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to run the reader participation shtick when I've no idea what choices are important and what not, and if there even are any really important choices or significant C&C in the first place. The game does advertise several endings, but that may as well be just a gimmick amounting to, say, "collect four parts of the <put quest item here> from four <areas> to get the best ending" thing. :shrug:

The only thing I can promise is to present you the story as it plays out in my playthrough, whatever the ending I get.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Oh, I missed this LP. Looks like you took my advice and decided to give it a try anyway. Fluttershy would approve.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Played this a long time ago and (as with Academagia) I just lost track of characters and events. Decline of Trash as I can see the goodness in here. Not to mention kudos to the devs for something this off kilter.

Anyway, fun LP. Go wreak havoc with these young lasses!

Quilty

Magister
Yeah, major props to the devs for picking up such a quirky theme and running with it.

Thanks for the LP. :salute: :salute:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Crooked Bee said:
Eh, this is a blind LP, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to run the reader participation shtick when I've no idea what choices are important and what not, and if there even are any really important choices or significant C&C in the first place. The game does advertise several endings, but that may as well be just a gimmick amounting to, say, "collect four parts of the <put quest item here> from four <areas> to get the best ending" thing. :shrug:

The only thing I can promise is to present you the story as it plays out in my playthrough, whatever the ending I get.
That's ok. LP is cool anyway :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom