Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's don our monocles in Victoria II (Finished)

V2_51.jpg

Once again the British demand the region of Xinjiang, though hopefully they will be no more successful in this war than the last.

V2_52.jpg

Sadly the construction of the border forts has not been able to proceed due to a great shortage of lumber.

V2_53.jpg

Additional regiments are recruited, we may be lacking some what in quality but quantity has a quantity all its own.

V2_55.jpg

The first enemy force is sighted, predictably coming to Kashgar through Panjab.

V2_56.jpg

The harsh desert climate once again takes many lives, it would seem they are no more prepared for the desert this time.

V2_57.jpg

Taiwan is also under siege, but there is nothing that can be done about that at the moment. We will simply have to accept them occupying it for the moment.

V2_58.jpg

A small British force attempts to drive out the Chinese army in Aksu. They might have succeeded if it was not for the fact that their commander was a incompetent idiot.

V2_59.jpg

It results in a clear Chinese victory.

V2_60.jpg

They make a second attempt at taking Aksu, this time their commander is some what less incompetent.

V2_61.jpg

It's still an easy victory however.

V2_62.jpg

With this discovery we now have everything we need in order to modernize the country, however doing so during a war would not be possible so it is put off until the war ends.

V2_63.jpg

The next step will be to improve leadership with in the army, something which is severely lacking at the moment.

V2_64.jpg

The British seem to have given up on taking Aksu and instead follow the path of least resistance, straight into the desert.

V2_65.jpg

Though that is only momentary for shortly afterwards they attack Aksu again.

V2_66.jpg

The various conditions of the battle field are heavily in favor of China and this battle should be possible to win.

V2_67.jpg

The British having occupied Khotan continue into the desert of Lop Nur.

V2_69.jpg

With the additional reinforcements the battle of Aksu is won, the few British survivors fleeing to Lop Nur.

V2_71.jpg

Now that the British army having been severely weakened through the harsh conditions of the desert it's time for a counter attack.

V2_73.jpg

The remnants of the army is quickly overwhelmed by Chinese numerical superiority and crushed.

V2_74.jpg

But the war is not won yet, for they still have additional soldiers they are willing to sacrifice in the name of conquest and imperialism.

V2_77.jpg

The Russians exploiting our temporary weakness demands a large chunk of Chinese territory. It's decided to deny them their demands, if they want the land let them show that they are willing to back those threats with force of arms. If they do a peace settlement should be possible, but if they do not nothing will be lost.

V2_78.jpg

Mean while in the west the battle for Aksu continues and the British bering in yet more reinforcements.

V2_79.jpg

The battle is decisive victory, but that good is far outweighed by the news that we are not at war with two great western powers at once.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Russia is most likely demanding your slice of Sofianova. If that's the case, IMMEDIATELY concede the territory to them, it's worthless so there's no reason to fight over it. Later on you can use the Acquire Core casus belli to take all of Sofianova.

Norfleet

Meh. The Russian army is terrible, though, and the terrain in that region is horrendous and very close to your own mobilization centers. Every time I've fought the Russians there, it just turns into this enormous bloodbath for both sides. But you're China, so...

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
China against Russia? This is going to be a fucking bloodbath. I'm certainly looking forward to the next update.

Also, I noticed in the previous update that you have some Gelugpa pops. It would be pretty awesome if Vicky 2 had Dugpas.

Norfleet

JagreenLern said:
China against Russia? This is going to be a fucking bloodbath. I'm certainly looking forward to the next update.
It is. When I played that scenario, 10 million guys died in combat casualties alone, and that doesn't even begin to account for the horrible casualties the Russians probably sustained in attrition frogmarching million-man doomstacks through the wastelands.

V2_80.jpg

Once again our worthless "allies" show their true colors, they will be suitably punished after this war is over.

V2_81.jpg

A pace offer is sent to Russia it being quickly realized that a two front war against two great powers simultaneously is impossible to win a, especially considering the Russian border being compromised mostly of plains making it poor terrain to fight defensively in.

V2_82.jpg

The offer is quickly accepted and the eastern most Halshenwai region changes hands. For now this loss and humiliation will have to be accepted, but this will not be forgotten. Some time in the future the territory will be retaken and this will be repaid tenfold.

V2_83.jpg

The British on the other hand continue their offensive and size the island of Cheju while the Royal Navy blockades Chinese ports.

V2_84.jpg

Just like the last war a counter offensive is launched when the British reach Lop Nur.

V2_85.jpg

And a force is sent to Khotan to retake it, but also to cut of the enemies escape route.

V2_88.jpg

Once again Aksu is attacked by the British

V2_89.jpg

And once again the defenders throw the attackers back

V2_91.jpg

Though even with those forces thrown back a large British force is reported approaching Khotan. The Chinese army will not be able to pull out before the enemy arrives.

V2_92.jpg

Chinese resistance must have been much heavier than what the British expected for they offer a peace treaty. With it being a white peace and an offensive being unlikely at best it is accepted directly.

V2_94.jpg

Now that the nation is at peace again the next step is to complete the previously started process of modernization since it is clear that if we don't the gap between us and the west will only increase until we can offer no meaningful resistance to their aggression.

V2_96.jpg

During the war the Chinese education efforts have continued and have had some success for today over 10% of the population is literate.

V2_98.jpg

Naturally these policies are implemented, the faster these troublesome minorities are made useful productive citizens the better.

V2_101.jpg

The industrial revolution has come to China! The first factories are built by the government in an attempt to increase Chinese productivity, though there is still a long way to go before we can reach western levels of production.

V2_102.jpg

Advances are made in military doctrine, though it comes to late to be useful in the war, it will however be useful when we retake our rightful territory from the Russians.

V2_103.jpg

The next step is concept of idealism in order to further research further in China.

V2_104.jpg

The opportunity to establish a military industrial complex becomes available. It would improve industrial and military research, but it would hamper naval technology and social change some what. This will possibly be enacted in the future, but right large amounts of social development are needed.

V2_105.jpg

With the country being opened to the world and personal freedom having increased especially for the lower classes some take the Chance to migrate to the Americas. It is a problem, but considering the huge Chinese population this is only minor emigration and not a major issue.

V2_107.jpg

Our now growing industry require these raw materials, any loss of life resulting from it is regretful but necessary.

V2_108.jpg

After a couple of years of industrial and technological progress China is already considered a great power! Though its power comes primarily from quantity rather than quality.

V2_111.jpg

As society continues to develop technological progress comes faster.

V2_112.jpg

The next step is to implement the concept of railroad, this improved infrastructure could prove most beneficial.

V2_114.jpg

After railroad improving the educational system is the next area to see improvements for an educated workforce is necessary for a nation to succeed.

V2_120.jpg

Industrialization continues at a rapid pace, though some new group of people so called "capitalists" seem quite content to invest large sums of money in businesses like canned food factory that will likely not turn a profit.

V2_122.jpg

In order to be able to fully utilize Chinas numerical superiority steps must be taken to improve medicine and supplies or losses to attrition will be more dangerous than the enemy.

V2_132.jpg

Well.... :M

Sorry for pussying out on the war with Russia, but they will be fought once preparations are made I assure you.

Norfleet

As far as I know, railroad shouldn't be considered a really high priority, since all it does is improve production...production you don't presently have! A percentage boost to nothing remains nothing. Anything which improves education and research should be more useful.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
A winrar is you.

Now that you are a GP, what what are your plans? I don't think that the other powers will keep attacking you (sans Russia for cores) now that you are on their level.

Norfleet

Nah, they'll keep doing it until he becomes the top dog. The AI is very, very, angry. Although now that you are "civilized", it is going to be a more expensive effort for them to demand territory off you, and you, yourself, can begin initiating Operation Curbstomp The World. In the grim future of Hello Kitty, there is only war.

Vaarna_Aarne

I would argue that maximum research point tech and plurality inventions should be the first order of business. After that you can focus on industry and military. Navy is not important, since anyone who will attack you will do so by land.

Vaarna_Aarne

Haishenwai AKA Primorye. It's prime colonial real estate, due to having relatively low population but massive RGO caps, allowing for massive colonial immigration. Also, most of the RGOs are Coal RGOs, meaning it's pretty much one of the most valuable colonial areas.

PLaying 1.3

Kashmir Slippers said:
A winrar is you.

Now that you are a GP, what what are your plans? I don't think that the other powers will keep attacking you (sans Russia for cores) now that you are on their level.

Well once I do a couple of more updates and get as far on the LP as I've played I'm not really sure on how to proceed. Could use some advice then, perhaps it will be time for a different nation.

Oh and I broke my game or something. Messed around with the techs a little and got some strange results, reverting to my backup file wouldn't fix it, and neither did a complete reinstall. This is quite odd, now my tech interface looks like this.

V2_1.jpg

:retarded:

Vaarna_Aarne

Oh, do you have a backup txt of the tech files modified in the tech folder? You must always make a separate backup folder if you don't want the game to explode from double files to read (it reads ALL the files, names don't matter in 99% cases)

Yes looks like that fixed the issue, thanks Vaarna your a bro. :bro:

Any way what I was working on was trying to fix pop growth for a few European Nations considering that France has a much starting pop in 1836 as my German Empire with pretty much historical borders had in 1876 (about 40 million total pop IIRC). Considering that historically the German population greatly increased during this time period while the French did not it results in France being ridiculously dominant in Europe compared to how it actually was.

Checking the official forums some one came with the idea to use a special invention that would only affect France like the following. If I understand it correctly all i have to do is post said code in one of the tech files. So just paste it into the end of the file essentially?
Code:
small_families = {
	limit = { classicism_n_early_romanticism = 1 
			tag = FRA
			}
	chance = {
		base = 100
	}
	effect = {
		pop_growth = -0.0003
		}	
}

Vaarna_Aarne

Personally, I would recommend making it an event-fired modifier.

Though this gives me an idea for fixing Russia...

Vaarna_Aarne

Also, with industrial techs, there's one above all others you'll want... Clean Coal. It'll skyrocket your income.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Damn now that's an industrial revolution if I ever saw one.

You can always go annex France or the USA if you need a tedious challenge. Rebels spawning everywhere, everybody declaring war on you due to high infamy and all that.

This is also why I suggested Vietnam, you would have a lot less to manage but with room for expansion and a decent population (unlike say afghanistan) but the Europeans would still be a major threat even if you would want to just grab some colonies from the dutch sodomites or spanish lazyfucks.

Norfleet

Hellraiser said:
Damn now that's an industrial revolution if I ever saw one.
Where's this industrial revolution you speak of? I don't see any industrial revolution. Do you mean the screenshot where he was debugging the game as France? Because switching to France isn't really an industrial revolution...

Hellraiser said:
Annex France or the USA if you need a tedious challenge. Rebels spawning everywhere, everybody declaring war on you due to high infamy and all that.
France and the US are among the countries that Never Give Up, because the number of states they have is so enormous that you get far less score from taking it than is needed for them to concede it. Since they'll refuse to stop the war as a result, you'll be forced to kill them all, and by that point the amount of gain you've achieved will exceed even 100% warscore by several orders of magnitude, etc., etc. War never ends, you're just stuck occupying it forever, unless you fix this somehow or use yesmen. It's not quite as elegant as HOI, even after you've taken everything, destroyed every last soldier, and sunk every last ship, THEY DO NOT GIVE UP, not even after their country is reduced to a barren wasteland of bankrupted factories and angry peasants lashing out against any and everything in sight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom