Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Pathfinder Adventures (Logs from Session 1 posted!)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Kimagure Majo Yousei said:
And I thought Wealth, HP, and that would be rolled by Ulmichan. :? I'll check them, then.

Starting wealth is whatever is listed as your class'es average (so 70gp for a sorcerer). Hit points are rolled for from level 2 onwards. But at level 1, you start with max hit points. (So 6, unless you take a hit point as your favoured class bonus. Then it's 7).

Note that if you're going to use the alternate favoured class option from APG, you won't be getting +1 hit point for that level. It's a pretty nifty bonus for sorcs, but not really interesting until level 4 (since lv 1-3 would just give you cantrips).

Uh, oky. Then... I'll switch my DEX and CON and get the +1 HP until level 3, and from 4 up the Extra Spell.

So that would be 8 HP and 1d6+2 per level until 3, then 1d6+1 from then on. Right? I'll edit the post, then. Do I have to buy stuffies before we start playing or we will have the chance to do so once we start? Weapons, basic equipment, that sort of thing.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ulminati said:
Well, CHA is p. important for sorcs since it'll determine bonus spells and save DC in things like Grease, glitterdust, fireball, stingking cloud, charm person etc.

But yeah, it's going to be fun the first time an enemy decides to bull rush+grapple the squishy caster.

Mrowak said:
Also, unless I am totally mistaken you still have 2 more ability points to distribute. Lightbane is right - add them to Constitution.

-3 STR, 2 DEX, 0 CON, 2 INT, -3 WIS, 17 CHA

Looks like 15 points spent to me.

Wait a minute. According to the source you linked earlier:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/character-creation

(Table: Ability Score Costs)

It should be:

-4 STR, 2 DEX, 0 CON, 2 INT, -4 WIS, 17 CHA

Unless that's some house rule I missed.

lightbane

Arcane
You have to buy the stuff you want BEFORE the game starts, so hurry up (however, don't spend all of the money, I know it may be hard for you but try to save something for emergencies).

PS: Use this to generate your character's sheet, it's way easier: http://www.trovetokens.com/pathfinder.html

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Mrowak said:
Wait a minute. According to the source you linked earlier:[/url]

So it is. My bad. I looked in my 1st printing Dead Wood Edition™ of the core rulebook. The -4 points was errata'ed since then.

As for buying stuffies, you can buy basic stuff either before the game or whenever you happen to be near a store. Keep in mind that you're going to be in a fairly rural village, so dresses available will be quaint at best. :P

lightbane

Arcane
I don't think so (unless you wear super-heavy armor). Check my character, he's loaded with shit yet he (hopefully) is not encumbered yet (but then, with Van's pitiful Strength score, she probably has trouble lifting an empty cup, even with the two hands).

That's it. I fixed the attributes and raided the shops.

Now to try and understand how those evil programs I need to install work. :?

@ Lightbane

She can barely carry those stuffies she has without getting troubled, as she starts getting encumbered at 23lbs. :(

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Clothes being worn count towards carried weight. If your pants suddenly turn weightless, odds are your butt is showing. It's usually not a problem, unless you somehow decided to go with 7 str :smug:

There are video tutorials for maptool on rptools.net. It's pretty intuitive.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You'll have to charm person another member of the party into sharing carrying a sleeping bag for you.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Btw, if ppl don't link a pic of their character they want on their token, I just grab whatever I find on a random google search.

404P.jpg

Although I guess the descriotion isn't too far off from the default sorc in the core book.

Pathfinder2_Seoni.jpg

It is quite amusing Calistria's image on Gods and Magic is more covered than the default sorceress is. :M

Anyway, alright, alright. Gee. I depart into the abyss of online image dumps, looking for an image that goes with her description. I hope I find something I like. And if I somehow end in Gelbooru or Danbooru I'm sending you my therapist's bill.

Use the default sorceress' one, or my avatar, or whatever you like if I don't find anything before you finish the thingies.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
What's wrong with the feline wizard statuette? D:

Also, mad props to my players for reading the players guide and not pestering the GM asking to be allowed to play Changelings or Dhampirs :P

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ulminati said:

Also, mad props to my players for reading the players guide and not pestering the GM asking to be allowed to play Changelings or Dhampirs :P

Humans are still the best. :smug: That one skill point and extra feat are too good to pass up.

I am a little bit envious of Elves. Yesterday I was making a Druid for the party. Picking Elven Druid would let me use bows which is loads better than the feeble sling. Sleep immunity and Enchantment resistance is also something no to scoff on.

lightbane

Arcane
Ulminati said:

Fuck these changelings and wannabe vampires. The former are only good with White Wolf's adaptation, the latter are poor man's copies of true vampires.

404P.jpg

That wizard is somehow impossibly cute :love:
*Notices not Black Cat's character portrait* Well, it certainly tells Vanessa is an ex-prostitute (a holy one, to boot) :M

So Ulmi, have you checked my character's sheet? Is everything ok? What about the hp?

PS: So, no Summoners? What a pity, I wanted to see one in action.

EDIT: Also, Ulmi, you posted the wrong link for my character's sheet, here's the completed version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52402705/pathfi ... 0sheet.htm

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Soundtrack

"You are hereby sentenced to live the remainder of your short life in Harrowstone, which, I hasten to add, is a blessing compared to the extent of your crimes and the suffering of your victims.
There you will reside in the misery of your thoughts until such time as you are drawn, hanged, and quartered.
May the gods have no mercy on your blighted soul."

—The final sentencing of Vance Saetressle (“The Lopper”) in 4661 ar by Jurisdeclaris Axenris the Third.

QqY6w.jpg

Moonday 17 Lamashan 4711
Ravengro, The Restlands Cemetery
Roughly 10:15 p.m.
Gathered Together in a Funeral Procession
Nearing The Dreamwake

The Professor's words linger about in your mind as the funeral procession comes to a brief halt.

g7PJc.png

"There has to be evil in this world, so that good can prove its purity above it."

These words, spoken to you by Professor Lorrimor nearly three years ago, have stuck in your mind ever since.
"Violence isn't always evil." the Professor went on to elaborate further, now regarding the bodies of the bandits that would have killed him if not for your timely intervention.
"What is evil however, is the infatuation with such violence."
"Remember this." the Professor advised. "For Hatred is gained as much by good works as it is by those of evil."

Ten days ago the letter found its way into your hands, delivering the shocking news that your friend Professor Lorrimor has died.
JQ8HM.jpg

Across the winterlocked land of Ustalav you traveled until your journey ended at the farming community of Ravengro.
They call the town ‘Ravengro’… The origin of the name has been long lost in the mists of history. And who would mind? Not that many people care. Very few foreigners would spend a fleeting thought, let alone a gaze, about this place. In truth, Ravengro is not a place you want to look at for long, if you even manage to spot it as you traverse the sharp cliffs. You’re often too busy minding the chasms or avoiding the countless of wild animals that creep out at the darkest hours.
Not that darkness is an unknown guest in these areas. Some say that the years after the invasion only brought an eternal carpet of grey clouds and bad weather, cursing generations with heavy rain and a bleak mood. People would scuttle towards the shelter of their houses or the overarching cliffs above them, as they saw the few remaining colors of the gardens drown out in an impossible battle.
If you’re one of the desperate, unlucky or just weird strangers in town, you’ll notice the trodden road leading you down the cliffs, heading towards the tiny settlement in the far distance. It’s a solid road. Not one that takes you there quickly, but things in Ravengro have never been hasty. And you’re likely not missing much in the other end.
The feeling of subtle rain against your face is cold, as you check your belongings once more. You notice an old sign, heavy with decay. Through the raindrops you barely make out the name of the city and you can’t help wondering whether this is truly a place you want to be in?
A few miles up the road you see the landscape elevate and carry a small clump of houses. A sorry excuse for a city wall has been erected, but it’s more like a fence. Like their citizens, they have likely stood for eons in the rain, storm and hailstone. Silent and untouched.Behind the city a sinister dark shape rises against the sky. You’ve heard of the ruins of the old prison that once made Ravengro famous in its own peculiar way. Today it’s nothing more than a monument of former glory. It’s appropriate that the only remaining attraction besides it is the vast graveyard in the other end of town.
As you journey up the road, you notice several peasants eyeing you while they gather the last peat for today. Their signals are cold at best. Their eyes narrow and hostile. The recent influx of strangers has not been received well. You know that your presence will be monitored closely, till you prove your worth. For good or ill.
The path into town is not guarded. Neither is it decorative or inviting, as people around these parts don’t need that fanciness. Instead, you see an old map outlining the highlights of the town, and an old creaky sign spelling:

“Welcome to Ravengro. Spellcasters will be shot.”

ASXuM.jpg

Since your arrival, you’ve had to stay at the Outward Inn, rumor and hearsay circulating about the upswing in the number of the strange visitors the town has seen lately. Meanwhile the doors of the Lorrimor place closed tight as Kendra is apparently too distraught to even entertain visitors.

Still, the appointed day of the professor’s funeral arrives soon enough. As you gather near the Restlands you catch the first glimpse of Kendra Lorrimor as she greats the precious few people who have gathered to see her father off to his final reward. The relief is obvious in her puffy and red eyes as she sees the lot of you approach. She refrains from running your way, upholding the dignity of this event, but as she speaks, you can tell she teeters on the edge of another bout of tears.

“Thank you all for coming on such short notice. Father would have been so grateful to know that you were here…”

@ Ulmichan

Isn't that Joseph Vargo in the soundtrack? His tarot deck is bloody awesome.

"Welcome to Ravengro. Spellcasters will be shot.”

Gee, you sure take me to the nicest places.

Also, mad props to my players for reading the players guide and not pestering the GM asking to be allowed to play Changelings or Dhampirs.

You told us to take no monster races! You are sooo mean. ¬¬

I don't want Black Cat to be angry with me for stealing her shtick when she returns.

And a question: Are all the characters who have Chance Savior as a Campaign Trait assumed to know each other from, at least, that time they saved the Professor, or did he just got jumped by bandits four times, one after the other, about three years ago, only to be saved by a different budding hero good natured anti-hero each time?

@ Lightbanekun

The former are only good with White Wolf's adaptation

:love:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Kimagure Majo Yousei said:
@ Ulmichan

Isn't that Joseph Vargo in the soundtrack? His tarot deck is bloody awesome.

Glad you approve...

"Welcome to Ravengro. Spellcasters will be shot.”

Gee, you sure take me to the nicest places.

...glad you approve! :smug:

And a question: Are all the characters who have Chance Savior as a Campaign Trait assumed to know each other from, at least, that time they saved the Professor, or did he just got jumped by bandits four times, one after the other, about three years ago, only to be saved by a different budding hero good natured anti-hero each time?

I'm going to assume everyone happened to be at the right place at the same time to make the poor professors life slightly less exciting and hazardous. Whether the players knew each other before hand and/or kept contact after I'll leave up to you guys.

lightbane

Arcane
Ulminati said:

I'm going to assume everyone happened to be at the right place at the same time to make the poor professors life slightly less exciting and hazardous. Whether the players knew each other before hand and/or kept contact after I'll leave up to you guys.

Good thing that my character is the only one that DOES NOT have Chance Savior as the Campaign Trait. Also, Ulmi, please, your link with Edgar's sheet is the wrong one, here's a link with the completed sheet:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52402705/pathfi ... 0sheet.htm

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It is 10 minutes to game time. So far, 1 person has shown up in IRC. Will this be the smallest adventuring party ever? :M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We're still playing. We just took a short recess. Totally not a black cat is responsible for the writeup. It'll be done when it's done.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom