Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Mysteries of Westgate (Finished - again)

Reject_666_6

Arcane
For your invocations I would replace Draining Blast for Dark One's Own Luck. The extra charisma might help with some dialogues, and the improved saving throws are generally good.

You could also replace Flee the Scene with Voracious Dispelling, in case you want to replace Devour Magic with something else. If not, Hellrime will do.

For greater invocations, take Vitriolic and Noxious. Noxious is great against spellcasters because they tend to have low Fortitude, and Vitriolic is great against spell-resistant enemies. If you chose to replace Devour Magic, Eldritch Cone is a good choice.

For Dark invocations, if you reach that level, Dark Foresight is vital. Other than that I would take Eldritch Doom and Binding Blast.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I thought about Voracious Dispelling, but I think Devour Magic does a good job, because it heals also.
Instead, I replaced Flee the Scene with The Dead Walk - the summoned Skeleton Warrior does quite a good job at distracting enemies.

I recently leveled up again so I took Noxious Blast, quite useful.

I intend to get indeed Dark Foresight, it would be critical for the Arena especially, not sure though at what level it will be available.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Crap. I probably won't reach that, I finished my last playthrough at level 15...
I'm level 13 now.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Part 7: The girls

This update will cover the side-stories of Charissa and Rinara. These are the last side-quests that will be covered in this LP, after that I'll focus on the main quest.
Also, this update is more dialog-heavy than most.

After returning from the Dark Dahlia, two events happened that promise to reveal more info about our female companions.

As we walked through the Harbor district, the party is greeted by an elf.

nwn2main2009-10-0319-27-23-45.jpg

d01.jpg
d02.jpg
d03.jpg

d04.jpg
d05.jpg
d06.jpg

d07.jpg
d08.jpg
d09.jpg

d10.jpg
d11.jpg

We head over to the Arena district and Rinara decides to share something also.
nwn2main2009-10-0319-45-40-08-----.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0319-45-50-64------.jpg

Rinara.jpg
I've been waiting for an opportunity to tell you about it, but you've been busy working towards your own goals.
CodeXia.jpg
Is that really the reason?
Rinara.jpg
Why else? What are you getting at, Code'Xia?
CodeXia.jpg
Maybe you weren't sure if I was skilled enough until now.
Rinara.jpg
It doesn't hurt that we've both learned a few things since arriving in Westgate. Still, if all goes well, it won't take much skill at all to do this thing. Your presence is just... insurance.
You're a smart woman. You've probably figured out that I had to have a reason for risking my life by coming back to Westgate. Well, here it is...
I have a large stash of gold hidden right here in the Arena District. Unfortunately, i had to leave the city without it or else my ex-partner, Viglor, would have killed me. I won't bore you with the details.
CodeXia.jpg
It's ok - bore me. I'd like to hear the full story.
Rinara.jpg
When I was with the Night Masks, I had a pretty clever hiding spot where I kept a very large stash of gold. My partner, Viglor, was the only one who knew about it, and even he didn't know where the stash was hidden... try as he might to get me to slip up and tell.
When the new bosses took over the Night Masks a few years ago, Viglor was nice enough to tip me off that I was about to be "let go". I didn't doubt what he was saying. I knew that a lot of street-level operatives were being eliminated from the ranks, even if I didn't know why.
What I did doubt was Viglor's motivation for telling me. No one would ever describe Viglor as "kind" or "loyal". If my head was on the block, I figured he would be the one volunteering to chop it off. There was nothing he liked better than carnage, except maybe gold.
CodeXia.jpg
So this was a trick to get you to lead him to your stash.

nwn2main2009-10-0319-47-04-40-----.jpg

Rinara.jpg
I suppose I should be thankful for his greed because it gave me an opening to escape. Still, the fact that I had to leave my stash behind has eaten me ever since. I've waited a long time to collect my fortune. I can't wait any longer.
CodeXia.jpg
So where exactly is this stash?
Rinara.jpg
The stash is in the Vhammos family mausoleum here in the Arena District. The crypt's caretaker was a friend of mine named Greely. He supplied me with a copy of the key he used to get in.
So here's where we get to the deal. I'll give you 1000 gold for doing nothing more than backing me up when I go to retrieve the stash. What do you say?
CodeXia.jpg
If it's as simple as you make it sound, why do you need my help?
Rinara.jpg
It's just insurance. You're in good with the Lathanderites and the City Watch. If someone happens to spot us entering the crypt, I could use your help smoothing things over.
CodeXia.jpg
Alright. Let's do it.

Nothing is ever that easy... Anyway, we'll check out Rinara's thing first.
We head over to the mausoleum, which is in a nearby park, in the southwest of the district.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-12-52-11.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0821-13-02-85.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
Yes.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-13-43-53.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
Very well.

So we're stuck only with the least combat capable party member. But that's not a problem, since this is an easy job, right?

We enter the building, which looks pretty much like any mausoleum in any RPG.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-14-55-18.jpg

We barely walk two steps and complications start to show up.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-15-05-86.jpg

Rinara.jpg
Greely?! Is that you?
nwn2main2009-10-0821-15-13-32.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0821-15-20-75.jpg

He summons a bunch of ghouls, which are actually the former "inhabitants" of the mausoleum.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-15-57-44.jpg

Anyway, not a real problem, but wtf?
nwn2main2009-10-0821-16-23-38----.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
You think?
Rinara.jpg
The Vhammos family employed Greely to preserve the corpses in the mausoleum, never suspecting he was using the bodies for his own experiments in mummification. Naturally, the family didn't pay him enough to finance this work. The obsessed fool had to borrow a lot of gold from the Night Masks to buy the components he needed.
When it came time for Greely to pay off his debt, I held some of his possessions as collateral while he collected the coin. Among those possessions was the key to this mausoleum. I made a copy of it so I could get back in whenever I wanted.
Greely was none the wiser... that is, until I led a group of Night Masks into the tomb and looted it. It was quite a scandal in Westgate. The City Watch had to find someone to hang for it, and naturally they honed in on the obvious suspect - Greely.
CodeXia.jpg
So you committed the crime and someone else paid for it. Very nice.
Rinara.jpg
The handy thing was that no one ever suspected the existence of a second key. And of course, none of the criminals in town thought about robbing the mausoleum because it had already been plumbed. It was like having my own fortified vault.
Of course, I didn't count on Greely coming back to haunt this place. That could present a challenge.

nwn2main2009-10-0821-17-01-02----.jpg

OK, luckily, I have some invisibility potions, since I can't fucking hide in shadows...
With the potion and Rinara hiding, it's fairly easy to move around and avoid other encounters.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-18-27-71.jpg

Eventually...
nwn2main2009-10-0821-19-11-43.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
Where's the loot?
nwn2main2009-10-0821-19-27-32.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0821-19-34-24.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0821-19-42-21.jpg

Hmm, that was it? No more dead people attacking? Quest over?
Of course not... There's someone waiting at the exit.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-21-02-39----.jpg

Rinara.jpg
I don't know who you are or what you're doing her, half-orc, but you'd better get out of our way.
_Viglor.jpg
Don't insult me, Rinara. You think I'm going to fall for that pathetic disguise of yours? We worked together for two years.
Rinara.jpg
Fine, Viglor... it's me. So what are you doing here?

So, old acquaintances... Say, that's a nice sword you got there, Viglor... Would look good on Charissa, I think.

_Viglor.jpg
Don't play dumb, Shivs. You know exactly what I want. That's why you've gone back to such lengths to hide it from me.
I've been waiting a long time for this. Oh yes, I got quite a tickle in my belly when I heard Fulgrim Bonebreaker was cut down in the street by a half-elf woman swinging two magical blades. Very careless work, Shivs.
Still, I didn't believe it because the rumor of your return never grew. I admire you for your discretion. If anyone recognized you since that first blunder, I haven't caught wind of it. It was only dumb luck that one of my people spotted you a few hours ago.
Rinara.jpg
Dumb luck? Is that what they call it when someone's too stupid to know it's not luck at all? You have no chance of stopping me and Code'Xia.
_Viglor.jpg
I wonder if your new partner knows you like I do. What do you say, Code'Xia? Do you know what sort of vicious murderer you're partnered up with?
CodeXia.jpg
Yes - that's what I like about her.
_Viglor.jpg
Oh? Well, it sounds like the two of you were made for each other then. Just make sure you sleep with one hand on your coin purse and the other on your weapon. Rinara is always looking for a better deal.
Rinara.jpg
Shut your ugly maw, Viglor. You're just trying to drive a wedge between us because you think it will give you some advantage.
_Viglor.jpg
You're no fun anymore, Shivs. If you want to dispense with the small talk, I'll be blunt. Hand over the loot. Now.
CodeXia.jpg
Don't do it, Rinara. We can take him.

OK, enough chit-chat, let's end this already.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-22-23-91----.jpg

Eldritch Chain + Brimstone Blast FTW.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-23-20-99.jpg

This ends pretty quickly.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-24-09-60.jpg

Rinara.jpg
Thanks for your help, Code'Xia. We've had our differences, but you've always backed me when it counted... and this one counted more than most.
I know the job turned out to be a little more difficult than I led you to believe it would be. I'll probably regret this, but... here's some more gold for your trouble.
Just put it away before I come to my sense, huh? Now let's get out of here.

OK, one down...

We go back to the Black Eye Tavern to get the rest of the party and then we go to the house of Brother Edens, the priest of Tyr.

nwn2main2009-10-0821-30-11-74.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0821-30-15-43____.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0821-30-22-38.jpg

_Edens.jpg
Well, I hope that an old blind man does not disappoint.
Charissa.jpg
No, but it is surprising to see one such as you who follows Tyr. He is such a vigorous god -
_Edens.jpg
He is a maimed god, as I am maimed. I was not born blind but have become so in the service of Tyr.
Charissa.jpg
Of course, brother...
_Edens.jpg
Oh, I did not mean to chide you, sister. I simply say that we are all maimed... in our own way. Even you.
Charissa.jpg
I most certainly am not! I'm fit as -
_Edens.jpg
Oh, in body, there is no doubt, but there are more ways to be maimed than that. But this is neither the time nor place for this. I have called you here for another reason altogether.
As has been noted, I am physically blind, so my ability to directly battle the forces of evil is now greatly hampered.
Charissa, you see that our enclave is too weak to move against the evil Tyr torments me with in my mind's eye. Helplessly, I have meditated here day and night as I watched the forces of darkness grow ever stronger in this city.
But in you, dear sister, Tyr has granted us the chance - finally - to right a wrong committed so long ago. You have the youth, the strength... the god-given power to finish these evildoers once and for all!
Charissa.jpg
Tell me of this evil, and if it is an abomination in the eyes of Tyr, so help me by all that is just, I shall destroy it!
_Edens.jpg
I knew you would agree, and I know you shall succeed.
The people in question are slavers, a blight upon any city in Faerun, but they are especially vile here. They are headed by a Thayan, one of the infamous Red Wizards, who oversees the import of slaves from the east and their shipment to the west.
This group has been in operation for a decade or more, and the sheer volume of human traffic they have moved would boggle the mind of most.
Charissa.jpg
Point the way, then. I will deliver Tyr's justice - Tyr's final justice - to this Red Wizard and any other slaver I find there.
_Edens.jpg
Allow me to show you on your map. It is near the docks.
Charissa.jpg
Excellent, then I'm on my way. I shall return when these vermin are dead. Code'Xia, I would appreciate it if you would aid me in this endeavor.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-32-30-69.jpg

OK, to the docks again. We enter a small house and we are attacked by shadows, but it turns out they are illusions.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-39-42-30.jpg

The house seems empty at first glance, but we find a hidden door in a wall.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-41-43-47.jpg

The door leads to a basement and as we advance, we are attacked.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-43-51-71.jpg

This fight can be a bit tricky, but not because the opponents are powerful. The path to the other side of the bridge is blocked, and even after destroying those crates, the rather stupid pathfinding of the NPCs complicates things.
The bridge also becomes covered with noxious fumes.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-46-03-71.jpg

After those guys are dead, we enter the next room, to find the Red Wizard and her guards.
nwn2main2009-10-0821-56-04-28.jpg

d12.jpg
d13.jpg
d14.jpg

d15.jpg
d16.jpg

Or not...
nwn2main2009-10-0821-58-53-89.jpg

The wizard teleported away before we could kill her.

We find her in the next room though.
nwn2main2009-10-0822-05-05-72.jpg

d17.jpg
d18.jpg
d19.jpg

d20.jpg
d21.jpg
d22.jpg

d23.jpg
d24.jpg
d25.jpg

Charissa.jpg
Quick, Code'Xia, let's go after her.
CodeXia.jpg
Yes, let's go.
d27.jpg

Interesting that you gain influence with her if you leave the slaves to die...
I have no picture of the fight, it actually ended too quickly: Devour Magic from Code'Xia to remove the protections and a critical hit from Mantides...

nwn2main2009-10-0822-21-37-18.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
Any good loot on her?
Charissa.jpg
Oh, I'm sure. The Thayans are known for their extravagance, but I still need something to exonerate my parents. Let's see if the's got anything on her.
Charissa.jpg
What's this? A journal of some kind? This might have something useful in it...

How convenient that she would carry her journal...
Charissa.jpg
It says here she's a scumbag... who cares... who cares... Yes, she's an evil witch...
The Thayans are terrible people... Come on, get to the good stuff, Falucca...
Oh, here she's talking about Brother Edens' arrival in Westgate. This should be inter -
By Tyr's wrath! Brother Edens!
If what this says is true, Brother Edens was once Pharros Sneed!
CodeXia.jpg
Who?
nwn2main2009-10-0822-22-07-60.jpg

Charissa.jpg
I think we need to have another talk with "Brother Edens" very soon.

After collecting all the loot, we return to the Arena District, to Edens' house.
nwn2main2009-10-0822-28-24-25.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0822-28-27-71.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0822-28-30-15.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0822-28-32-23.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0822-28-36-46.jpg

_Edens.jpg
However, the point is moot. I could have come forward to exonerate them, and I didn't. For what it is worth, Charissa, and I know that is very little, I apologize.
Here, that this letter back to Waterdeep. It will prove that Falucca came with me without coercion. If I could rectify the situation any more than that, I would.
Charissa.jpg
Even so, I should kill you now.
_Edens.jpg
Your anger is understandable, but perhaps you would relieve yourself of it a bit easier if I told you what happened all those years ago.
Charissa.jpg
I fail to see how it will make the downfall of my family any more acceptable, but divulge your secrets if you must.

The story goes on for a while, so I'll just sum it up.
Falucca joined up with the pirate Sneed when she was a teenager because she wanted to "escape" her noble lifestyle. Sneed fell in love with her, but after a few years, she lost interest and left him when she received an offer to join the Red Wizards. After that, Sneed started to become troubled by his crimes as a pirate. His crew mutinied and left him on some island. There Tyr reached out to him and promised to save him if Sneed would devote his life to him, which he did.
Sneed changed his name to Edens and settled in Westgate. After some years Falucca came also, as a Red Wizard to lead the slaving operations in the city. Sneed went to destroy her operation but he couldn't kill her. In that fight he lost his sight, after a blow to the head.

nwn2main2009-10-0822-29-52-17.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0822-30-03-81.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0822-30-13-06.jpg

Charissa.jpg
Or maybe it is a bit more complex, for you have clearly mended your ways, and that calls for lenience. Would killing you solve anything? Would it reverse the pain you have wrought?
But no, that is not the point! This is not about penance but justice. What do you deserve for your crimes, Sneed? What does twenty-five years without my parents warrant? What about the thousands of children who have likewise suffered?
But then that is the past, and I can only look to the present and future. Perhaps I should let you live...

nwn2main2009-10-0822-30-36-70.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0822-30-39-01.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0822-30-52-21.jpg

This was really cool. If your influence is not high enough, she does exactly the opposite of what you say.

Charissa.jpg
But there is still the matter of what to do with you, Sneed. Though you have turned from your ways of crime, you still have yet to pay for any of them.
You shall live to remember what you have done. Now that you have truly seen the error of your previous ways, the memory of your crimes will haunt you until your final breath. For any devotee of Tyr, that will be justice enough.
But I encourage you to continue to act now in the defense of the weak and the helpless, for though the past cannot be changed, the possibilities for the future are endless. Looking forward, I will be honored to call you my ally, my friend... my brother.
nwn2main2009-10-0822-31-19-79.jpg

As we exit the house, Charissa ponders her decision.
nwn2main2009-10-0822-32-02-62.jpg

Charissa.jpg
Free.. That's funny. All my righteous indignation... might it have been a cover for anger? No, it couldn't have been, could it? And if so, what now? I feel so... so... empty.
CodeXia.jpg
You should after the way you botched the whole affair.
Charissa.jpg
Come now! That man was so old... so decrepit! What purpose would his death have served? No, as empty as I feel now, I can only imagine how I would have felt had I killed him to avenge a wrong done so long ago. but where to go from here?
Alas, this I must ponder at a future date. For now the Night Masks - and that strange mask of yours - deserve our full attention. Onward then?

What I would have liked to see here, if she killed Sneed, it would have been interesting if she started to doubt her faith and maybe Mantides would start to mock her. Unfortunately, that is not the case. If Sneed dies, she says something similar, that she thinks she has done the wrong thing and that she must ponder about it later.

So this ends the stories of all our party members.
Next update we'll go to Kajeel's bar, to continue the main quest. This last part of the game is where the story really starts to shine.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Part 8: Kajeel's bar

We now go back to the Epic™ conclusion of the story (actually still 1-2 updates to go, but we're heading there).

A short reminder: after the discovery that the Night Masks are involved with vampires, Pentical Bleth sent our party of brave adventurers to get more info from Kajeel, who runs an exclusive bar in the Undergate.

We obtained a token to enter the bar from Obid's assistant so now we go again to the Undergate.

As usual, by now, the strange woman appears again with some other cryptic nonsense.
nwn2main2009-10-0320-35-14-94.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0320-35-22-53.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0320-35-29-39.jpg

Finally, we can get some sense out of this. There's a mirror in a room nearby, which seemed to serve no purpose until now.
nwn2main2009-10-0320-36-41-31.jpg

The strange woman welcomes us as we are teleported to some hidden shrine.
nwn2main2009-10-0320-37-16-40.jpg

d01.jpg

With that, someone else teleports in the room.
nwn2main2009-10-0320-37-22-78.jpg

Mantides.jpg
I haven't touched a drink in days and yet I'm seeing double.

d02.jpg

OK... So one more reason to visit Kajeel's.
The portal to the bar is guarded by a Genie, who lost a bet with Kajeel and is now forced to make guard duty.
nwn2main2009-10-0320-39-11-58.jpg

d03.jpg

So this is the place...
nwn2main2009-10-0320-40-05-72__.jpg

Kajeel is the mind-flayer to the right, but before talking to him, let's look for that Malahvan guy the strange women mentioned.

Kthan75

Liturgist
nwn2main2009-10-0320-40-27-44.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
Only if you annoy me.
_Malahvan.jpg
Then I'll be as annoying as possible. This place has gotten way too boring. A little trouble would be good.
At least you've improved the scenery around here. Now, if only you were dancing... Oh well, I suppose my imagination will have to suffice.
CodeXia.jpg
That's a nice cloak you have there.
_Malahvan.jpg
Let me guess - that woman Omadon put you up to this? Or was it her twin?
She's been pestering me about that cloak for ages. At first, I took her seriously and asked what she was willing to give for it. You can imagine my excitement when she sais "anything".
That's before I learned what a little misfit she was. She could not even begin to comprehend what I wanted. In that respect, she is not unlike all the other women I've known.
CodeXia.jpg
I'll give you gold for the cloak.
_Malahvan.jpg
Well, I'm running a bit low on gold this week. Still, it hardly seems like cause to sell off my possessions. I'd rather go beg for money from my sister. Or perhaps my uncle Delfry...
I need another drink. Buy us a round, would you? And make it a strong one -
Hmm... a thought suddenly occurs to me. Ever hear of a drink called "Elder Brew"?
CodeXia.jpg
[Lore] Yes. It's made from the fluid of an elder brain, or so they say.
_Malahvan.jpg
Very good! You know your libations, little sister?
There's nothing in Faerun quite like it. They say it's like your sweetes dream and your worst nightmare rolled into one. And this is the only place outside of the Underdark where it's served.
I've been meaning to try it for some time, but I've never quite got up the nerve. Besides, the price is steep... in fact, too steep for me right now. If you were to buy us a round, I would be willing to trade you the cloak.
CodeXia.jpg
Very well. Order us a round.
_Malahvan.jpg
It costs... *ahem*... 400 gold. Do you have that much?
CodeXia.jpg
Here you go...
_Malahvan.jpg
No, here we go, little sister. Barkeep! One flagon of Elder Brew!
nwn2main2009-10-0320-41-37-65.jpg

_Malahvan.jpg
Certainly not. I've haunted this place enough in life. Here, allow me to make the first toast...
To my new drinking partner: May our first gulps not result in our last gasps!
CodeXia.jpg
Let's just get this over with.
_Malahvan.jpg
Hmm, I don't feel any different. Wait a minute...
That's a little different... definitely not boring. Would you like to make another toast?
CodeXia.jpg
To Kajeel: For having the brains to offer such a fine drink!
_Malahvan.jpg
Ha! Ghrune gillie feegreen lit glowe, mardnit grew?
nwn2main2009-10-0320-42-15-97.jpg

Mantides.jpg
Code'Xia isn't going to die. I'm not sure about the other fellow, though. Good thing they only have one more drink to go.
nwn2main2009-10-0320-42-32-12.jpg

After that heavy trip, Malavhan is collapsed on the floor. We take the cloak from him and go back to the women.
nwn2main2009-10-0320-46-14-84.jpg

d04.jpg

Wow, that sure was a lot of useful info...

Anyway, let's head out of here.
But look who shows up.
nwn2main2009-10-0320-47-53-36.jpg

_Malahvan.jpg
You're coming from the temple of those identical twins, aren't you? It's a shame I didn't get a chance to warn you about them.
CodeXia.jpg
What do you mean?
_Malahvan.jpg
So they didn't...? I mean...
There weren't always two of those women, you know. One of them came from above a few years ago and... well, maybe it won't happen again...
CodeXia.jpg
Spit it out already.
_Malahvan.jpg
If you want to see what I mean, pay another visit to the temple sometime in the near future. I have a feeling things have changed around there.
nwn2main2009-10-0320-48-17-31.jpg

What the fuck was that about?

Let's go back to the temple to check it out.

Hmm... Krioux looks a bit different now...
nwn2main2009-10-0320-51-34-78.jpg

What the fuck is this??
d05.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0320-52-13-08.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-0320-53-40-51.jpg

Serves you right for taking my face, bitch.

With that out of the way, we go back to Kajeel's to talk business.
nwn2main2009-10-1617-15-19-39.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-1617-15-25-17.jpg

_Kajeel.jpg
Don't be surprised. Like all my race, I neither need nor particularly enjoy the crude manner of communication you most often employ.
It also means your mind is an open book to me, and so I know why you have come. I am impressed and a bit dismayed that you are aware of the safe house's existence, but I shall in no case divulge its location... or the password you seek.
CodeXia.jpg
[Think] What goes on here?
_Kajeel.jpg
Look, we have no need for small talk. I know it is but a feeble prelude to asking for the information you seek, and I have quite clearly already answered you in that regard. Now, for the last time, off you go!
*Sigh* I can sense your hesitation, so maybe it will be easier for you if you take note of my thralls just over there - my many thralls. Believe me. It is best for you if you leave.
CodeXia.jpg
Then you leave me little choice but to do this the hard way!

Small fight begins, but Kajeel vanishes before he goes down.
nwn2main2009-10-1617-16-37-71.jpg

Rinara.jpg
Did you see what I thought I saw?
Mantides.jpg
Aye... I saw the same. Teleportation, maybe?
Rinara.jpg
More likely a psionic projection if the word on the street is correct. That means the monster is still around here somewhere.

One of the guards dropped a key... We search around the place and we find a locked trapdoor.
nwn2main2009-10-1617-19-48-87.jpg

In the basement we find Kajeel again, but he looks... smaller.
nwn2main2009-10-1617-20-19-70.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-1617-20-24-84.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-1617-20-31-07.jpg

That sure was easy... Not such a tough guy anymore, eh?

CodeXia.jpg
You're a little small, aren't you?
_Kajeel.jpg
Oh, that's a good one. Definitely never heard that one before. Look, the "me" you saw upstairs was just a mental projection. Ah, an exaggerated mental projection. Now, for the love of Ilsensine, will you just leave?!
CodeXia.jpg
It's almost anticlimatictic to kill you now, Kajeel... almost! Time to die!

He dies very quickly

Rinara.jpg
[Influence -1] I would have let him live, Code'Xia. It never hurts to know a powerful figure's embarrassing secret.

We'll now head over to the Night mask safehouse.
Unfortunately I have to take off for now, will continue today or tomorrow with another small update.

Kthan75

Liturgist
So let's see about that Night Mask safehouse.

The entrance is in the Undergate, through a door that apparently leads nowhere.
But now we have the password.

nwn2main2009-10-1617-30-09-32.jpg

We are teleported to a small room.
nwn2main2009-10-1617-31-00-73.jpg

After 2-3 trapped doors we find a large hall with a diverse welcoming party.
nwn2main2009-10-1617-32-59-37.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-1617-33-42-48.jpg

This is Latasha, the vampire from the boat. Let's call her Dorothy.

nwn2main2009-10-1617-33-48-17.jpg

The Tinman...

nwn2main2009-10-1617-33-54-67.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-1617-33-57-82.jpg

The Lion...

nwn2main2009-10-1617-34-05-50.jpg

And the Scarecrow.

nwn2main2009-10-1617-34-19-15.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-1617-34-44-64.jpg

With the proper buffs, the fight is very easy.
But Latasha gets away during the fight.
nwn2main2009-10-1617-42-37-23.jpg

After the others are dead, there's not much to do around here, so we go to the exit.
nwn2main2009-10-1617-45-31-82.jpg

Will these villains ever manage to keep things in their pockets, without dropping them conveniently enough for adventurers to find?

We have no idea what BTW means (well, except one meaning which probably doesn't apply here), but Pentical Bleth may have an idea (or so the journal says).
nwn2main2009-10-1617-49-47-62.jpg

Whoa... Looks like Latasha's been busy. And troubles never come alone...
nwn2main2009-10-1617-50-07-25.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-1617-50-14-95.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
[Influence] You can't leave after everything we've been through together.
Rinara.jpg
[Failure] We had an informal agreement, that's all. You know, the kind of deal where either side can opt out at any time.
Mantides.jpg
I knew you were not to be trusted. What else can be expected from a former Night Mask!
Charissa.jpg
Don't try to make excuses, Rinara. This is cowardice, plain and simple.
Rinara.jpg
I'm not going to stand here explaining myself - I don't need to. If you expected my undying loyalty, you should have gotten it in writing, This is Westgate, after all.
CodeXia.jpg
So you're leaving... just like that.
Rinara.jpg
Just like that, Code'Xia. I'm... sorry.

Good riddance, she was the most useless in the party anyway.
But she does leave with all the items she has on her, which could be bad.
I wonder if you can stop her from leaving if you have max influence, did anyone try?

Back to work, on Pentical's body we find a key to her desk, where we find a journal, which explains a few things.

d06.jpg

So the next lead is Brother Tobias Winery.
We'll see that in the next update, in about a week.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Part 10: The Winery

After Pentical's death, we only have a single lead right now to find the Night Masks.
We must go to Brother Tobias Winery, which is located in the Arena district.

The Winery is a big building that looks like a monastery, and that's because it used to be one, as you'll see in a moment.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-02-10-53.jpg

As soon as we enter, we find the owner:
nwn2main2009-10-2021-03-19-07.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-03-31-22.jpg

_Tobias.jpg
My name is Tobias Timble. I run the winery here... have for several years running. Oh, it's such a pleasure to meet you. I do so enjoy meeting new people.
CodeXia.jpg
Shouldn't you be offering me some wine?
_Tobias.jpg
Oh... yes! I mean, I would offer you some wine, but I'm afraid we're suffering a shortage at the moment. Just temporary, you can be sure. A wealthy visitor from Sembia came and bought our stock before returning home. Or was it Cormyr? Regardless, we have none at the moment. Very sorry.
CodeXia.jpg
What can you tell me about this talisman?
_Tobias.jpg
Oh... well, I never thought I'd see this again! A year or two ago, I came up with this idea that all the workers here at the winery would wear talismans... or would that be talismen? Anyway, I worked for two whole weeks on this example talisman here.
Unfortunately, when I took it to a jeweler to have it reproduced in true gold, the price he gave me was just too high. It was the same with all the other jewelers I spoke to. Very sad, really. Afterward I lost track of the model I created, and now somehow it's ended up in your hands!

Right... A likely story.

CodeXia.jpg
If you don't mind, I'll have a look around.
_Tobias.jpg
Oh... certainly. In case you're wondering, this place used to be a monastery. When I took over the place, I decided to stick with the theme and have my workers dress up as monks. Sets us apart from the competition, don't you think?

So let's have a look around...
nwn2main2009-10-2021-04-34-46.jpg

Let's try to talk to some of the workers
nwn2main2009-10-2021-04-56-83.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-04-59-18.jpg

Hmm, there's also a weapon rack nearby...
nwn2main2009-10-2021-05-19-00.jpg

In the next room we find the journal of a monk.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-06-16-52.jpg

Undead? Catacombs? OK, time for some answers:
nwn2main2009-10-2021-07-09-02.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
One of your employees seems to have blood on his clothing.
_Tobias.jpg
Heh... you must be speaking of Niman. He's fond of shaving his body hair in a manner of some monk orders. I'm sure he just nicked himself. Heh... I've told him he's taking this whole monk thing too far.
CodeXia.jpg
You certainly have lots of weapons around here.
_Tobias.jpg
Those? Oh, those are just left over from the monastery days. I decided to keep them around to add a sense of... authenticity.
CodeXia.jpg
This journal I found mentions a halfling who visited the monastery. [Show Tobias the journal.]
_Tobias.jpg
Oh, yes... that. There's a good reason for that...

nwn2main2009-10-2021-07-29-13.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-07-34-28.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-07-44-88.jpg

Well, despite them being vampire monks, we kill them pretty fast. On Tobias's body we find a key for the cellar door.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-07-44-88.jpg

A successful Spot check...
nwn2main2009-10-2021-11-38-49.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-11-50-16.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-11-56-74.jpg

This is getting interesting. So the winery is just a front for a blood reserve operation, obviously for vampires... How deep are these involved with the Night Masks?

We investigate the room further and we find a secret door in the wall.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-12-19-28.jpg

The door leads to a crypts, not too surprising, I guess.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-12-39-63.jpg

Like any decent crypt in a RPG, there's traps to be found...
nwn2main2009-10-2021-13-12-30.jpg

(which, since we don't have a thief anymore, we must now get past by the method "send the guy with the most hitpoints first")

... and undead to kill.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-22-19-12.jpg

Eventually, we reach a large room, where we see a bunch of people, amongst which a familiar face:
nwn2main2009-10-2021-24-19-23.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-25-06-26.jpg

I could ask the same thing.

nwn2main2009-10-2021-25-11-18.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-25-15-28.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-25-34-12.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-26-21-85.jpg

The fight is only slightly challenging, if you don't prepare in advance.
But again, right before they die, Latasha and the other vampire, Kreed, retreat through some doors.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-29-08-64.jpg

We follow immediately.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-30-14-87.jpg

So this is where they retreated...

nwn2main2009-10-2021-30-23-93.jpg

Great... But...

nwn2main2009-10-2021-30-28-79.jpg

Look who's back!

CodeXia.jpg
I knew you'd come back.
Rinara.jpg
Weirdest thing. I was sitting on a ship ready to leave Westgate once and for all, when it hit me... If the Night Masks have grown in power since I left, then they've probably grown in wealth as well.
I did a few calculations in my head and decided that getting into their coffers was worth the risk, after all. From there, of course, it was a small matter to track you down.
CodeXia.jpg
A likely explanation. Regardless, welcome back.
Rinara.jpg
Thanks. I wasn't looking forward to another sea voyage at this point anyway. My stomach hasn't recovered from the last one.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-31-10-09.jpg

Where were we... Ah right, the quickly regenerating vampires.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-31-18-46.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-31-29-34.jpg

Latasha gets the same treatment.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-31-43-35.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-31-52-75.jpg

With no more enemies to kill for now, we quickly find another room with some kind of altar.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-37-47-14.jpg

d01.jpg

We basically have to "type" the words "garlic", then "sunlight", to activate the altar.
In case this is not too obvious, Tobias had a book which mentioned some facts about vampires, including these.

nwn2main2009-10-2021-39-50-00.jpg

d02.jpg

OK, so the game warns us we are reaching the end and that we should close all other business. How nice. Without any other business left in the city, let's go through the portal.

We reach a large hall, where we see someone sitting on a throne.
nwn2main2009-10-2021-44-49-42.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-44-56-62.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-44-59-37.jpg

nwn2main2009-10-2021-45-37-54.jpg

Orbakh.jpg
As you have doubtless already surmised, the intrigues of mortal deities no longer afflict me. I am Orbakh, the Faceless, yet often called the Night King, ruler of the Night Masks. Your life is yours for the moment, but I will have your secrets. Who are you?
CodeXia.jpg
My name is Code'Xia.
Orbakh.jpg
I asked as a courtesy. Your name is, of course, already known. Of greater interest to me is why you are here in Westgate. To be more specific, why you are in my hidden lair. None know of this place. Has Tobias betrayed me, perhaps?
CodeXia.jpg
The halfling was a poor front. I followed the cellar down.
Orbakh.jpg
Tobias is dead? A shame. He deserved to suffer an agonizing end for betraying the winery's true purpose. But enough of that. I am skilled enough in the arcane arts to sense a curse upon you - an extremely malignant curse. I believe I know the source.
You have in your possession a cursed domino mask. I know the history of the object and, indeed, its cure. Ig you are willing to listen, I will deign to enlighten you on the subject.

Finally, someone who knows what he's talking about

CodeXia.jpg
I'm listening.
Orbakh.jpg
The cursed mask you hold is tied to the spirit of a priestess, who lamentably, pried too deeply into Night Mask business. Her name was Elandra of the Flails. She followed Hoar, god of vengeance, and her single-mindedness allowed her to avoid a final death.
As fortune would have it, I possess a duplicate mask that would, when worn, remove the curse. Alas, I am unwilling to hand over this mask. This leaves us in something of a quandary. You see, there is another way to rid you of your curse.
CodeXia.jpg
Tell me of this cure.
Orbakh.jpg
You are an individual of some power. If this were not so, you would already be dead. I could use you in my organization, Code'Xia. I would need to guarantee your loyalty first, but that is easily done.

nwn2main2009-10-2021-47-01-54.jpg

Rinara.jpg
There are a few disadvantages to vampirism as well... such as, oh, the fact that you become his slave! You can't do this, Code'Xia.
Charissa.jpg
You are a fool if you even consider his offer, and a weak fool at that! I trust you have enough moral conviction to refuse.

But some support comes from a previously unlikely direction...
nwn2main2009-10-2021-47-16-23.jpg

Orbakh.jpg
Well, what do you say?
CodeXia.jpg
I need more time to think about this.

nwn2main2009-10-2021-47-41-54.jpg

So, time for some C&C. Do we side with the Night Masks and become a vampire?
Or do we reject his request and see what happens?

You decide.

aboyd

Liturgist
Wow, I kinda want to see you become a vampire just to see your companions freak out.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I'm guessing this is close to the very end? In that case, I'm actually interested in seeing the outcome of both choices. For the "canonical" ending of this LP though, I'd go with staking the sucker, the downside to vampirism outweighs the advantages.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Yes, this is the final choice, but this is not the final battle by any means.

The endings are VERY different, in both outcome, and what happens to reach it.

I intend to include both indeed, but I'm now waiting for more votes to decide the "official" ending of the LP.
Also, the second ending, whichever it will be, might be delayed a bit.

I won't give any spoilers for any of them, suffice to say they are both interesting.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Sorry for the long pause, busy weeks at work this time of the year.

There were not many votes, but 2:1 results for not siding with the Night Masks, so that's how I will officially end this LP.

Part 10: No blood for me, thanks. (Ending 1)

Last time left off, Orbakh aka The Faceless, the leader of the Night Masks, offered Code'Xia to join him by becoming a vampire.
The downside of this proposal is that she would become his eternal servant.

So we will refuse this offer.
nwn2main2009-11-0709-26-58-26.jpg

Orbakh.jpg
A position I can respect... although not the answer I desired. A shame - you would have served me well. Perhaps you may still have your uses in death!

At this point another group enters through the same portal we came here.
nwn2main2009-11-0709-27-14-57.jpg

Orbakh.jpg
What is this? Ebon Claws have followed you here? Foolish mortal!
Altama.jpg
Yes, yes! And now you are trapped! Trapped like a rat! We shall slay you, and then the glorious mistress shall assume the position of the Faceless!
Orbakh.jpg
Trapped... but hardly powerless. Prepare to learn the true measure of a vampire lord, fools!

The Ebon Claws are our allies for this battle. It's not really that difficult, but they make good cannon fodder.
nwn2main2009-11-0709-28-00-67.jpg

He teleports a couple of times before going down.
nwn2main2009-11-0709-28-14-01.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0709-48-37-48.jpg

That was Altama speaking, thought it's not obvious from the screenshot. Some of these end-game cutscenes are a bit buggy, either the image doesn't show the person speaking, or in some cases they are too dark and you can't make out anything.

Altama.jpg
Well, that and one other small matter... your death. Yes, yes, you have been fortunate to come this far, my friend, but I'm afraid your fortune is about to turn sour.

Gee, what a surprise. Also, if we had sided with the Ebon Claws in the beginning, she would still betray us at this point.
CodeXia.jpg
What are you talking about?
Altama.jpg
It's nothing personal. The mistress commands your extermination. You have proven most useful, but your continued presence endangers her plan to take over the Night Masks.
CodeXia.jpg
Who is this mistress of yours?
Altama.jpg
I will not be sharing any secrets with you, no matter how confident I am that you are about to die. It benefits me none, but could harm the mistress, should you manage to survive.
A pity you did not seek out our assistance with that mask of yours. Yes, yes, the Ebon Claws would have helped you, and the mistress might have spared your life had you aligned yourself with us. Instead, she has commanded me to slay you outright.
CodeXia.jpg
If you insist on trying to kill me, then get on with it.
Altama.jpg
We have talked enough. Even now, the Night King restores himself in his coffin. Come Ebon Claws, we must eliminate this threat quickly.

With that, they attack...
nwn2main2009-11-0709-49-57-46.jpg

... and die in the next 5 seconds.
nwn2main2009-11-0709-50-24-68.jpg

With that out of the way, let's find that coffin to stake that vampire bastard.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-08-53-54.jpg

We find him in a nearby room.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-09-15-12.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-09-25-23.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-09-41-76.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-09-51-20.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-09-59-23.jpg

What the...

nwn2main2009-11-0710-10-05-81.jpg

_Tasheni.jpg
Now he is dead, and a new Faceless must arise to lead the Night Masks. Did you truly think that wretched wererat could have masterminded such a coup? Altama was a pawn, as were the Ebon Claws. Westgate shall have a new Night Queen: Tasheni, formerly Countess of Shades!

Mantides.jpg
Tasheni?

Reminder: Tasheni was Mantides's former lover, it was due to her death at the hand of the Night Masks that led him to lose his paladinhood. Looks like she didn't exactly die...

_Tasheni.jpg
Mantides? Is that you? This is something I had never anticipated...
Mantides.jpg
Tasheni... I mourned you for three years. It's strange, but I feel nothing. You truly are dead to me. I have found solace in Shar, now.
_Tasheni.jpg
Tasheni stares at Mantides for a moment, and amazingly, a look of deep sorrow flitters briefly behind her feral eyes. The she releases a cold, hollow laugh.
_Tasheni.jpg
I'm not the only one who's changed a great deal since we last saw each other. I'd almost be inclined to welcome you into the Night Masks, but I'm afraid you'd be one turncoat too many.
Now, enough talk. My Fire Knife allies have arrived. Word of the true nature of the Night Masks's leaders cannot be allowed to spread. It's time for you all to die.

*Sigh* Or not...
nwn2main2009-11-0710-11-35-62.jpg

She goes down quickly, with her allies as well.

nwn2main2009-11-0710-12-26-37.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-12-40-67.jpg

Goddamit...

With not much left to do here, we go back to the portal.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-15-03-59.jpg

Suddenly...
nwn2main2009-11-0710-15-09-40.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
Who are you?
_Elandra.jpg
No more questions! Go, and all shall be made clear!
CodeXia.jpg
You leave me little choice, it seems.
Mantides.jpg
Who were you talking to?
CodeXia.jpg
What, you didn't see anything? A banshee, or something?
Charissa.jpg
A banshee? I'm afraid not...
CodeXia.jpg
Never mind. Just trust me that we need to go to Undergate quickly.

Conveniently, right outside the portal, in the catacombs, there is a statue which hides a direct passage to the Undergate (the mask hints this as you walk near it).
nwn2main2009-11-0710-17-08-53.jpg

Once there, we put on the mask as the spirit said.
With the mask on, we see some ghostly footsteps.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-19-06-68.jpg

Following the footsteps we reach a barricade, which hides another hidden passage.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-19-13-03.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-19-34-73.jpg

As we follow the tunnel, we reach some kind of underground facility.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-20-58-14.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-21-01-09.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-21-05-39.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-21-14-28.jpg

We are attacked by a bunch of vampires and skeletons.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-22-35-53.jpg

They don't pose any threat and we advance.
In a corner of the room we find a familiar looking body.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-23-27-09.jpg

Asshole finally got what he deserved. :twisted:

In another corner we find another human.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-23-48-65.jpg

Charissa.jpg
Human livestock. We should put her and the others out of their misery... right after we deal with those who are responsible for this.
Rinara.jpg
It makes sense, doesn't it? The Night Masks needed a way to feed all those vampires without drawing attention to themselves. What better way than to start their own blood factory?

Interesting...

Eventually we reach a door with some guards.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-24-59-14.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-25-07-75.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-25-09-68.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
How did you die?
_Peregrim.jpg
It's a lengthy tale but I will tell you if you wish. Perhaps it will make you understand why you should be afraid.
I was the companion of Elandra of the Flails... more than that, in truth. We were united by love in addition to our common cause of fighting the Night Masks. Together, we discovered the unspeakable secret they were hiding from Westgate.
Charissa.jpg
You're speaking of the vampires in the Court of Night Masters.
_Peregrim.jpg
The revelation that the Night Masks were run by vampires was only the prelude to a greater horror. The real revelation was this butcher operation they are running in this place.
By breeding and magically aging humans, the Night Masks ensure a constant food supply for their bloodsucking minions. It allows the number of vampires within their ranks to increase dramatically.
CodeXia.jpg
The operation is destroyed. Looks like you failed where we succeeded.
_Peregrim.jpg
Did you? and for how long? Elandra and I also foiled their plan... temporarily. Clearly, they have recovered, and they will recover again.
At the time, the operation was in its infancy. Elandra was the one who learned of it and led the charge into battle. I followed her for as long as I could.
But then the fear began to take hold of me. Not the magical variety vampires use against their enemies. Something more deep-seated.
When swords were drawn and fangs bared for our final assault on the Night Masks, I did what my nature demanded. I ran. Unfortunately, it was too late. The Night Masks overtook me. The last thing I saw was Elandra fighting her way toward me - whether to heal me or kill me, I do not know.
_Peregrim.jpg
With her dying breath, Elandra cursed the Night Masks... and me along with them. When my own breath failed, I became a death knight. Now I am condemned to guard her for eternity... or should I say, what's become of her.
That is my tale, intruder. Now you can flee in terror. But when you do, be sure not to hesitate as I did. We shall be at your heels.
CodeXia.jpg
I cannot turn back. I must find Elandra.
_Peregrim.jpg
If you will not flee, then you will remain here with us... forever.

Another meaningless obstacle, another quick battle.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-27-07-28.jpg

Finally, through the door, we see the spirit of Elandra in the center of the room.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-29-01-64.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-29-08-50.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
Why do you seek to warn me? What is coming?
_Elandra.jpg
Please... I can barely control my impulses as it is. You must protect yourself. Please hurry!

nwn2main2009-11-0710-29-21-73.jpg

FACT: Elandra is a banshee, which, unsurprisingly, casts Wail of the Banshee. The Mask has been gaining abilities as we progressed through the story, but now it reaches it's fully potential. Among other useful things, the mask provides immunity to Death spells and effects, which can come in very handy in the coming battle.

nwn2main2009-11-0710-30-21-84.jpg

Elandra goes down without much effort, but apparently, this is not the end...

nwn2main2009-11-0710-30-31-57.jpg

PLOT TWIST!1!
nwn2main2009-11-0710-30-40-64.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-30-46-98.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-30-50-42.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-30-59-31.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-31-02-10.jpg

_Zymena.jpg
I must confess, I never expected this to be quite so easy! That foolish creature, Tasheni, and her wererat puppet didn't suspect a thing. A ruse, within a ruse, within a ruse. Hardly a complex web to my kind, but enough to ensnare those two.
I am slightly dissappointed in Orbakh. I had heard such promising thing about him. I can hardly wait to claim his soul for the Blood war. First things first, however...

Souls? Blood War? What the fuck is going on?

She summons some allies.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-31-23-10.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-31-26-89.jpg

But then...
nwn2main2009-11-0710-31-30-65.jpg

Weren't you dead?!

nwn2main2009-11-0710-31-41-85.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-31-45-40.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-31-55-50.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-31-59-82.jpg

... the FUCK??

If you just failed your Lore check for D&D Lore, here's a bit of info on this thing.
d01.jpg

So now we fight the fiend and her allies. As an added bonus, any buffs that we had on the party from the previous battle with Elandra are dispelled.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-32-41-23.jpg

This battle is only slightly challenging. First focus should be to kill the Erinyes, they can cause problems otherwise. After that, Zymena goes down quickly with all her meteor showers.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-41-28-48.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-41-35-60.jpg

_Elandra.jpg
But before I go, know that my wrath will be sated, my retribution complete. This place - this wretched place - will be obliterated and buried beneath the very mass of Faerun. By my hand, the evil that occurred here will be lost to the memories of humankind forever!
However, no more blood will ever be spilled here, and certainly no more of yours. Come, and let me transport you to safety. Go with my blessing... and with my thanks.

And with that we are teleported out of there, but surprise...
nwn2main2009-11-0710-42-17-51.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-42-36-95.jpg

Orbakh.jpg
They live, although they shall soon wish they did not. The banshee's teleportation spell hit them harder than you. Her magic was crude but quite powerful. It almost killed them... much as you believed you had killed me, yes?
Suffice to say that, in Westgate, anything is possible. Vampires don't die easily... and that applies tenfold to an archmage. You did what I had planned for you to do - to a point.
Orbakh.jpg
I suspected Tasheni was behind the Ebon Claws but she was never my equal - or even close. Whoever was leading the organization was almost my match. I needed to take... drastic action... to draw out the greater power.
I faked my own death and you were my tool. Indeed, I sacrificed two of my servitor vampires, as well as Tobias and the winery, in order to ensnare you. Had you performed that role and left, I would have allowed you to live... perhaps.
Orbakh.jpg
I did not plan for the cursed spirit to reveal the location of my greatest operation. The factory was the source of blood that was to feed the empire I am forging. You destroyed it, and with it, inflicted considerable damage to my plans.
CodeXia.jpg
Why are you telling me this?
Orbakh.jpg
Because you have won my respect, and that warrants an explanation. Be glad - few are given this honor.
But enough talk. It is time for you to die -

nwn2main2009-11-0710-43-28-65.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-43-40-17.jpg

CodeXia.jpg
Yes. When will you villains learn that lengthy speeches are bad for the health?
Orbakh.jpg
The morning sun isn't nearly strong enough to destroy me as it might my servants. I have enough time to return to my lair. Make sure you are gone from the city by the time the sun sets once more, or my servants will hunt you down. That is a promise.
CodeXia.jpg
I'll be back, Orbakh. I have a stake with your name on it.
nwn2main2009-11-0710-44-08-50.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-44-18-79.jpg

nwn2main2009-11-0710-44-24-96.jpg

THE END

This concludes the LP for Mysteries of Westgate. Thanks for watching and for the supportive comments.

When I find a bit of spare time, I will add also the other ending.

Hieromancer

Educated
Not only did you manage to finish, but you did it in very little time and three pages. That's damn impressive.

Thanks a lot for doing this one. I was curious about what went on but didn't really feel like playing through MoW myself, so this was very fortuitous for me. Hope you get around to doing the other ending, I'm really curious how the vampire path would have gone.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Hieromancer said:
Not only did you manage to finish, but you did it in very little time and three pages. That's damn impressive.

Thanks a lot for doing this one. I was curious about what went on but didn't really feel like playing through MoW myself, so this was very fortuitous for me. Hope you get around to doing the other ending, I'm really curious how the vampire path would have gone.

Thanks for your comments.

December was really busy at work and I didn't find the time to add the other ending, but I'm planning on it, hate to leave it halfway done.

Kthan75

Liturgist
So... back on this.
I finally had some time on my hands to finish the other ending.
Update coming this weekend, but I'd need a new page.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom